Sign in to follow this  
Wales Canary

Cody

I have been reading this site for a couple of years, but have never felt the need to post until now. I am sick of reading on here about this obsession people have with Cody McDonald. Dont get me wrong, I like Cody, Ive met him and he seems like a good chap and I wish him all the best with his future career, but that career is clearly not at Norwich City. Lambert has made his mind up, Cody is 8th choice striker and needs to move on. He is not Premiership level and needs to play at a level that suits him. We prob have room for 6 strikers in the 25 man squad, which will be taken up, rightfully so, by Holt, Vaughn, Morison, Jacko, Wilbrahimovic and Chrissy Martin. Im sorry but Cody is not on a par with any of these 6, so its time to say goodbye. GET OVER IT!!!!

[quote user="Hemel_Canary"]I have been reading this site for a couple of years, but have never felt the need to post until now. I am sick of reading on here about this obsession people have with Cody McDonald. Dont get me wrong, I like Cody, Ive met him and he seems like a good chap and I wish him all the best with his future career, but that career is clearly not at Norwich City. Lambert has made his mind up, Cody is 8th choice striker and needs to move on. He is not Premiership level and needs to play at a level that suits him. We prob have room for 6 strikers in the 25 man squad, which will be taken up, rightfully so, by Holt, Vaughn, Morison, Jacko, Wilbrahimovic and Chrissy Martin. Im sorry but Cody is not on a par with any of these 6, so its time to say goodbye. GET OVER IT!!!![/quote]You said that he is the 8th choice striker, and then name 6 people above him in the pecking order, any particular reason for that? The reason that people are unsure about the Cody sale is really quite simple, they see a player who will probably be good enough to score regularly in the Championship next season, whilst our own future is a little uncertain. After the four or five years that we had pre-Lambert, there were periods when we were screaming out for a goalscorer, so it simply seems odd to some people that we can now dispose of one so easily. People are just slightly worried that we may come down, see some of our existing strikers request a move (perhaps if Lambert left), and then potentially regret the departure of Cody.Simply saying that he is 8th (well, 7th) choice is a strawmans argument. He is no doubt a much better player now for his season of football then he was when we first saw him at the club two and a half years ago. He is potentially only one season away from being a Championship standard striker, following precisely the same pattern as Holt and Jackson, as well as a few other players in our team, who have gone from L2 to L1 to Champs, and now to Prem.Cody''s next move should be League 1, if he cracks that he will end up in the Championship next season. There is a very good chance that a £1.5m Cody McDonald could be lining up against us in 12-18 months time. That is the concern.It isn''t a negative, it is actually a positive. It has been a long time since we were ever in the position to reject talented young players, and that is why a few of us are uneasy. If we stay up this year it is a non-issue, and we will probably be having precisely the same conversation about whether we should be selling off Simeone Jackson and Chris Martin to accomodate our new £9m Brazilian wonderkid or something.

So let me get this straight. You''re so sick of peoples obsession with Cody McDonald on this site that the only way you could get over it was to start another thread about Cody McDonald. Makes sense [:|]

Its unfortunate because he is obviously a fans favourite but he wouldn''t get a look in at Championship level under Lambert so I doubt he will get a chance in the Premiership.

Cody did alright last season in League 2 and perhaps could do a job at League 1 level, if I was McDonald I would be looking at this as an option next season.

People need to understand there is a huge gulf in quality between scoring 20+ goals in League 2 than playing ''bit-part'' in a newly promoted Premiership team and as the opening poster has put it McDonald is 7th-8th choice striker.

I wish the lad the best of luck for his future and hope he can recreate the form he showed last season in League 2 in this seasons League 1 for whoever he ends up playing for!

I think I would rather Cody stay but the 25 man squad is an issue.

I can see Cody scoring on regular occasions if given the chance in the chance in the Championship. Not being defeatist but if we do not establish ourselves as a Premiership club we could be going back down to the Championship with some of the pecking order of stikers above Cody leaving.

Then I think we would be a little annoyed at letting him go too early (not saying never sell him, but just not now), I actually prefer Cody to Wilbraham!

