Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Can you bet on Player of the season?

I''m not a betting man, in fact my last bet was on the 2006 World Cup asides from a trip to the races once for a stag party last year (if I ignore my trips to Vegas, lol). Can you bet on the player of the season? Or am I being stupid? I hate the idea of having a slip in my pocket which says Hoolahan will score first, or Norwich will win 2-1, it could in some strange way make me want the opposition to score when we are 2-0 up or for my celebrations to be subdued when Holt scores a bullet header if I would have won a tonne if Hoolahan had scored it, and that just feels so wrong for me :/ - I don''t understand how City fans can bet on Norwich defeats or draws either, really grates on me. But I''m not anti-gambling, I''m trying to find more positive ways to bet on City so I''m not the only damn bloke at half-time talking about their slips. I''ve identified the following things that I can bet on without it making me feel dirty:
  • Man of the match
  • Top scorer (for Norwich)
  • Player of the season
  • Final league position
I haven''t stepped foot in a bookies since 2006, so really am clueless, do Ladbrokes and William Hill take bets on stuff like this? Anything else that I can bet on which doesn''t involve the outcome or score of a specific match?

I want to bet on Grant Holt winning player of the season yet again, doubt the odds will be great, but I am convinced that he will get off to a slow start before causing defences all sorts of problems once the season gets grittier. I also want to bet on him being top scorer, again the odds aren''t going to be great, can I specify something like Grant Holt to be top scorer with at least 12 goals, and then have a separate bet that Norwich will finish 14th? Or am I being really really thick? Feel free to laugh at me, I really have no idea here!

I''ve just put on a couple of season-long bets, to my wife''s chagrin.

Norwich to be the highest finishing club out of the 3 promoted Championship sides from last year (2 to 1, William Hill). Desperately hoping QPR implode, as they seem to be doing.

Norwich to avoid relegation (5 to 4, Corals).

You can no doubt get better odds online. These ones just took my fancy and provide some season-long interest (assuming we''re not down by Xmas).

They won''t make you feel dirty, either (though playing with your PinkUn too much just might).

[quote user="Lambo Is God"]

I''ve just put on a couple of season-long bets, to my wife''s chagrin.

Norwich to be the highest finishing club out of the 3 promoted Championship sides from last year (2 to 1, William Hill). Desperately hoping QPR implode, as they seem to be doing.

Norwich to avoid relegation (5 to 4, Corals).

You can no doubt get better odds online. These ones just took my fancy and provide some season-long interest (assuming we''re not down by Xmas).

They won''t make you feel dirty, either (though playing with your PinkUn too much just might).

[/quote]

You could get 11/4 for Norwich to be top promoted side at your local Corals, I think that is a great bet personally.  Also how about 40/1 for City to be top after the first round of matches??

In response to the OP, don''t think you could find odds on player of the season, is something too easily affected by a relatively small number of people cannot see any decent sized bookmaker taking the bet.

You can bet on pretty much anything you want to, the Betting exchange Smarkets.com list "How many times will Paul Lambert say: The lads have been terrific" on Match of the Day" tonight which I have had a tenner on 1-2 times :-)I saw this on the Norwich-City.com article: http://norwich-city.com/bet-on-norwich-cityThey have a load of others listed to such as 4-0 city is 200/1 and Blackpool did it last year.  A fiver there will make me a Grand and it has happened before :-)

[quote user="I.S."]Betting exchange Smarkets.com list "How many times will Paul Lambert say: The lads have been terrific" on Match of the Day" tonight which I have had a tenner on 1-2 times :-)[/quote]Get in!