Sign in to follow this  
Wharfside605

Cody McDonald to Crystal Palace tomorrow

In my view Stephan Iversen and Cody could be a good goalscoring combination. What do you Palace guys think ?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Desert Fox"]Danns has moved to Leicester and as their creative heart, I fear for their chances this year. Furthermore, there have been persistent rumours on the QPR boards about Ambrose joining up with Warnock again. Top six looks like a very optimistic call to me.[/quote]

It does in those circumstances, but I would imagine that Freedman will have adequate replacements lined up. He obviously has good scouts as he spotted Cody.

[/quote]

Spotted? FGS, he was one of the leading goalscorers in L2 not some keepy-up kid from deepest Africa.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Desert Fox"]Danns has moved to Leicester and as their creative heart, I fear for their chances this year. Furthermore, there have been persistent rumours on the QPR boards about Ambrose joining up with Warnock again. Top six looks like a very optimistic call to me.[/quote]

It does in those circumstances, but I would imagine that Freedman will have adequate replacements lined up. He obviously has good scouts as he spotted Cody.

[/quote]

Spotted? FGS, he was one of the leading goalscorers in L2 not some keepy-up kid from deepest Africa.

[/quote]

Yes, because even though he scored those goals not many have acknowledged his potential to do a job in the Champs. Freedman obviously has whereas for instance Erikson at Leicester was not considering Cody but considering Adam Le Fondre according to today''s Mail.  Crazy IMO.

I think there has been more debate on here regarding Cody than any other player ever.....(except possibly Car Cort and his apparent frequent visits to Asda...).He has played a handful of games at Championship level in a very poor team with a very poor manager - in those games he looked incredibly raw but he had a lot of spirit, a decent turn of pace and he scored on his debut against Cardiff. The following season (in League 1) he scored in the infamous Col Utd 1-7 game and was then on the edge of things under Lambert for the next few months mainly getting games in the Johnstones Paint. He had one run in the side when Holt was suspended & scored a couple of key goals before picking up an injury. By the time he was fit we had signed Stephen Elliott and Oli Johnson had bagged a couple of key goals and he found himself 5th choice striker. On the basis of this there are some fans on here who seem to believe he his one of the best players ever in an NCFC shirt. The lad had a good year at Gillingham although there are some reports that whilst he scored 25 it should have been 40!!I believe he could do a job in the Champs, I like him as he just has something about him. If we can get £600K or him then we should take it and send him on his way with our best wishes. He may come back to haunt us or he could be another Ryan Jarvis or Danny Crow!!

If he goes to Palace it might be that City will use his value to knock off what''s owed from Vaughan''s transfer.

Aside from the footballing side of the argument that would be good business for Palace. It allows them to get access to a player and so access funds earlier than would be normal.

De[pending on hoiw well Palce do it could be the difference between avoiding relegation or them getting into the top six.

Either way good luck to him, it is us that have moved on since we signed him so it''s time for him to move on. If he can step up to the Championship it does at least mean another player is ''living the dream''.... and the top leagues are not closed shops either.

[quote user="City1st"]If he goes to Palace it might be that City will use his value to knock off what''s owed from Vaughan''s transfer.

Aside from the footballing side of the argument that would be good business for Palace. It allows them to get access to a player and so access funds earlier than would be normal.

De[pending on hoiw well Palce do it could be the difference between avoiding relegation or them getting into the top six.

Either way good luck to him, it is us that have moved on since we signed him so it''s time for him to move on. If he can step up to the Championship it does at least mean another player is ''living the dream''.... and the top leagues are not closed shops either.[/quote]I think Everton might object to that........

[quote user="City1st"]If he goes to Palace it might be that City will use his value to knock off what''s owed from Vaughan''s transfer. Aside from the footballing side of the argument that would be good business for Palace. It allows them to get access to a player and so access funds earlier than would be normal. De[pending on hoiw well Palce do it could be the difference between avoiding relegation or them getting into the top six. Either way good luck to him, it is us that have moved on since we signed him so it''s time for him to move on. If he can step up to the Championship it does at least mean another player is ''living the dream''.... and the top leagues are not closed shops either.[/quote]

LOL...

well that''s that theory out of the window

humblest apologies all round

[quote user="City1st"]well that''s that theory out of the window humblest apologies all round[/quote]

No need to apologise, I was waiting for City1st to come round and give you some grief for it...

...oh. [;)]

Freedman has apparently denied today that he''s interested in Cody.

He also denied we were in for Glenn Murray though, so... we''ll wait and see.

[quote user="Wharfside605"][quote user="Desert Fox"]Rumours initiated by brand new posters typically tend to resemble something that begins with ''b'' and ends in ''it'', particulary those that involve " I have a friend who....".[/quote]Ha ha everybody is a new poster to start with. Give it a couple of days to see if it happens before you shoot it down.[/quote]Ok - I have given it a couple of days and my initial judgement doesnt look wrong. What''s the latest then Wharfside?

[quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="Wharfside605"][quote user="Desert Fox"]Rumours initiated by brand new posters typically tend to resemble something that begins with ''b'' and ends in ''it'', particulary those that involve " I have a friend who....".[/quote]Ha ha everybody is a new poster to start with. Give it a couple of days to see if it happens before you shoot it down.[/quote]Ok - I have given it a couple of days and my initial judgement doesnt look wrong. What''s the latest then Wharfside?[/quote]Ha ha I was waiting for this. One of two things apparently. Palace initially wanted him on loan until they can raise the cash but there wasn''t an agreement on what compensation we would have got if he got injured while there on loan. But as well as that somebody else ''bigger'' has come in.

