Sign in to follow this  
87canary

Holt going to Leicester

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022410/Norwich-prepare-sell-Grant-Holt-Leicester.html

.... Apparently. I call bullsh*t

If we sold Grant Holt to Leicester for £2m, or to anybody for £2m, I would cut up my season ticket and post it to McNally. It won''t happen of course, but it would devastate me. This is why I don''t buy newspapers by the way, they are f''in pathetic, I can write my own load of bollocks and don''t need to pay to read somebody elses.

Utter nonsense; this just proves why it''s wrong to believe everything a newspaper says, as some people still do.

Selling your back to back player of the year, top centre forward and inspirational leader for £2 million? Not a chance in hell. That would just about by his left foot. Thats how important I think he is to us next year.

Does anyone think that we will ever be in a position where Grant Holt will be worth £2million again? Considering we have just spent more that that on a very similar striker would it be such a bad piece of business?

* DISCLAIMER - I AM PLAYING DEVIL''S AVACADO HERE *

[quote user="IncH HigH"]never.[/quote]Never say never. If Doncaster was still here I''d be believing that, only we''d still be in League One so the fee would be more like £300k, two knife blocks, a chefs apron, and a netbook so that Doncaster can email more.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Does anyone think that we will ever be in a position where Grant Holt will be worth £2million again? Considering we have just spent more that that on a very similar striker would it be such a bad piece of business?

[/quote]

Go to your bedroom and think about what you have just said!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

I appreciate you are playing devil''s advocat here. But I will still bite and provide the response. It would be an abysmal piece of business. Staying in the Premiership is about £50 million or whatever insane figure it is now. Our chances of achieving that would be massively decreased without him. What if Morison then gets injured or banned? Would you seriously be happy with Wilbraham leading the line? All for the sake of £2 million.

[quote user="PeekY-Gloucester_Canary"]

as this will turn out to be complete rubbish.. i wonder if mcnally will sit down and take it, or warn em that if they continue selling bulls**t then we will take legal action? anyone else had this thought ?

[/quote]

If we havent accepted a bid then the Daily Mail has fabricated the story. This is very similiar to what the NOTW did with regard to us going into adminstration. So I don''t see why we couldnt sue again potentially.

What a way to make the daily mail look even more foolish. If this was to ever happen I think there would be riots in the streets of Norfolk. When he was writing this story what was he thinking, we are going to sell our top scorer for the past two seasons, our captain and leader that holds the team together, for 2 million when we are preparing for what is probably the toughest season a football club can have.

Pot head.

Regardless of tthe plausibility behind this (or lack of) this will certainly do enough to heighten my blood pressure over the next few days.

[quote user="Jacko"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

I appreciate you are playing devil''s advocat here. But I will still bite and provide the response. It would be an abysmal piece of business. Staying in the Premiership is about £50 million or whatever insane figure it is now. Our chances of achieving that would be massively decreased without him. What if Morison then gets injured or banned? Would you seriously be happy with Wilbraham leading the line? All for the sake of £2 million.

[/quote]Morison is our £2.75m backup to Grant Holt mate, not the other way around! Grant Holt is by far the best striker in our team, was the best striker in the Championship last year, and will be our best striker again this year. He is better than Vaughan, better than Morison, and Lambert knows this. Only you know that Lambert knows this, and that Shack Attack knows this, he even pretty much told you that he was on a wind up.

[quote user="G"]

What a way to make the daily mail look even more foolish. If this was to ever happen I think there would be riots in the streets of Norfolk. When he was writing this story what was he thinking, we are going to sell our top scorer for the past two seasons, our captain and leader that holds the team together, for 2 million when we are preparing for what is probably the toughest season a football club can have.

Pot head.

[/quote]All that they will care about is hits to their website, and they are getting them. Controversial stories take people to their website who would otherwise have never click onto it under any circumstances, they certainly succeeded with me. And despite the controversy they know, and we know, that we will bite again in a few months time :)

"Captain Holt''s Derby Day Hat-Trick"]Mel Henderson has written numerous books on the scum:

http://t.co/HCHAw33 #ncfc

That''s the end of that then."

