Sign in to follow this  
87canary

Holt going to Leicester

I agree, but if he does go then it will be a great lost to the club but we''ve got to wish him well in the Midlands

Proof that the binners are bitter and twisted. Bless ''em.

We''ll wave to you through the Match of the Day cameras Mel!!

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]WHY HAVEN''T THE CLUB COME OUT AND DENIED THIS?[/quote]

they dont comment on speculation.

particularly hopeless speculation.

The Dail Mail is as inaccurate in its ''reporting'' about football as it is in it''s writing about immigration, crime and education!

Don''t touch the thing even with rubber gloves on.

The Daily Mail is simply the most biggest load of tosh of any newspaper that is published. It is never right about anything except, occasionally, the date.

"David McNally - Absolutely no truth in Daily Mail story saying we''ve accepted bid for Grant Holt from Leicester. Our captain''s not for sale."

Official Club Twitter.

Good!

TWEET FROM @NORWICHCITYFC

David Mcnally - absolutel no truth in the daily mail story saying we''ve accepted bid for Grant Holt from Leicester. Our captains not for sale.

"If we havent accepted a bid then the Daily Mail has fabricated the story"

Unfortunately not, as

"Sportsmail understands ..." which avoids stating it as a fact. It is merely reporting speculation from elsewhere.

HOWEVER

Having only just read this story it does appear by other comments on here and the comments below the story that Mel Henderson has changed the story.

Did the previous story carry the words ''understanding'' or ''believed'' ?

If you are wondering how you can tell the story has been ''updated'', check when it was posted

''Last updated at 3:36 PM on 4th August 2011''

and then check the first comment

''- SP, Norwich, UK, 04/8/2011 15:26''

I wonder why Mel Henderson has had to mofify the story ?

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]Dont really know what to make of that but I cant beleve the article is true?![/quote]Why not , Morison was almost certainly signed as Holt''s replacement , and in all honesty £2 million is a fantastic price for a 30 year old who has one good season in the Championship on his cv. Take sentiment out of the equation and it makes a lot of sense.

[quote user="City1st"]"If we havent accepted a bid then the Daily Mail has fabricated the story"

Unfortunately not, as

"Sportsmail understands ..." which avoids stating it as a fact. It is merely reporting speculation from elsewhere.

HOWEVER

Having only just read this story it does appear by other comments on here and the comments below the story that Mel Henderson has changed the story.

Did the previous story carry the words ''understanding'' or ''believed'' ?

If you are wondering how you can tell the story has been ''updated'', check when it was posted

''Last updated at 3:36 PM on 4th August 2011''

and then check the first comment

''- SP, Norwich, UK, 04/8/2011 15:26''

I wonder why Mel Henderson has had to mofify the story ?[/quote]

It was first published an hour before that around half 2

Surely you can load web pages from the browser cache?

If anyone saw it when it was first published I''m sure they could load previously cached versions of it...

What about if we sold Holt for 2 million and were the club that bought Shane Long for 8 million? Would that make some happy?

On the contrary Prem1, I think it makes no sense. You looking at it from a tangible viewpoint. Grany Holt is to this squad what Iwan and Malky were to the last premier promotion squad. Its not just about technical ability and value. Holt has qualities that are very very difficult to find in a footballer. Letting him leave would rip the heart and soul out of the squad.I for one would rather have Grant Holt in the squad as an unused sub for the season that have 2m quid in the bank!Its all about the bigger picture

The reason I stuggled to beleive it was that Jolt recently signed a 3 year deal... surely if the club didnt see him as having a future the length of the contract might well have been reduced. Also why drop our top scorer just because he might not cut it in the prem... when actually he might be the biggest asset we have. Also papers spread a load of s**t and I dont beleive everything I read...

"Despite his hunger to sample life in the top flight after starting out with Workington in the Unibond League, the fact that Norwich have accepted an offer for him could well convince Holt his future lies elsewhere."

Is that not enough even though it says understands earlier in the article?

Its rare for a player to be that talisman at a club, to share the anguish, to see bad times and then good. But not only see it but perform better in each and every season. He is the heart beat.

If Lambert is our best asset, then on the playing field no question it is Holt. If he was not at the club we would suffer gravely.

2 million is never enough and if leicester bid 2 million and had 7 or 8 million turned down for long. Then I would at least want that. His worth over the next two seasons is priceless.

If we stay up he can again lead our troops and be aware of other players coming in. If we go down he can again lift our players. He is very vital. He knows it, we know it, Lambert and McNally know it.

Very few clubs have a player like him, Davies at Bolton to a degree, guess Leon Brittain at Swansea but is he a real talisman. There are very few that have had the effect that Holt has had.

So if anything this should fire us and him up. I am so ready for this season to really get going and show this league what NCFC can do under Lambert and being led by Captain Grant Holt

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]What about if we sold Holt for 2 million and were the club that bought Shane Long for 8 million? Would that make some happy?[/quote]

What if Leicester are buying Long but loaning him to us for a season as he wants Prem footie under the understanding that they get Holt while in the Champs.  

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]What about if we sold Holt for 2 million and were the club that bought Shane Long for 8 million? Would that make some happy?[/quote]

What if Leicester are buying Long but loaning him to us for a season as he wants Prem footie under the understanding that they get Holt while in the Champs.  

[/quote]I''m guessing Lambert''s finally seen the light and is moving Holt on to accommodate Cody. I guess he might want Long to bring off the bench, though... even superheroes get tired sometimes.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

No. If we were going to sell Jackson or Vaughan and loan Long maybe but we would have 1 big man and 3 pacey strikers, not what we need.