Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

West Ham v Cardiff

Two observations. How are Scott Parker, Mark Noble and Carlton Cole still at West Ham. Premier League players by any measure.

Second, how many Norwich connections can you spot in this game!?

Connections:

- Both ''keepers played for us at one point (Marshall and Green)

- We have Naughton and Cardiff have McNaughton - does that count?

Only one true connection I think.

[quote user="calriv"]Connections: - Both ''keepers played for us at one point (Marshall and Green) - We have Naughton and Cardiff have McNaughton - does that count? Only one true connection I think.[/quote]

You''re forgetting Cardiff''s manager - Malky, was a great player for us. Also Scott Parker had a spell on loan with us.

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="calriv"]Connections: - Both ''keepers played for us at one point (Marshall and Green) - We have Naughton and Cardiff have McNaughton - does that count? Only one true connection I think.[/quote]

You''re forgetting Cardiff''s manager - Malky, was a great player for us. Also Scott Parker had a spell on loan with us.

[/quote]You are also forgetting Earnie.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="alysha"]

[/quote]

You are also forgetting Earnie.
[/quote]

How the hell did I forget Earnie [^o)]

[quote user="52canary"]Yes Green should have done better with that shouldn''t he Carlton Cole isn''t as good as Holt in my opinion.[/quote]

Yep, I''d rather have Holt than Cole, that''s for sure.

Is it only me that thinks Can''t Control is vastly over-rated? I''d take Holty over him every day of the week; he plays with effort, passion and for the team in complete contrast to Can''t Control who most of the time appears lazy and disinterested when the going gets tough or he doesn''t fancy it.

Cole is a funny one, on his day he''s as good as anyone in England but since Grant took the job at Upton Park he''s never looked the same player as the one Curbisihly and Zola shaped into a powerhouse. On youtube there''s a goal he scored against Wigan which is incredible, also another beauty he netted against Spurs, teeing it up and volleying it in from 20 yards out on the spin! later in the 2009/10 season he just lost it which is a shame as I always thought he''d be a star for England