Sign in to follow this  
barclaybabe

letter to all U21s

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Although I am way over the age of 21 it seems that photographic/biometric proof of age and identity is required for lots of things nowadays. I know it''s a hassle but it seems that it is something you will have to get used to. Those in further education seem to have the easiest and cheapest access to these type of things anyway.[/quote]

Personally I can''t see any problem with this, and to be honest I can''t see why we can''t all be charged the same for our S/T we all see the same match, we all call the ref the same names, so why should we be charged different.  

[/quote]

You expect someone in fulltime education to be charged 300, 400 quid for a season ticket? I wouldn''t be coming if that was the price however if i was in fulltime work then yes i would pay that, which i will be by the time i''m 21 (i hope)

If anyone over 21 has been paying monthly for an under 21 ticket since March, they will obviously have to come clean now. Will the club simply upgrade their ticket and adjust the direct debit, or will they cancel the ticket and offer it to someone on the waiting list as the ticket holder has tried to defraud the club?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t mind this at all. I''ts like when I''m asked for ID when I gor for a drink.

[/quote]

Does this explain why nobody has ever seen you behind the bar at the Bayer Social Club? You are not 18 and old enough to serve.

Come to think of it that explains why Lapp has never bought a round because you have to be 18 to purchase alcohol.

I always wondered if people do pretend to be under 21 when they sign up for a season ticket, as I can never remember showing ID when I first got mine. Lucky for me at my 21st is near the end of August so I qualify for an under 21 ST this season by a matter of days!

I''m annoyed at this too! Having been a ST holder for 10 seasons they should have my DOB on record? I paid in the ticket office for this season''s ST not over the phone or by paper, if they had a problem why didn''t they question me then? If it was my first season as a ST holder then fair enough but 10 years!! Seriously!!??

I''ll send the photocopy in. But not sure I should have to after 10 seasons I''m not going to jump from being 17 to 22 in a year!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t mind this at all. I''ts like when I''m asked for ID when I gor for a drink.

[/quote]

Does this explain why nobody has ever seen you behind the bar at the Bayer Social Club? You are not 18 and old enough to serve.

Come to think of it that explains why Lapp has never bought a round because you have to be 18 to purchase alcohol.

[/quote]

And........

It explains why you are so keen to be seen in our company...

Its gotta be well good 4 ur streetcred to hang out with us kidz innit[H]

I''m 21 paid online my DOB is 02/03/1990, the details i put online was correct, and i got the under 21 ticket prices, I phoned the ticket office to confirm if this was right, they assured me it was. thought no more of it. Looks as if this could be a computer error they''re trying to fix. Hopefully this wont stop me getting my ticket.

I''m pretty sure you should be paying Adult prices for this upcoming season as you are 21 now. However as it looks to be a computer error, you have good reason to argue your side of the story, as it is their fault for not checking earlier. Stick to your guns and let us know what they say!

I dont mind paying, cos i don''t want to miss out this season, As they could quite easily refuse me a ticket and sell it to some one else.

[quote user="G"]Anyone know when this has to be done by?[/quote]

I hear now,before you get the S/T posted out or collected

[quote user="SPANGLES"]If you haven''t got one, you can''t give it them.

A driving licence has your picture, DOB and address.[/quote]I can assure you there''s no picture on my '' pink-un ''.....oh, er missus.( paper driving licence that is... )

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No Nutty.....the reason we''re asked for ID is so they can re-direct us to the Darby & Joan club, innit. They don''t want us oldies cluttering up the place with our half of stout when they can get like youngsters in necking gallons of lager and stuff.

Then there are those those lax places like supermarkets that never ask for ID. I keep telling the girl on the checkout that I''ll give her a big kiss if she asks for ID for my groaning beer trolley but she justs keeps calling security.......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

No Nutty.....the reason we''re asked for ID is so they can re-direct us to the Darby & Joan club, innit.

[/quote]

Or in his case the bingo club[;)]

Just pop along to ticket office at the ground.

All U21 season tickets there,just prove your age and identity.The season ticket handed to you then.

I''m not sure I see the problem. You''re getting a cheaper season ticket for being U21 so why are you complaining that you have to prove you ACTUALLY are U21? If there was no proof involved then anyone could buy a U21 ticket, and then the club would lose revenue. Stop moaning.

It''s only where there are possible concession tickets available. My mate said it''s because people have been trying to get people who are over 21 in as under 21''s to save money and the club will then lose money.

Went to Carrow Rd this morning with photocopies of my 2 boys birth cetificates, proof of age was checked, season tickets handed over. Bit of a queue as only 3 people behind he counter. I took the opportunity to ask if they were going to expand this age verification to the over 60''s who may be claiming OAP discounts, but the member of staff refused to comment.

It''s all a bit silly what with the timing etc. Also working full time means the opening times of the carrow road ticket office make it impossible for me to go in person.Personally, i think the club should have to pay for my envelope, photocop cost, postage stamp and trip to a postbox. I mean, they don''t disclose these additional costs in any documents i receive when i renew, do they?

I turned 21 in January so looks like i''ve avoided this hassle quite nicely.

[quote user="yellowdamien"]I''m not sure I see the problem. You''re getting a cheaper season ticket for being U21 so why are you complaining that you have to prove you ACTUALLY are U21? If there was no proof involved then anyone could buy a U21 ticket, and then the club would lose revenue. Stop moaning.[/quote]

Hear, hear. I''d rather have the concession and show my I.D then not at all. It''s about time the club started doing checks. Surely if you can''t get to the ground or would rather not send details in the post then you would be able to collect your ticket on match day? Either way, I dont think the club are asking too much of us.

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]can u not do anything over the phone or do you have to visit carrow road? [/quote]I''m sorry mate but that must be one of the most stupid questions I have seen asked on here.  [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/laughitupsmilie.gif[/IMG]

The letter came from Danny Casey, Ticket Office Manager.  He reads this, but has not personally received any complaints about the way this is being handled (apart from me, that is!).If you''re not happy with the way this procedure is being handled, or the way that it has being implemented, he''s the guy to talk to because he thinks it''s all going swimmingly.

As the previous poster has stated, the club keep their ear to the ground as to what supporters are saying and follow this messageboard. Over the last year or so, I can remember reading a small number of posts in various threads made by some bragging about paying for U21 STs/tickets when they''re not in that age group. Are you really surprised, then, that the club is clamping down?

Full time students, maybe - under 21''s (18-21) ablsolutely not

It would be more interesting if they asked all Under 21s to name 3 songs off the last Plan B album or name the Norwich squad from the 04/05 season...before they got their ticket!