Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Will Paul Lambert still be NCFC manager at season's end?

Disclaimer: This thread is not a negative thread.  It is not anti-club.  It is not anti-Lambert.  It is a legitimate question which can be answered in terms of "yes" as well as "no". I want Lambert to stay at this club for a long time as I believe he is an excellent and inspirational manager, but am realistic enough to accept he is also ambitious and may want more in terms of resources than we as a club can offer him.We''ve seen highly promising young managers take clubs into the Premier League and get poached by other established Premier League clubs who are struggling but have more resources and better squads (Owen Coyle, Bolton Wanderers from Burnley).We''ve seen highly promising young managers get promoted into the Premier League and then get fired after results don''t go their way (Roberto Di Matteo, West Bromwich Albion - Chris Houghton, Newcastle United).Last season we had the Burnley yes/no saga that ended with Lambert getting a better contract but which may have indicated he is open to offers.

Bearing all that in mind, do you think Paul Lambert will still be Norwich City manager at the start of next season, and why?  (The key word here is "think", not "want"... I think 100% would want him here.)

I think he will try to see out a whole season with his new squad. You never know though, January comes, we are looking in a lot of trouble and someone with a lot of spare cash comes in who knows. It is very hard to leave your emotion out like you say as 100 per cent will want him here.I was out with a friend who is certain Lambert is just out about the money and we will lose him at the first opportunity he gets to leave.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Yes I think he will be here unless someone goes after him at the start of jan and he gets a few bob to spend. Maybe someone like villa?[/quote]

Given the way that his mentor, Martin O''Neill left Villa, I will be very surprised if Lambert goes there, unless there is a change of regime at Villa Park.

| genuinely believe that Lambert will see out this season come what may, however i don''t think that he will be here this time next year.

1] He wont get sacked regardless of how we do

2] judging by recent interviews he does not seem too keen to go back to Scotland to manage a club

3] That just leaves him being tempted to go to a big fish. I make some assumptions here that we are still in the premiership or else why would a big fish want to have him. That being the case which clubs are we thinking of?

Spurs, Newcastle ?? if so then he is gone and it would not be fair to stand in his way. He will not be asked by the big 4 or 5 so who else does that leave?

Bolton, Fulham, WBA, Wolves, Blackburn if we were stillin the premiership why would he want to go to a club like those

In short he will only go IMO if a significantly bigger club comes in for him

Alex Ferguson reaches 70 at the end of this year. Once Man U have their 20th title and another Champions League under their belt, he will decide to retire while still at the top.Paul Lambert will be his replacement.Remember, you read it here first.

I don''t think Lambert will be taking over from Fergie.

It will probably be ''The Special One'' or someone like Moyes, Martin O''Neil etc.

Paul Lambert will leave NCFC in January 2012 and become a self-sufficient recluse living in a small croft situated deep in the heart of the Scottish Highlands.....He intends to survive financially, by breeding haggis and tending to an acre sized plot to grow deep-fried Mars bars and hopes to erect a small shed to accommodate a micro bootleg Irn-Bru distillery.....

That''s if in January 2012....he doesn''t go to Aston Villa, Celtic or Man Utd.....

It come to something that this here message board is so dumbed down or frequented with dipsticks, that a simple question has to have a disclaimer and be explained to a level of a 5 year old as to not be misunderstood.http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/images-signs/think.gifhttp://christianlouboutinusa.info/image/20110131101931252.jpghttp://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/d/6/5/1197097991377269296johnny_automatic_ivy_leaf_2.svg.med.png

On the basis of the old twaddle, the original OP has put up -

"Last season we had the Burnley yes/no saga"

We did not, we had a number of the terminally stupid over exiting themselves for a day or so about a non story (as with recently, Holt to Leicester)

"that ended with Lambert getting a better contract "

It did not. Paul Lambert signed a new contract AFTER the season finished - which would have reflected the club''s new position ie Premier League.

So will Alex Ferguson be Norwich City''s new manager ?

We''ve seen recent Norwich City managers being Scottish

We''ve seen Alex Ferguson express a wish to manager an East anglian club (his son already does)

Bearing all that in mind, do you think Alex Ferguson will be Norwich City manager at the start of next season, and why?

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]It come to something that this here message board is so dumbed down or frequented with dipsticks, that a simple question has to have a disclaimer and be explained to a level of a 5 year old as to not be misunderstood.

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/images-signs/think.gif
http://christianlouboutinusa.info/image/20110131101931252.jpg
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/d/6/5/1197097991377269296johnny_automatic_ivy_leaf_2.svg.med.png
[/quote]

Eyeball,forehead,stiletto,leaf? What you on about?

[quote user="City1st"]On the basis of the old twaddle, the original OP has put up - "Last season we had the Burnley yes/no saga" We did not, we had a number of the terminally stupid over exiting themselves for a day or so about a non story (as with recently, Holt to Leicester) "that ended with Lambert getting a better contract " It did not. Paul Lambert signed a new contract AFTER the season finished - which would have reflected the club''s new position ie Premier League. So will Alex Ferguson be Norwich City''s new manager ? We''ve seen recent Norwich City managers being Scottish We''ve seen Alex Ferguson express a wish to manager an East anglian club (his son already does) Bearing all that in mind, do you think Alex Ferguson will be Norwich City manager at the start of next season, and why?[/quote]

"Over Exiting?".....Is that when you like er... go to Morrisons, get your shopping and pay and leave via the big revolving door, but stay in it going round an'' a round inside it for about an hour - until your frozen foodstuffs begin to thaw?