I can see it now Cody will get his chance will score in the Championship and be worth a hell of a lot more than we will sell him for now.

He is a younger more exciting player than Wilbraham thats for sure, playing the longer game how much longer does Wilbraham have playing?

Your talking as if we are instantly going to be an established Premiership side its going to take time. 

Interested in others feelings on Hemels post

my point was that I got in last night and wanted to look up a report on the Billericay match, to see how the likes of Drury etc are doing. but then people started goin on bout how it would have been a good chance for Cody to show what he has. How? Against a non-league side? Lambert has made his decision. End off. If we do get relegated and Cody ends up scoring against us at some point then so be it (though if he''s in the champ remains to be seen) A lot of former City players have a tendancy to score against us lol. As I said, I do like Cody but there is no room for him, same as McNamee, so they need to be moved on, and people need to accept that and start focusing on the 25 men we are gonna use. Chelmsford, I disagree about Wilba, I think he''s the better option cos of his hold-up play and in the prem i think we need a 3rd choice target man more than a 4th choice quick striker.

Incidently, I had him as 8th choice behind the 6 in the squad, and Oli Johnson, whom I think Lambert would use 1st, however im willing to bump Cody up to 7th choice

If he had 2 years left on his contract then we would probably be looking to loan him out to League 1 or Championship see what he can do and see where we are but as he only has 1 year left then we may aswell cash in on him instead of letting him go on a free and we make a tidy little profit, after another good season his price tag could double and we have sold a decent striker for less than he''s worth and he scores 2 goals against us. Thats why some people aren''t happy.

I don''t know why people get so upset when Cody is mentioned. He''s a norwich player, has the attributes we''ve been looking for in a player for years and we''re about to let him walk away.

If he was a product of Chelsea, Man u or Arsenal youth then people would be raving about him, even if he was exactly the same player doing what he''s doing.

How many other players come from a club like Dartford and have the confidence to round the cardiff keeper in front of a 20-25k crowd to score their first Championship goal?

Sell him and get some money back. He has 1 year left on his contract and is unlikely to renew it if chances are few. We''d still be making a huge profit on him even if he went for £500k.

If we go down and we lose some strikers we''ll buy somemore with the millions we''ll receive in parachute payments. Has anyone not thought of this?

[quote user="Rupethebear"]He hasn''t played for NCFC for about 18 months, why all this dribble, he''s not in Lambert''s plans, ship him out, end of![/quote]

[Y] It''s gone far beyond daft,these constant threads about him.

Apologies for bumping this one!!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Its unfortunate because he is obviously a fans favourite but he wouldn''t get a look in at Championship level under Lambert so I doubt he will get a chance in the Premiership.

Cody did alright last season in League 2 and perhaps could do a job at League 1 level, if I was McDonald I would be looking at this as an option next season.

People need to understand there is a huge gulf in quality between scoring 20+ goals in League 2 than playing ''bit-part'' in a newly promoted Premiership team and as the opening poster has put it McDonald is 7th-8th choice striker.

I wish the lad the best of luck for his future and hope he can recreate the form he showed last season in League 2 in this seasons League 1 for whoever he ends up playing for![/quote]Based upon the fact that he like several others has not featured in any pre-season games including Billericay last night then I think it is safe to assume that he will not be getting a chance in the premiership with us...

Wilbraham has quadroupled his money since meaving MK Dons, what the hell is he doing in the prem ahead of Cody? Does anyone really think Aaron Wilbraham would have smashed in 24 goals in league 2 last season? No way, Cody would try just as he would too. The reason we went up is partly down to the fact that Aaron ''League One'' Wilbraham got injured thus leaving Lambo no option but to start Jackson

[quote user="gary_critter"]Wilbraham has quadroupled his money since meaving MK Dons, what the hell is he doing in the prem ahead of Cody? Does anyone really think Aaron Wilbraham would have smashed in 24 goals in league 2 last season? No way, Cody would try just as he would too. The reason we went up is partly down to the fact that Aaron ''League One'' Wilbraham got injured thus leaving Lambo no option but to start Jackson[/quote]

i disagree. you could sign many lower league scorers and it doesnt mean your going to get goals in the prem. wilbraham will be a squad player who is the best header of a ball we have upfront, for him to come on with 5 or 10 left chasing a goal is vital

