Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Ruddy

[quote user="Buckethead"]Clearly Lamberts losing the plot keeping faith in Ruddy and letting Cody MacDonald our only ''keeper with a perfect nil conceded record leave...[:S]
[/quote]

Lambert''s doing an excellent job but even he will make some mistakes. Time will tell us what they were.  

[quote user="Buckethead"]Clearly Lamberts losing the plot keeping faith in Ruddy and letting Cody MacDonald our only ''keeper with a perfect nil conceded record leave...[:S][/quote]haha I like it... great response mate!!! [Y] [*]

[quote user="Blurboy1980"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Blurboy1980/Ticket_1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Blurboy1980/Ticket_2.jpg[/IMG]Put this up before....my first ever ticket. Still have it.[/quote]

Ebay ??? :)

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Buckethead"]Clearly Lamberts losing the plot keeping faith in Ruddy and letting Cody MacDonald our only ''keeper with a perfect nil conceded record leave...[:S][/quote]

Lambert''s doing an excellent job but even he will make some mistakes. Time will tell us what they were.  

[/quote]Are you sure Paul?  The majority on here seem to suggest that Lambo is the messiah and gets absolutely nothing wrong!Surely he can''t be a fallible human being capable of making the odd mistake here and there can he??? [:S]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Please dont reply to this. I beg you. Lets not have a no brainer dominate our message board.[/quote]And would this no brainer be? Can''t have a discussion? And yes I believe Fleck did score. We were 2-0 nil down at half if I remember

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Buckethead"]Clearly Lamberts losing the plot keeping faith in Ruddy and letting Cody MacDonald our only ''keeper with a perfect nil conceded record leave...[:S]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Are you sure Paul?  The majority on here seem to suggest that Lambo is the messiah and gets absolutely nothing wrong!

Surely he can''t be a fallible human being capable of making the odd mistake here and there can he??? [:S]
[/quote]

I know some won''t believe me but that''s what I do genuinely believe. [:D] 

Ruddy''s shotstopping has never been the issue. There''s some cracking goalkeepers at Powerleague but stick them in an eleven a side game and they haven''t got a clue as soon as a ball is swung into the box! He''s a massive lad and should be clearing the attackers, defenders and the ball out when he comes for it

[quote user="BigGreenStoppingMachine"]Ruddy''s shotstopping has never been the issue. There''s some cracking goalkeepers at Powerleague but stick them in an eleven a side game and they haven''t got a clue as soon as a ball is swung into the box! He''s a massive lad and should be clearing the attackers, defenders and the ball out when he comes for it[/quote]

Do you think all other goalkeepers at this level claim everything they come for?, which they definetely dont, Ruddy''s handling of crosses is actually pretty good imo, most of the errors i''ve seen him make arnt from crossing situations at all.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

Every keeper in the bottom 6 sides last season made errors, it going to happen whoever is in goal for us due to the workload, over the course of a season i dont think he''ll make anymore or any less than anyone else.

[/quote]

Damm Straight!!! Ruddy''s our No1...SUPPORT HIM!!!!

I''m in favour of Ruddy and think he should definitely be our number one this season unless he has a serious dip in form, but he was definitely at fault for the goal tonight - came out for the corner and got nowhere near it. Not bashing him, just giving my opinion on the incident. The double save early on was absolutely top drawer, though. The tip-over from Uche near the end was straightforward.

All I''m going to say is Ruddy didn''t look comfortable but lambert sees him everyday so he can''t be that bad.

The Zaragoza goal was... strange. Ruddy''s position wasn''t terrible, his leap was good and even his attempted punch connected he just completly misdirected the ball, it flew behind him he lost track of the ball and the Zaragoza player just put it in. It was a pretty big cock up from Ruddy in all honesty, but the conditions were terrible however he should have done better.Having said that, Ruddy also made at least four top quality saves. Two from distance in the second half that he parried away very effectively and a fantastic double save early on in the first half.Ruddy''s main problem was indecisiveness, he didn''t know wether to come for the ball or stay on his line. Regardless he needs to commit to whatever decision he makes.

Thanks Gareth, an insightful comment which doesn''t border on a ridiculous opinion and just says it how you see it.

Quite right Ruddy is awful Lambert should go out and get a new keeper.

