Sign in to follow this  
25overpar

Neil Adams Replacement?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about who might be replacing Neil Adams on Canary Call and in the Radio Norfolk commentary box?

Would be great if it was Paul McVeigh, he was superb as a summariser last season, to be honest he should be looking for a career higher up the media chain with that amount of intelligence.

There was talk, soon after Neil quit, that either Eadie or McVeigh would be in line for the role.  Hucks & Iwan both ruled themselves out.  I believe Iwan also recommended McVeigh on Twitter. 

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Paul McSmall would be a great choice. As would Dion Dublin or big Iwan Roberts.
[/quote]

Dion is contracted to Sky on matchdays and Iwan is contracted to Radio Wales so it won''t be either of them.

Think we had a thread about this a few weeks ago and my choice was Darren Eadie and still is.

Darren Eadie would be a excellent choice but I always respect Greg Downs comments when he is on Radio Norfolk. God forbid Adrian Coote or Daryl Sutch as they lack the passion Eadie and Downs have for us. Maybe it''s because I never rated them as players!

Looks like McVeigh may have the job, so I''ll need an interupter [:)]

He hints at Radio Norfolk job on twittter

''''Great opportunity to work at the Parma game today for the first time and really looking forward to the rest of the season! #NCFC''''

[quote user="cityangel"]

Looks like McVeigh may have the job, so I''ll need an interupter [:)]

He hints at Radio Norfolk job on twittter

''''Great opportunity to work at the Parma game today for the first time and really looking forward to the rest of the season! #NCFC''''

[/quote]

Does that mean the Parma game is on the radio?

No live commentary, but updates from Carrow Road.Does look like McVeigh has let the cat out of the bag a little early that he''s got the job.Chris Goreham later tweeted "Join us at Carrow Rd from 2 on BBC Radio Norfolk for latest on v Parma. We''ll tell you what we''re doing to replace Neil Adams"

don''t think its going to be Paul http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2411972,00.html

McVeigh''s on a new show on radio Norfolk friday nights. They just played a trail for it, think they said its called Canary preview or something like that.So could he be doing Neils old job after all? Hmm the plot thickens.At least we''ll find out very soon.

So the new neil is going to be the new Neil''s, a mix of ex-canaries. Just announced by Chris Goreham.Matt Jackson is doing the first game at wigan.

I think it will be Ewan as he has just moved back to Norfolk and I can''t see him travelling to Wales every other week to commentate.

He has experience, personality and he''s a legend!