Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

A new quote from Pacheco

Man i know i''m gonna get slated for this if it doesn''t happen. But......One of the Spanish guys who i work with, a Barca fan who, up until i showed him a photo of DP with us at the riverside after the end of the season game, had never heard of him, which surprised me.

Anyway according to him, he had met his Farther at an airport, (not sure which one), while he was waiting for his flight to join the vessel we work on. Anyway, apparently his Farther wasn''t happy with the way he had been treated by Liverpool, and didn''t get the game time he was assured of when he joined. He went on to say, that he was hoping that his son would complete ''the'' deal with Norwich. Also said that the club treated them very well when they came over for the last game of the season.

Like i say, this maybe total squit, but would seem very odd for someone to make such an elaborate story up, considering he didn''t even know who he was until i showed his goal on youtube! I''ll get me flack jacket now.

Well the first thing I''m going to ask is, if he had never heard of him until you showed him who he was, how on earth can he have suddenly known his Dad!?

He doesn''t know him, apparently he was with a group of young players, and parents. Got talking to a couple of the players, one who used to play for his home town club and apparently a conversation was struck with a couple of the fathers, thats all i know.

This all happened about 3 weeks ago, and to be honest i took it with a pinch of salt, as there were lots of rumors about him joining at the time. Also thought he''d been primed by a Leeds fan we work with to wind me up, but apparently he had told somebody else before me. Like i said, could just be wishful thinking on his Dads part, and I don''t think this guys telling porkies.

Deliberately havent put this guys name on here who told me, as what little credibility this rumor has would go up in flames!!

[quote user="Congo Canary"]Man i know i''m gonna get slated for this if it doesn''t happen. But......One of the Spanish guys who i work with, a Barca fan who, up until i showed him a photo of DP with us at the riverside after the end of the season game, had never heard of him, which surprised me. Anyway according to him, he had met his Farther at an airport, (not sure which one), while he was waiting for his flight to join the vessel we work on. Anyway, apparently his Farther wasn''t happy with the way he had been treated by Liverpool, and didn''t get the game time he was assured of when he joined. He went on to say, that he was hoping that his son would complete ''the'' deal with Norwich. Also said that the club treated them very well when they came over for the last game of the season. Like i say, this maybe total squit, but would seem very odd for someone to make such an elaborate story up, considering he didn''t even know who he was until i showed his goal on youtube! I''ll get me flack jacket now.[/quote]

Blimey, - how many fathers does Dani boy have? :-)

Sounds to me like he''s definitely going somewhere..probably signing for a Spanish club. Think he''d be a brilliant signing so I''m wrong and we sign him.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Sounds to me like he''s definitely going somewhere..probably signing for a Spanish club. Think he''d be a brilliant signing so I''m wrong and we sign him.[/quote]so I hope*

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Sounds to me like he''s definitely going somewhere..probably signing for a Spanish club. Think he''d be a brilliant signing so I''m wrong and we sign him.
[/quote]

Would love us to sign him too, how much is he likely to cost?

As mentioned many times and on the other posts throughout the last few months, he would be the best summer signing.

He has premiership qualities and would, for a humble gent, be pulling the strings on a team that is enjoying playing.

I believe if he follows the levels he has and continually improves we could see a great investment but also our chances of staying up this season would increase.

He is that good. Be interesting what value he is, don''t know how much he moved for but around 3million. There is no way we would get him for 1.5 unless we put on a good sell on clause, and I would rather we didn''t.

For me an exceptional player and now until this is concluded I will be hoping that his move is to NCFC

The elephant in the room is, if we sign Pacheco who is dropped? Hoolahan?Pacheco enjoyed some good cameo appearances last year but I wouldn''t say he is better than Hoolahan and if he comes here surely a place on the bench beckons for him. In a couple of years he might be a great player, but then again he might not...

Would love Pacheco back here, pure and simple.

He''s the sort of spark you need in a side and in this league, of all leagues-makes things happen, does the unexpected, plays the pass no-one else can see, makes the difference.

Both he and Wes would thrive on each other''s company and the competition they would have with each other-they''d raise each others game.

And Dani loves Norwich-pure and simple. You can''t buy that in a player, its what kept Hucks here when, if he hadn''t have decided Norwich were "his club", he''d have been off to Liverpool or Celtic, both of whom wanted him when he was at his peak with us.

Yes, Dani would be an investment, but what a place for him to really get his career in the game going-good for him, good for us. It really looks a no brainer-especially now we''ve signed his mate in Ayala.

If it was going to happen though, suspect it would have done by now. But live in hope!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

If it was going to happen though, suspect it would have done by now.

[/quote]

I would have thought so too.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

If it was going to happen though, suspect it would have done by now.

[/quote]

I would have thought so too.

