Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Ruddy

I hope he will be up to it next year. Sounds like one of the only chances tonight he couldn''t handle it. We can''t afford to give other teams 2nd chances

The first update on twitter said he made a superb double save so maybe get all the facts before beating Ruddy with a stick.

I agree with you Blurboy.  I haven''t seen the incident yet, but those protecting Ruddy will maybe accept that they have called it wrong when it starts costing us points.  We are unlikely to bring anybody in over the next month or two as we already have 23 senior players in our squad.  I just hope that Rudd gets his chance because in my opinion his appearances so far have warranted him having a fair crack at being our Number One if we are to go with the keepers that we have got.

Its one thing when he makes great saves then you go there was nothing he could do about it but when it comes to routine plays he cost us a few goals last year and these are far different teams we will be playing against, they will have more chances against us in the premier league and the more chances they have the more chances of soft goals.

[quote user="Smudger"]I agree with you Blurboy.  I haven''t seen the incident yet, but those protecting Ruddy will maybe accept that they have called it wrong when it starts costing us points.  We are unlikely to bring anybody in over the next month or two as we already have 23 senior players in our squad.  I just hope that Rudd gets his chance because in my opinion his appearances so far have warranted him having a fair crack at being our Number One if we are to go with the keepers that we have got.
[/quote]

And as sure as night follows day up pops Smudger on a John Ruddy thread.

PL is happy with Ruddy between the sticks.............Live with it! [:D] RM got enough bashing on here and look what he proved [;)]

Both of my mates at the game tonight texted me to say their goal was down to a Ruddy howler. he will cost us points next season if he is our number 1.

Wet ball, thunderstorm, tough conditions for handling crosses. Give him a break.

9.20   NCFC - Steve: Zaragoza get a shot away through Uche.. Good save from John Ruddy

[quote user="Jacko"]Wet ball, thunderstorm, tough conditions for handling crosses. Give him a break.[/quote]

Let''s hope it doesn''t rain during the coming season.... [:D] 

Come on Herman, you surely know the score: any save is one that any keeper would make, any goal is an error by Ruddy.

Of course, the fact that just about every goal scored in football is down to an error by someone is lost on some people. Keepers make odd mistakes even in the PL, that is an absolute fact.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Come on Herman, you surely know the score: any save is one that any keeper would make, any goal is an error by Ruddy. Of course, the fact that just about every goal scored in football is down to an error by someone is lost on some people. Keepers make odd mistakes even in the PL, that is an absolute fact.[/quote]

I bet Fraser F wouldn''t[;)]

Every keeper in the bottom 6 sides last season made errors, it going to happen whoever is in goal for us due to the workload, over the course of a season i dont think he''ll make anymore or any less than anyone else.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Jacko"]Wet ball, thunderstorm, tough conditions for handling crosses. Give him a break.[/quote]

Let''s hope it doesn''t rain during the coming season.... [:D] 

[/quote]Give him a break... some people will not be happy until he has conceeded 10 howlers in the Premiership.To me the Ruddy scenario is starting to whiff of favouritism.Rudd looks a far better keeper to me.

And by the way I was never bashing the guy at all. I want him to do well but I said I hope he is up to the job. Can''t someone start a discussion without people saying stop bashing the guy when im not. Obviously he is going to give 100% but is it good enough for the premiership?

...as opposed to slating him at any opportunity? Fact is, none of us gassing on here have even seen the goal yet!

One problem is that errors are often down to perception - for instance, Watford at home last season Ruddy was slated for two of the goals when he didn''t have too much chance as they took big deflections.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]And by the way I was never bashing the guy at all. I want him to do well but I said I hope he is up to the job. Can''t someone start a discussion without people saying stop bashing the guy when im not. Obviously he is going to give 100% but is it good enough for the premiership?[/quote]

Time will tell but I''ve got a feeling that Rudd will get some chances, but unfortunately both are unproven. It''s negligent not to have experienced backup IMO.   

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Blurboy sounds like a thinly disguised Blueboy to me...[/quote]Pshhhh been Supporting City from Day 1 in 1980. First game Spurs v Norwich 2-2 1989...Gazza and Lineker. So think not.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Blurboy1980/Ticket_1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Blurboy1980/Ticket_2.jpg[/IMG]Put this up before....my first ever ticket. Still have it.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Blurboy sounds like a thinly disguised Blueboy to me...[/quote]Pshhhh been Supporting City from Day 1 in 1980. First game Spurs v Norwich 2-2 1989...Gazza and Lineker. So think not.[/quote]Did Flecky get one goal or two that day?  I can''t quite remember [:|]

Wow £2.50 bargain!!! [Y]I remember going to see the FA Cup Semi-Final at Villa Park in 89'' for £6.00... they were the days! [:D]