[quote user="Wharfside605"][quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="Wharfside605"][quote user="Desert Fox"]Rumours initiated by brand new posters typically tend to resemble something that begins with ''b'' and ends in ''it'', particulary those that involve " I have a friend who....".[/quote]

Ha ha everybody is a new poster to start with. Give it a couple of days to see if it happens before you shoot it down.
[/quote]

Ok - I have given it a couple of days and my initial judgement doesnt look wrong. What''s the latest then Wharfside?
[/quote]

Ha ha I was waiting for this. One of two things apparently. Palace initially wanted him on loan until they can raise the cash but there wasn''t an agreement on what compensation we would have got if he got injured while there on loan. But as well as that somebody else ''bigger'' has come in.
[/quote]

Frankie Dettori is probably bigger than Cody - could you narrow it down a bit?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="Wharfside605"][quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="Wharfside605"][quote user="Desert Fox"]Rumours initiated by brand new posters typically tend to resemble something that begins with ''b'' and ends in ''it'', particulary those that involve " I have a friend who....".[/quote]Ha ha everybody is a new poster to start with. Give it a couple of days to see if it happens before you shoot it down.[/quote]Ok - I have given it a couple of days and my initial judgement doesnt look wrong. What''s the latest then Wharfside?[/quote]Ha ha I was waiting for this. One of two things apparently. Palace initially wanted him on loan until they can raise the cash but there wasn''t an agreement on what compensation we would have got if he got injured while there on loan. But as well as that somebody else ''bigger'' has come in.[/quote]

Frankie Dettori is probably bigger than Cody - could you narrow it down a bit?

[/quote]Ha ha there probably isn''t much in it. I will ask and see if I can find out. Either way the Cody saga looks like it will be over soon

The Cody saga will be over soon as there are only three weeks left until deadline day. However, I accept, that your explantion of the delay is plausible.

Your originatinting post implied that you had connections at the Palace end of things, but as you are now saying that soemone bigger has come in, have you got this information from Palace too or from our end of things?

Someone bigger... Im going to throw it out there that its LeedsThe reasons: They currently have a striker crisis and bechio and Somma are both out for considerable amount of time. Somma spent the season before last on loan at Lincoln in league 2 so the idea of getting a scoring league 2 striker isnt going to be a big issue and finally in the grand scheme of strikers 600,000 is fairly cheap, I recon even stingey Bates will stretch to that ammount given the ammount of moaning from the Leeds fans to do with lack of transfer activity. You heard it hear first!

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

The Cody saga will be over soon as there are only three weeks left until deadline day. However, I accept, that your explantion of the delay is plausible.

Your originatinting post implied that you had connections at the Palace end of things, but as you are now saying that soemone bigger has come in, have you got this information from Palace too or from our end of things?

[/quote]Yeah it all makes sense so I had no reason to not believe my friend. I''m afraid I don''t have another source apart from my friend who has ties with Palace. He might have heard from Freedman through the grapevine who the other ''bigger'' club is though as I''m sure word gets about.I''ve just e mailed my friend to see if he can find out

Wharfiside,

Thanks for the update. Given that we have decided to sell, we need the biggest price and this is most likley to be achieved through an auction as clubs panic as the deadline approaches. Of the bigger clubs that have soem cash to spend, I guess that Cody is more likely to want to stay in teh South East, so both West Ham and the binners may be attractive to him - although I am not saying they are interested. All I am saying is that he doesnt necessarily have to sign for whoever gives us the best price and that his persoanl wishes will play a big part.

If you can put in a word with your mate to tell Dougie to push the boat out to get him, I''d be really grateful ;)

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Wharfiside,

Thanks for the update. Given that we have decided to sell, we need the biggest price and this is most likley to be achieved through an auction as clubs panic as the deadline approaches. Of the bigger clubs that have soem cash to spend, I guess that Cody is more likely to want to stay in teh South East, so both West Ham and the binners may be attractive to him - although I am not saying they are interested. All I am saying is that he doesnt necessarily have to sign for whoever gives us the best price and that his persoanl wishes will play a big part.

[/quote]Sorry for the delay Desert Fox. Met for beers with my mate last night. The club in question was apparently Coventry (Not sure they are bigger than Palace personally but never mind). Regardless to what Freedman said in the press, he was very much interested in McDonald. He also mentioned that Freedman told him it was ''well known'' in the football league that Norwich are asking for a lot of cash and a whacking great big sell on fee that clubs just aren''t prepared to agree with. But apparently it is the board that are after this money not Paul Lambert himself.I feel sorry for the lad myself. I can understand why we are holding out for a big sell on fee, but asking for 550K is stupid given the length or his contract. We don''t want the boy and from the info I have got over the last week or so, it is us that are holding things up.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i don''t know why we don''t just loan him out to a lower end championship/high end league 1 side to show people how good he is then it will push his price tag up[/quote]

he only has like 11 months left on his contract so if we done that he would leave for free at the end of the season

[quote user="JWarman"][quote user="mrs miggins"]i don''t know why we don''t just loan him out to a lower end championship/high end league 1 side to show people how good he is then it will push his price tag up[/quote]

he only has like 11 months left on his contract so if we done that he would leave for free at the end of the season[/quote]

I think that point was adequately covered by ''Chicken'' two posts later. ;-)

I don''t think it''s Leeds.

Sky has Santa Cruz linked with them at the moment as it looks like Man City may be prepared to let him go on the cheap and he is happy to drop down a level to get his career going again.

No disrespect to Cody, but he is not as good.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I watched the Man City game on Monday night and thought Aguero had a bit of the Cody Macdonald about him, or was it just me?

[/quote]

Don''t be silly Mr.C i think Paul Moy will agree with you.[:P]