Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

A question about Ashton

Not too worried about that - just want him to continue finding the net at the rate he has already this year.

Will be frustrating if he copies Earnshaw though...

OTBC

[quote]Have a look at this thread DDiM and your question will be answered! http://new.pinkun.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=63&MessageID=77721[/quote]

Cheers Meeky.  Sorry to repeat a thread.  Didn''t see it first time round.  Great news!!

I have a question about Ashton, 

Why have we waited till January to sign him?  If we had signed him and (as reports suggest) another player or two in the summer we could be a lot higher up the league table by now.

We probably could have got him cheaper in the summer.

[quote]Not too worried about that - just want him to continue finding the net at the rate he has already this year. Will be frustrating if he copies Earnshaw though... OTBC[/quote]

Earnie has scored 7 goals in 18 games for a not very creative WBA which is not too bad.

I think there was always a desire to sign someone in the summer (probably Johansen) but that fell through very late in the day (Tahns refusal to sell Bent?) linked to a lets wait and see approach.

If we were well adrift at the bottom then the club would be financially safe but if we are in with a shout (and we certainly are - open league, one or two missing players) then we can put the cash up then.

Ashton in the summer was a greater risk - was his form only short term , would he be defended better as his reputation grew, continued concerns about his lack of pace...

OTBC

I disagree with that view Saint.I think banging in 20 goals in four months will have done young Deano the world of good, and had he come here too soon he may have struggled in our weak team to get chances.At 21, this would not have been good for his confidence. Overall, I think this is the best time for both parties to act - it gives us a lift, the players a lift and Deano the chance to believe that his goals can make a difference.

Right player, right time for us.

Certainly better than Johanssen/Euell.

Better than Harewood too - but is he part of the package? Can''t help thinking there''ll be a pair of strikers to bang ''em in.

Now, who do we get in the middle?