Just be grateful we don''t have this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zoKzqa284

Davo

Yes Ruddy has made mistakes, but let''s move on from the Championship season and judge him on this season.

I think we should back him as much as we can and hope it succeeds. I personally think he is pretty unlucky and is given a lot of stick by people unfairly at times, purely because the whole Fraser Forster stuff. I genuinely think he makes these mistakes because he knows that he doesn''t have 25''000 people in the stadium fully backing him, and majority being very quick to judge because he isn''t Fraser Forster. I think that''s a thing that''s been playing at the back of his mind and that can cause some mistakes because there is added pressure.

I think overall he is a good keeper, he could be better, but he is still at a age where he can develop and once he gets a few fans on his side I genuinely believe he can be brilliant next year.

I think today is a good example, yes he made a mistake but people are quick to write something which was clearly going to become a negative thread on John Ruddy when they were not at the game. They don''t know the incident itself and how he played in the rest of the game. These threads never seem to end.

I have to say that I ain''t so sure about Ruddy. He definitely got better as the season went on but for some reason he doesn''t fill me with confidence. He has my support as slating your own keeper is never a very good idea! I am very surprised that PL has decided to go with just Ruddy & Rudd this year when there are a few decent keepers moving around - Foster for starters plus the a few golden oldies available on a free.Having said that I am not sure FF is the answer as his kicking is absolutely abysmal and didn''t appear to have improed at Celtic last year - you know that will cost at least 1 goal every season. He also has a habit of getting sent off after pulling down strikers in 1 on 1''s - also sent off for Celtic in this situation last year.

Also, it''s not technically that I doubt him, it''s mentally. I think he is mentally weak and needs to improve on that side of the game. That''s why he can show signs of indecisiveness and his commandment of his area

ruddy Played well always talking to his back line. A fantastic double save I thought was going to be a goal for sure. We have not played one premiership game and the doubters have all ready started.

But I doubt on many occasions we will see a massive downpour like that. It makes the keepers job incredibly tough. Your only option is often to punch which can become risky. I agree with other posters that any mistake he makes is unfairly magnified. Forster had a good season with us but he wasnt infallable. What about the shanked goal kick against Leeds or the spillage against Exeter which both led directly to goals. How about the fact he got sent off early in two games as well like others have said. Ruddy like it or not he was part of a side which won promotion. While he may not necessarily have been one of the star performers, a team must at the very least have a competent keeper to get promotion.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Also, it''s not technically that I doubt him, it''s mentally. I think he is mentally weak and needs to improve on that side of the game. That''s why he can show signs of indecisiveness and his commandment of his area[/quote]

Maybe his "mental weakness" is attributable to some weird sort of thought process that if he gives 100%, then the fans will support him - unfortunately, because his name is not FF, some fans will NEVER forgive him for not being FF and therefore will always knock his ability!!

All of that contributes to a person''s confidence - and if one''s confidence is shaken by people who SUPPOSEDLY support the team, but always slate the one individual - then it''s little wonder that he may be a little low on confidence and hence his perceived indecisiveness - never sure if people are going to have a pop if he makes the wrong choice.

I am sure that every current NCFC player gives 100%, 100% of the time, and the need to constantly find a whipping boy is beyond belief. Look at how PL treats every player - even those who have left - with respect and appreciation - resulting in team confidence. Why is it beyond the wit of some "supporters" to do the same?

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Also, it''s not technically that I doubt him, it''s mentally. I think he is mentally weak and needs to improve on that side of the game. That''s why he can show signs of indecisiveness and his commandment of his area[/quote]

Maybe his "mental weakness" is attributable to some weird sort of thought process that if he gives 100%, then the fans will support him - unfortunately, because his name is not FF, some fans will NEVER forgive him for not being FF and therefore will always knock his ability!!

All of that contributes to a person''s confidence - and if one''s confidence is shaken by people who SUPPOSEDLY support the team, but always slate the one individual - then it''s little wonder that he may be a little low on confidence and hence his perceived indecisiveness - never sure if people are going to have a pop if he makes the wrong choice.

I am sure that every current NCFC player gives 100%, 100% of the time, and the need to constantly find a whipping boy is beyond belief. Look at how PL treats every player - even those who have left - with respect and appreciation - resulting in team confidence. Why is it beyond the wit of some "supporters" to do the same?