The fact the writer has written books on Ipswich makes this a very naughty piece. Even a potential day out for the lawyers....

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Jacko"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Morison is our £2.75m backup to Grant Holt mate, not the other way around! Grant Holt is by far the best striker in our team, was the best striker in the Championship last year, and will be our best striker again this year. He is better than Vaughan, better than Morison, and Lambert knows this. Only you know that Lambert knows this, and that Shack Attack knows this, he even pretty much told you that he was on a wind up.
[/quote]

I know it is a wind up. I think I said as much in my opening sentence. Just justifying to myself as much as anything why we wouldnt sell him!

Other Mel Henderson stories on the website claim that Wayne Routledge was joining both QPR and Leicester (both wrong), Connor Wickham was 100% joining Liverpool (wrong) and Emile Heskey was definitely going back to Leicester (wrong).

The biggest load of nonsense I''ve ever heard. If it was £12m or £20m I would be more inclined to believe it...

[quote user="Jacko"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Jacko"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Morison is our £2.75m backup to Grant Holt mate, not the other way around! Grant Holt is by far the best striker in our team, was the best striker in the Championship last year, and will be our best striker again this year. He is better than Vaughan, better than Morison, and Lambert knows this. Only you know that Lambert knows this, and that Shack Attack knows this, he even pretty much told you that he was on a wind up. [/quote]

I know it is a wind up. I think I said as much in my opening sentence. Just justifying to myself as much as anything why we wouldnt sell him!

[/quote]I know that you know that its a wind up :) - only the Daily Mail have really wound me up, as you can probably tell. Shack Attack could have left that disclaimer off there and felt my wrath, the Mail have always been absolute c*nts who write things to anger people. Worse than the News of the World if you ask me, take the Stephen Gateley article which was laden with heavy homophobia.

As stated Henderson is a rank binner and the Mail seem to have a couple more on their staff too. Often sent to our home games and rarely give an accurate report.

Ban ''em from The Carra is what I say!!

[quote user="D for Paul Lambert"]Other Mel Henderson stories on the website claim that Wayne Routledge was joining both QPR and Leicester (both wrong), Connor Wickham was 100% joining Liverpool (wrong) and Emile Heskey was definitely going back to Leicester (wrong).

The biggest load of nonsense I''ve ever heard. If it was £12m or £20m I would be more inclined to believe it...[/quote]In fairness Liverpool were interested in Wickham, that was pretty much conclusive, and Emile Heskey was offered a deal by Leicester but turned it down. The Routledge article probably wasn''t far out either, seeing as he was on loan their last year!I''d actually cry if we sold Grant Holt for anything less than £8m, and only then would I accept it if Lambert spent every penny on Lansbury, Pacheco and Rickie Lambert.

Mel Henderson is one of the most objectionable journalists I have ever come across. I had the misfortune to live South of the border a few years ago and took extreme displeasure in the drivel he wrote in the Ipswich Evening Star. Basically he spent the whole time slagging off Norwich (and not just the football team). If for whatever reason I wanted to get angry, I''d turn to a Mel Henderson article.

hehe the author is a binner? or have i got that mixed up.

I could see holty signing a new contract for 3 years and then 4 months later taking a step down to leicester who are by no means guarenteed ap lay off place let alone promotion. Would not want to be in the championship this season, very strong.

This is so far off it is hillarious read, trying to find the reasons why he would go.

"But boss Paul Lambert’s £3million purchase of Welsh international striker Steve Morison from Millwall, one of seven new summer signings at Carrow Road, means Holt is no longer guaranteed a regular place."

bwahhaahaha team captain, fans favourite 2 years running and the best part of 60goals in two seasons for someone who like morrison was playing in the lower echelons of football.

Might give it a green arrow i think this is an amazing effort of filling column inches with complete rot.

1. Why would we accept £2mil for our captain, top scorer and player of the season

2. Why would Holt drop down to the championship after working so hard to get to the Premier League

3. I am still absolutely petrified