I like Cody Macdonald and feel that he could be a useful squad member this season but Lambert in whom we trust and knows better than all of us, feels otherwise so we have to go with the flow!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I like Cody Macdonald and feel that he could be a useful squad member this season but Lambert in whom we trust and knows better than all of us, feels otherwise so we have to go with the flow![/quote]

Get over it,He''s as good as gone,Now get on with packing the gnapsack for the Wigan haul,   

[quote user="gary_critter"]Wilbraham has quadroupled his money since meaving MK Dons, what the hell is he doing in the prem ahead of Cody? Does anyone really think Aaron Wilbraham would have smashed in 24 goals in league 2 last season? No way, Cody would try just as he would too. The reason we went up is partly down to the fact that Aaron ''League One'' Wilbraham got injured thus leaving Lambo no option but to start Jackson[/quote]Hmm, except that''s not quite how it happened, is it?  Don''t let the facts get in the way of a good old-fashioned witch hunt, though.(Also, is it just me, or are there an awful lot of new members signing up seemingly to slag off one player and little else?  Duplicate accounts?  Or just our ''friends'' from Suffolk on a wind-up, bless ''em?)

At the end of the day, ask yourself how happy you''d be if we now signed a player who had scored a decent number of goals over the course of a season in League Two but virtually nothing in any leagues above this?

pete_norw"]

grantroederdisaster"]I like Cody Macdonald and feel that he could be a useful squad member this season but Lambert in whom we trust and knows better than all of us, feels otherwise so we have to go with the flow!

Get over it,He''s as good as gone,Now get on with packing the gnapsack for the Wigan haul,   

Easy Tiger!

I said I like Cody Macdonald and think he''d of probably scored a healthy amount of goals for us last season but he wasn''t around cause Lambert didn''t think he was quite up to the Championship and the chances of him being around this season were low so in reality I got over Cody Mac quite a while back!

I''ve never got over Norwich selling very cheaply one of their greatest ever strikers Ron Davies back in the 60''s!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]pete_norw"]

grantroederdisaster"]I like Cody Macdonald and feel that he could be a useful squad member this season but Lambert in whom we trust and knows better than all of us, feels otherwise so we have to go with the flow!

Easy Tiger!

I said I like Cody Macdonald and think he''d of probably scored a healthy amount of goals for us last season but he wasn''t around cause Lambert didn''t think he was quite up to the Championship and the chances of him being around this season were low so in reality I got over Cody Mac quite a while back!

I''ve never got over Norwich selling very cheaply one of their greatest ever strikers Ron Davies back in the 60''s!

[/quote]

That could be said for every player we''ve sold  on

I think he''s had a raw deal, streets ahead of Wilbraham. I still can''t beleive Wilbraham is in the premier league at 31, it just seems wierd, he didn''t really do anything (1 goal against Leicester) until he got injured and paved the way for Lambo to start with Jackson regularly so he could shut up all the doubters that used to get on his back if he didn''t run through the whole opposing team and score every time he got the ball. Jackson ended up scoring the goal that took us up whilst Aaron ''Pele'' Wilbraham was injured, the best thing he did for the club was get injured, we''d have probably stumbled into the play offs if he stayed fit and who knows what would have happened then?

I wish Cody all the best, I hope he smashes a load of goals in this season and the future

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9415413.stm

Gary clitter please listen to the Lambert interview regarding Aaron Willbraham.

1:17 - 1:55 of the interview shows your football knowledge is somewhat limited. It comes straight from the horses mouth.

So just cos he doesnt bang in 30 goals a season doesnt make him sh*t.

Centre forward play is not all about goals as others have touched on in this thread.

Enjoy the listen.

Give him and all the other lads a chance please.

In Lambert I trust.