[/quote]

I completely agree with what you saying, I said two posts up that I think he seems to have added pressure on him because people are still stuck in Fraser Forster''s backside.

I think Forster has to be one of the best young keepers around, but at the same time, I don''t think Ruddy is far off, I would probably say Ruddy has more potential then Forster.  Forster will probably not get much game time this year, whilst Ruddy probably will, and there is nothing better for development then playing in the Premier League week in week out

I totally agree Blurboy 1980 I think we can''t afford to give away goals like last season against Watford and Forest, he either needs to get better fast or we should sign Fraser Forster or Joe Lewis from Peterborough.

He totally f*cked that corner last night and making saves throughout the game (which he should have made anyway) doesn''t excuse it.

It''s very likely we''re going to find points a lot harder to come by this season and if the boys have battled their way to getting 3 points in a game only for the ''keeper to give away a soft goal it''s going to be very demoralising.

He made some very good saves last season but he gave away some soft goals too and if he doesn''t cut them out they''ll be exploited and become more costly than ever.

I''m actually not against Ruddy but I disagree with excusing him for costly errors just because he''s made saves he''s paid to make.

I thought I''d buck the trend and actually watch the goal before plunging my blade into Ruddy, who still, I understand is refusing to change his name to Fraser Forster, a man who who has developed in City mythology  from the guy who threw away a point at Leeds and was planted on his line as Swindon equalised to some sort of Superhero. So Super, in fact, that many Celtic fans couldn''t believe that Lennon had actually tried to sign him on a permanent.

The goal was a keeper''s nightmare with so many bodies on the near post. You try to get the ball and don''t get there and people criticise you.What''s the alternative? Well, you stay on your line, an attacker wins the flick on and someone at the far post buries the ball in the net. He did the first and he''s pilloried. If he did the second would he have been treated more kindly? Of course not. Corners have to be defended as a unit, and as a unit it was done badly, but its part of the learning process. We  have a really good young keeper in Ruddy, but like every young keeper including Saint Fraser and Declan, he will get it wrong sometimes. Get off his back for heaven''s sake!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I thought I''d buck the trend and actually watch the goal before plunging my blade into Ruddy, who still, I understand is refusing to change his name to Fraser Forster, a man who who has developed in City mythology  from the guy who threw away a point at Leeds and was planted on his line as Swindon equalised to some sort of Superhero. So Super, in fact, that many Celtic fans couldn''t believe that Lennon had actually tried to sign him on a permanent.

The goal was a keeper''s nightmare with so many bodies on the near post. You try to get the ball and don''t get there and people criticise you.What''s the alternative? Well, you stay on your line, an attacker wins the flick on and someone at the far post buries the ball in the net. He did the first and he''s pilloried. If he did the second would he have been treated more kindly? Of course not. Corners have to be defended as a unit, and as a unit it was done badly, but its part of the learning process. We  have a really good young keeper in Ruddy, but like every young keeper including Saint Fraser and Declan, he will get it wrong sometimes. Get off his back for heaven''s sake!

[/quote]

For the attention of Smudger.Read and learn from someone who has played and managed at a reasonable level.[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]If he commits outside his near post and someone gets there first (or he misses the ball entirely), the whole goal is unguarded. I was always taught that if a corner''s coming shy of the near post, it''s the defenders'' responsibility to win the header. If they lose it and someone has a tap-in at the far post, it''s the defenders'' fault for not winning the header. Having to come through a cluster of players to win the ball is always going to reduce the chances of getting there, and there''s also much less chance of having a foul given in the keeper''s favour if he''s rushing forward into other players. I''m not a Ruddy-basher, as I said previously in this thread, but my objective opinion is that he was at fault for the goal.

[quote user="Ncfc26"]No one else thinks that Naughton was at a bigger fault for the goal last night?[/quote]

Ah, so it was Naughton. I mentioned this error on another thread. Definitely slow and should have cleared the ball for a corner IMO instead of allowing an opponent to hook the ball back across goal.

[quote user="Canaryfan 25"]I totally agree Blurboy 1980 I think we can''t afford to give away goals like last season against Watford and Forest, he either needs to get better fast or we should sign Fraser Forster or Joe Lewis from Peterborough.[/quote]

Perhaps you should search for the Leeds V Newcastle friendly last weekend or numerous Peterborough games last season before you start lauding FF and JL?