I think a club like Everton is a realistic destination for Lambert...I don''t see the top 5 having the courage to appoint someone who doesn''t have experience of managing a big club (with a commanding history)! It also depends whether he feels he can achieve more at Norwich and if the board back him.

If we stay up I can see him staying at Norwich for another season. If not Malky Mackay or Lee Clark would be my two choices to suceed him...but hopefully it doesn''t come to that!

"but stay in it going round an'' a round inside "

therefore not actually exiting

still, well done for trying to make a joke

maybe in that light we can all be a bit more appreciative of those who are funny

[quote user="City1st"]"but stay in it going round an'' a round inside " therefore not actually exiting still, well done for trying to make a joke maybe in that light we can all be a bit more appreciative of those who are funny[/quote]

You''re moderately funny.....but, not in a very houmous way....More like an out of date sourcream....Y''know what I mean?

I

"You''re moderately funny"

how kind

I wish I could return the compliment

[quote user="City1st"]"You''re moderately funny" how kind I wish I could return the compliment[/quote]

Send it on a stamped addressed antelope....Deer.

[quote user="City1st"]I was going to say buck off but that would be rude[/quote]

Please doe....I expect nothing less from a mooserable git like you....

you would be in that frame of mind if you received a pm that said you were almost the rudest poster on the forum

almost ?

[quote user="City1st"]you would be in that frame of mind if you received a pm that said you were almost the rudest poster on the forum almost ?[/quote]

Least it was a pm post and not an am.....It might have woke you up in the morning....

If we do well he will attract attention but unless a significantly bigger attraction comes up (possibility of europe) I dont see him leaving. If we get relegated I think he will stay too.

[quote user="jayncfc"]I think he will try to see out a whole season with his new squad. You never know though, January comes, we are looking in a lot of trouble and someone with a lot of spare cash comes in who knows. It is very hard to leave your emotion out like you say as 100 per cent will want him here.I was out with a friend who is certain Lambert is just out about the money and we will lose him at the first opportunity he gets to leave.[/quote]which is why he didnt leave us for Villa or Celtic then????

[quote user="City1st"]On the basis of the old twaddle, the original OP has put up -

"Last season we had the Burnley yes/no saga"

We did not, we had a number of the terminally stupid over exiting themselves for a day or so about a non story (as with recently, Holt to Leicester)

"that ended with Lambert getting a better contract "

It did not. Paul Lambert signed a new contract AFTER the season finished - which would have reflected the club''s new position ie Premier League.

So will Alex Ferguson be Norwich City''s new manager ?

We''ve seen recent Norwich City managers being Scottish

We''ve seen Alex Ferguson express a wish to manager an East anglian club (his son already does)

Bearing all that in mind, do you think Alex Ferguson will be Norwich City manager at the start of next season, and why?[/quote]Presumably the "terminally stupid" included Sky Sports News, who sent journos to conduct a live interview only to capture Lambert driving off in his car?  So a little more to it than you suggest, perhaps, given they are reasonably informed and felt it likely enough to send a live crew there.For the record, I don''t think Sir Alex Ferguson will be manager at Norwich City ever.  I also don''t think Lambert will be our manager at the end of the season because I think a bigger struggling club, arguably in the North (west or east, don''t care really) will pay him lots of money, give him a few millions to spend, and enable him to commute from home and spend more time with his family.  I won''t blame him for leaving as he''s done our club proud, but I sense he will outgrow us.Now what''s with the chip on your shoulder?  You make "Shyster" look like a relationship counsellor.

Agree with Mister Chops.

He''ll eventually outgrow us, just as we have outgrown some of the players who have done their bit for us and moved on-this Summer and over the past year or so.

So he will move on-certainly with my thanks and best wishes, though it won''t be a happy day when it eventually comes.

Have always had a hunch he''ll end up at Everton. But think he''ll see this season out, regardless. His job is safe, no matter what happens.

Read the Guardian article (thread around here somewhere) for a clue. Seems PL is not interested in money so probably more about the challenge for him.

He has taken his team through to the Championship and then again to the Premier so why would he want to inherit another man''s team? He still has something to prove with Norwich and he will.

Maybe PL will be the Fergie of NCFC or maybe he will see the ultimate challenge being a top 4 club but more time than this season will tell....

[quote user="I Say Its Ruddy Wizard"]Read the Guardian article (thread around here somewhere) for a clue. Seems PL is not interested in money so probably more about the challenge for him. He has taken his team through to the Championship and then again to the Premier so why would he want to inherit another man''s team? He still has something to prove with Norwich and he will. Maybe PL will be the Fergie of NCFC or maybe he will see the ultimate challenge being a top 4 club but more time than this season will tell....[/quote]

I like that theory, I like it a lot.

"Presumably the "terminally stupid" included Sky Sports News, who sent journos to conduct a live interview only to capture Lambert driving off in his car? So a little more to it than you suggest, perhaps, given they are reasonably informed and felt it likely enough to send a live crew there."

Would that be the same sky sports news that carries so much old tosh on it''s website ? That has carried numerous false stories about City transfers in the past few months ?

You have a rather naive belief in such media, I''m sure you will be telling us next that Father Xmas exists because you have seen him sat in Debenhams.

As to what Ruddy Wizard post then that pretty much states what is understood by those without an axe to grind against the club. If those ''usual suspects'' feel their posts are being treated with the ridicule and mockery they deserve, then so be it.