Sign in to follow this  
87canary

Holt going to Leicester

[quote user="Canaryranger"]Ok doky Harry - I''ll go and get a life and leave you to make a really cool Norwich themed signature graphic with your own name on it. Not single by any chance are you?[/quote]http://oi54.tinypic.com/w9zj0w.jpgHe''ll make you one if you ask nicely[;)]

Canaryranger I''m getting bored with you now but will say 2 things before leaving this thread:

1 I notice you haven''t denied being Mel Henderson

2 I''m not single

[quote user="Canaryranger"]Brilliant!

You''ve rumbled me - I live in a blue and white shed just down the road from the north stand.

I am actually a Norwich fan, but not one of those deluded fans who think life revolves around the club. Football is a job and a business and the fans don''t really mean that much to the club. They''re just kept sweet so they keep pumping money into the club on matchdays and in the club shop.

Back to the issue, who cares if Holt goes? If he stays, I doubt he''ll score more than 6 this season. Cash in for the past it striker and get a proven prem striker
.[/quote]

Then your obviously not a football fan of any team and you dont understand this club.Le Judge normally bangs on a load of old tosh but tbh I think in this case he hit the nail on the head."Admit it, you have just bought your first Norwich shirt after supporting

Chelsea for the past five years and Liverpool for the five years after

that. Thankfully there will be little danger of you actually stepping

foot in Carrow Road next year."Harry, dont let a binner with 6 posts wind you up son.

For the record actually one of my gf''s co workers is a binner. While drunk at Latitude festival he made me a £10 bet that Holt will not score a Premiership goal.I have already spent the £10 as its the safest bet I have ever made !

Now if you are a city fan how can you be so flipent about Mr Holt ! Now i wouldnt say i am a lifetime supporter only really been a fan these last few years but one thing i have noticed is how important Grant Holt is. Every game i have been to over the past couple of seasons he has been simply brilliant. Call me deluded if you like but i think he will do fine in the prem league. And past it i dont think so i know its only pre season but he has looked just as good in the games he played ! I look forward to watching us play stoke so i can see the big man get his first HOME prem goal ;)

Harry,

Let''s not end our thread-ship on a bad note. My belief is thar holt did a job for us for two seasons, but we need someone better, someone who knows the prem.

Anyway, I''ll reply to your two points and bid you farewell:

1. I am not Mel Henderson.

2. Good to hear your not single. I hope you and your boyfriend enjoy the season.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]For the record actually one of my gf''s co workers is a binner. While drunk at Latitude festival he made me a £10 bet that Holt will not score a Premiership goal.I have already spent the £10 as its the safest bet I have ever made ![/quote]Counting penalties or not?

"someone who knows the prem."

Yes, it''s going to be a shock when Holt comes running out onto the pitch amd find it''s a grass rectangle with a goal at each end and eleven players trying to stop him from scoring in one of those goals.

In fact, the whole concept of having 10 other players helping to him try and score, whilst one of them is trying to stop the other 11 players from scoring by using his hands could come as quite a suprise to many of the other Norwich City players next Saturday as well.

So perhaps we shouldn''t be laughing at our binner friend, the strangely named ''canary merchant''. * Maybe we should have someone ''knows the prem'' - though cynics m ight wonder what a binner knows about the Premier himself.

After all it was quite a while since they were last there.

* why should not a binner call himself canary something, Mel Henderson calls himself a journalist

Such witty banter! Very good, veeerrrry funny!

The pace of the prem games is beyond anything the championship can produce, as is the quality of teams, with the exception of Wigan, Swansea and QPR.

Holt will get marked tighter, kicked harder and wound up more than ever. Couple that with the lack of service he''ll receive as our midfield will get pressured and given no time to rest.

Don''t get me wrong, I think there are 3 worse teams than us, see above, but I also think 2 million could be used wisely if we were to ever sell holt. It would not be the end of the world.

How useful could it be when only (approx) 9M has been used of the 40M available?

Also who is available for 2 million that is that much better than Holt and can give the same energy, enthusiasm and drive?

Selling him now would be IMO totally illogical and would rip the heart out of the club before a ball is even kicked.