Sign in to follow this  
barclaybabe

letter to all U21s

who received a letter talking about the ticket office wanting to see our proof of age. we aint receiving our season tickets until they see a passport or sumit.

God this is stupid!!!!

im actually getting really annoyed by it!!!!

Haven''t recieved a letter yet, but I do understand the reasoning behind it. It''s not a problem for me as I don''t live too far away from the ground but can understand the frustration if you don''t live in the area.

good job im going to norwich tomorrow with mates. i didnt think i would have to trek down to carrow road tomorrow. ah well it will do me good, but i wont be impressed if it rains

Although I am way over the age of 21 it seems that photographic/biometric proof of age and identity is required for lots of things nowadays. I know it''s a hassle but it seems that it is something you will have to get used to. Those in further education seem to have the easiest and cheapest access to these type of things anyway.

well if thats what they want they can have it. well that means my dad will have a nice trek down the the police station to use the photocopier x

[quote user="barclaybabe"]well if thats what they want they can have it. well that means my dad will have a nice trek down the the police station to use the photocopier x[/quote]

If any proof of identity has to be photocopied, the club should surely be able to do this themselves?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Although I am way over the age of 21 it seems that photographic/biometric proof of age and identity is required for lots of things nowadays. I know it''s a hassle but it seems that it is something you will have to get used to. Those in further education seem to have the easiest and cheapest access to these type of things anyway.[/quote]

Personally I can''t see any problem with this, and to be honest I can''t see why we can''t all be charged the same for our S/T we all see the same match, we all call the ref the same names, so why should we be charged different.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Although I am way over the age of 21 it seems that photographic/biometric proof of age and identity is required for lots of things nowadays. I know it''s a hassle but it seems that it is something you will have to get used to. Those in further education seem to have the easiest and cheapest access to these type of things anyway.[/quote]

Personally I can''t see any problem with this, and to be honest I can''t see why we can''t all be charged the same for our S/T we all see the same match, we all call the ref the same names, so why should we be charged different.  

[/quote]

Well if everything was fair in life everyone would be charged a set percentage of their income for a season ticket.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Well if everything was fair in life everyone would be charged a set percentage of their income for a season ticket.

[/quote]Commie. [;)]

obviously they are directing themselves to the younger market and making prices good enough and affordable for them, i dont mind paying adult but not till im 21

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

This will be my last year paying a concession price, and while I understand the frustrations of ''adults'' paying more than those in a concession age group, I won''t mind next season when I will be paying adult prices whilst  others will be benefiting from concessions, as ultimately the club are benefiting too. As a child, if my ticket cost the same as my Dad or Grandad''s ticket, I doubt I would have been able to go; I''m sure that many families would not have been able to afford to take themselves as well as their children to games, if all of them were being charged the same price. So, if this was the case, and children didn''t get to see Norwich live, the next best thing for them would probably be watching footaball on TV, possibly leading them to follow a club like Manchester United for example. So where do the next generation of fans come from? Luckily for me, as a child, my family could afford to pay for my concession tickets and I got hooked and love this club; therefore I now pay for my under 21 season ticket myself, and as long as I am able to do so, I will continue to renew my ticket as an adult,  and one day when I have children, take them too. The club will therefore be having my money for life, which I believe makes up for the concession I am now recieving.

The only way this could work is if the tickets were a lot cheaper to start with. McNally however, is no fool when it comes to business and money and if it was viable to charge everyone the same price with the club benefiting, he would do so.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Commie. [;)]
[/quote]

Ooooops [:$]

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

And how would younger fans get to watch Norwich then? How would a family of four afford 4 adult season ticket? Actually nah, sod all the youngsters, let them all be manure and chelsea fans so in a few years attendances will start dropping dramatically. You need to see the bigger picture.

I don''t mind this at all. I''ts like when I''m asked for ID when I gor for a drink.

Us youngsters are in too much of a hurry to grow up!

What do you think Lapp?[&]

[quote user="barclaybabe"]obviously they are directing themselves to the younger market and making prices good enough and affordable for them, i dont mind paying adult but not till im 21[/quote]

But you can get your nuts blown off in a war at 18

This is pathetic. It''s really not convenient for some (although luckily not me) who don''t live locally or have access to a photocopier etc. I wouldn''t be too comfortable with sending my passport to the club.

Does it have to be a passport then, or is a driving license acceptable? As I''ve literally just sent my passport away to be renewed.

Not only is it impractical for some, it''s nigh on impossible for others (obstructive ex''s etc etc). And this is a condition which has been introduced now, despite the cash being taken from my account months ago. I just spoke to a jobs-worth at the ticket office who was less than helpful. Can feel a McNally moment coming on.

To be honest, it''s be quite widely known that fans have been ''getting around'' the age concessions for ages. If the club want to start tightening up, it''s no surprise really.

Having said that, they should have really started doing it back in March

[quote user="SPANGLES"]It can be a driving licence though[/quote]

Nice one, thanks SPANGLES!

It does seem a strange time to ask for proof of ID - would have been better done earlier.

Today I received my own ST and a letter asking to prove my sons age before he can have his. He''s just turned 14, and since he went past age of 12 we''ve paid the under 21 rate as there''s no under 16 rate in the Upper Barclay.

I''m surprised the club don''t ask for proof of ID at the initial application.

Guess that''s why they''re playing catch-up now?...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]It does seem a strange time to ask for proof of ID - would have been better done earlier.

Today I received my own ST and a letter asking to prove my sons age before he can have his. He''s just turned 14, and since he went past age of 12 we''ve paid the under 21 rate as there''s no under 16 rate in the Upper Barclay.

I''m surprised the club don''t ask for proof of ID at the initial application.

Guess that''s why they''re playing catch-up now?...[/quote]

I suspect they are. This was discussed at the ticket forum the club held with supporters and it was agreed that something like this would need to be done at some stage.

Afterall why should someone who is over 21 be getting away with paying the reduced price.

It should not be a problem if you are not cheating the sysetm. Yes you will have to go to Carrow Road, but you can do that on the first day of the season.

I have not always agreed with some of the changes made at NCFC recently but I am all for this one!

It sort of makes sense, I got my renewal details last season (10/11) and there was no D.O.B on my form, so we sent it off as normal and I was still Under 16, yet being 16 years old. This season I changed to an Under 21 as I did Movers and Shakers and when I went in they asked me for all my details again, but it''s going to be a mission to go all the way down to CR to get my season ticket in all honest opinion.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One thing about this site is that you will always find someone who can''t recognise a joke when they see one, they have to start a slagging match, So why can''t we all have an under21 season ticket then?

Whoops. Gemma had her 12th birthday in between when we sent the renewal in and the start of the season. Just called up the ticket office to apologise and paid the £25 difference.

The club really do need to update their database...

I am in the unusual situation whereby I should have been an adult at the start of our league one season but due to that price freeze thing I got an u21 rate...

I then did not renew for last season due to moving away and took up a super membership, this was sent as u21... and any tickets since have under 21 printed on them (even though I pay full price I might add) and now when this seasons membership arrived I am still under 21!

I''ve not taken advantage of this for fear of being ID''ed at the gate but makes me think the idea of a database cleanse is a sensible one.

Not an issue certainly for home games as there are no U21 casual tickets. You might get away with the odd cheap away game though.....

Nutty Nigel wrote.....

"I don''t mind this at all. I''ts like when I''m asked for ID when I gor for a drink.

Us youngsters are in too much of a hurry to grow up!

What do you think Lapp?"

I keep getting stopped by the Old Bill when I''m driving because I look too young. And why do they always look in my eyes and ask "got anything on you you shouldn''t have?.......