[/quote]

Disagree with that, he has been out of the country all summer playing in U21''s and U20''s World cup with Spain. They would surely wait till after the tournament to sort any sort of deal out.

Ok there is no doubt the boy has talent, but looking at the handful of games he played for us last year, he had 2 good games against piss poor opposition (Scunthorpe and Ipshit).

The other games, like Swansea, Watford and Derby, he was very ordinary. Jesus I could have played well agaist Scunthorpe.

I personally dont think we need him or Lansbury as we have enough quality midfielders as it is.

Nothing wrong with his performance against Derby.

Most players were poor against Swansea but he created some of our best chances early on.

He scored one of the best goals of last season against Coventry

Cambridge agree, with the cov comment. He was inspired movement and combination play with lansbury was exceptional and has rarely graced carrow road with such youthful players.

His finish against cov, if that had been in a liverpool shirt they would have loved the composure and the assure footwork, balance.

I think we have a good crop of midfielders, I think Lansbury and PAcheco are better. I also feel if hoolahan does get injured then bennett is cover or martin in that position. Now although I rate both, Pacheco or Lansbury would be exceptional in that position. In fact I think Hoolahan would find it hard to keep Pacheco behind him in the pecking order.

But one thing I have noted previously I believe both have bought into what Lambert preaches at carrow road. They both, certainly Pacheco, have bought into the ethos.

Pacheco and Lansbury are two players you could build your team around for the future, ayala at the back and the two wide boys pilks and EB.

But who knows

[quote user="Paul"]Ok there is no doubt the boy has talent, but looking at the handful of games he played for us last year, he had 2 good games against piss poor opposition (Scunthorpe and Ipshit). The other games, like Swansea, Watford and Derby, he was very ordinary. Jesus I could have played well agaist Scunthorpe. I personally dont think we need him or Lansbury as we have enough quality midfielders as it is.[/quote]

A good midfield but nobody that looks a constant threat and asif they are going to create something.

Disagree with that G. Hoolahan will be, also Bennet will be as well, Fox will always deliver with pin point crosses as well.

We will not sign Pacheco or Lansbury.

Birchfest, why don''t you think we can afford him. Would have thought he would fit into our pay structures easily. I think he would be a fantastic addition however unconfirmed stories suggest that a possible loan move to Rayo Vallcano is in the works.

The ability to create space is an exceptional skill for any footballer - and Pacheco has it in spade fulls. Pacheco replacing Hoolahan after 60 minutes (or vice-versa) would re-energise our creative spark in most games; he could be the difference between hanging around the bottom and a mid-table finish for Norwich in my opinion. 

Dani Ayala and Dani Pacheco are similar ages and know each other really well; I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see them playing together at Norwich.

Some might say we have Chris Martin; they may be right, he can do a job - but Pacheco has a quicker mind and feet.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]He''s off to Rayo Vallecano on loan according to Sky.[/quote]

That would be a poor move for him, a two-bit Spanish side, he would be better off going to a top championship club. Can only think that Liverpool are putting him in the shop window for a move back to Spain.

well if he is off there then that is how it is.

But I completely concur with norfolk mustard, on the brink of mid table if we acquire Pacheco or survival without.

Redknapp mentioned that the prem. will always be the same with money that is what dictates with football. The same few competing for the top positions unless investment comes in.

Yes the ethos of the team is important as we have seen with many big flops. But by being able to spend does enhance your survival.

But also looking at those that can give you the best chance to stay up and improve and base the team around are very important. Certainly if they are humble.

As much EB and Pilky come here and I am excited. I would be genuinely excited by Pacheco and Lansbury and although we would never know the whole story. I would feel if we had these two players that could take us on a very different path than our current team. So it would be a shame if we were interested but could not find the funds for these two exceptional players.

Our team that won promotion under worthy was an adequate team, he probably got them to play 5% better than they were, we had no injuries to our two centre halves malky and flem. SO we were lucky.

Worthy even admitted after losing to northampton in the cup he thought his job would go, brought in crouch, harper and huckerby on loan.

And I will happily still say it Huckerby was the reason we won the league that year. I do think if he hadn''t of joined the play offs is were we would have been.

Hence a player can make a difference, Portsmouth before they went up a few years ago just missed relegation to league 2, they bought berger, merson and those players turned a possible relegated team to championship winners.

Players and managers can individually change the route for a club. Although I am happy with our signings, our path with Pacheco and Lansbury, in my opinion, would take us on a path were I believe staying up is more likely and we could build a great team around them.

But again my opinion.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]He''s off to Rayo Vallecano on loan according to Sky.[/quote]

Very unlikely. Vallecano are in administration and have just let 4 players and the coach go because they wouldn''t take pay cuts. This isn''t a club that can go out and spend money on bringing in players (unless something drastic has happened since I last heard).

Seems a strange club to link with though if it is just pure speculation. We would surely be the favourites for a fabricated story?