Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

A new quote from Pacheco

“Some day I would like to return home. At the moment it hasn’t

happened. If it happens, it happens.” “I have become very fond of

Norwich and their fans. It’s another option for the future and I’ll have

to assess it.”http://kopthat.co.uk/2011/07/daniel-pacheco-ready-to-call-time-on-liverpool-dream/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=daniel-pacheco-ready-to-call-time-on-liverpool-dream

No room at the inn at present.

Grant Holt

Steve Morison

James Vaughan

Chris Martin

Simeon Jackson

Aaron Wilbrahim

All scoring as well.

[quote user="Bovril"]No room at the inn at present.

Grant Holt

Steve Morison

James Vaughan

Chris Martin

Simeon Jackson

Aaron Wilbrahim

All scoring as well.[/quote]Why does everyone think he is a striker! His best position is Attacking Midfield, and he would be awesome competition for Wes at the tip of the diamond! It is amazing that he wants to come to a club like us, we really have to do everything we can to try and make it happen - the lad is gonna be a star in a few years!

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Bovril"]No room at the inn at present.

Grant Holt

Steve Morison

James Vaughan

Chris Martin

Simeon Jackson

Aaron Wilbrahim

All scoring as well.[/quote]Why does everyone think he is a striker! His best position is Attacking Midfield, and he would be awesome competition for Wes at the tip of the diamond! It is amazing that he wants to come to a club like us, we really have to do everything we can to try and make it happen - the lad is gonna be a star in a few years![/quote]If we were to pull this off it would be a huge coup for the club, not because of the player he is but the player he has the potential to become.... cant see us being able to afford him though.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Bovril"]No room at the inn at present.

Grant Holt

Steve Morison

James Vaughan

Chris Martin

Simeon Jackson

Aaron Wilbrahim

All scoring as well.[/quote]Why does everyone think he is a striker! His best position is Attacking Midfield, and he would be awesome competition for Wes at the tip of the diamond! It is amazing that he wants to come to a club like us, we really have to do everything we can to try and make it happen - the lad is gonna be a star in a few years![/quote]If we were to pull this off it would be a huge coup for the club, not because of the player he is but the player he has the potential to become.... cant see us being able to afford him though.[/quote]If that quote is correct, and Pacheco would be interested in a move back (he acts like it on his Twitter!) and Liverpool aren''t giving him opportunities there is only so much they can hold out for. He is 20 now, and in 3 years at the club he has barely played a senior game - at that age (20) if they rated him so highly he would be starting or at least on the bench most games.

I believe Lambert is a manager who brought in two class players last season lansbury and pacheco that probably are stand out players and potential big fish in a small pond here at carrow road. As mentioned we don''t have an out and out star player. Holt is the passion, excellent striker that is almost that player but he does not have that mentality.

The biggest thing for me with Pacheco is he has bought into the club, that is the biggest thing for me with a player. If he has bought into Lamberts ethos and our club then he is already won over. It is just a case that I don''t think Lambert wants a player that could be that big fish.

I do think Pacheco even at his slight age can teach so much to many of our more senior players even on balance, touch, movement and most importantly execution of your skills.

I would love to see him here, I can''t see it right now. January maybe.

I believe that Lambert has bought some very good players whose value will go up, Pacheco for certain would see his value go up and he would be fine with the step up to premiership football. It is just whether Liverpool are looking to progress his career there, from what you can see so far, no. Don''t think they are playing his style of play.

An excellent player to have in your squad and certainly the way we play and traditionally play.

Interesting still if we did put the 1.5 million pound bid for Lansbury as that has gone quiet. Guessing that was sounding out Arsenal and we got the informatino which we have decided to pursue. For now I hasten to add.

I can see in our starting line up if Pilkington and Bennet starting that it would mena Pacheco would be on the bench but I can certainly see him playing in one or two of our formations and certainly competition for Wes, both can play similar roles but I believe both are quite different too.

Lets see, I think it may be a maybe, but when a player loves the area and ethos you have won him over. Hence Huckerby.

"It’s another option for the future and I’ll have to assess it"

Sounds like there is a offer on the table, if so we must have agreed a fee with Liverpool.

The lad is stagnating and needs games. He has potential but unless he gets regulargames that is all it will ever be.I think his days at Liverpool are virtually over apart from anything else the management there will not want someone moaning. We have our 2 loan players so it would either be a proper signing or nothing. I would love to see him here and he could become at start but at the moment it will be a fight for a lot of the newer players to get a game. It is good to have competition and cover though and if Hoolahan were to be injured Pacheco could fill the spot easily

Potentially a top level player and if the opportunity is there to bring him back here then it has to be taken up. Other than perhaps Hoolahan, nobody in the squad has his technical ability and the vision to spot and then execute a pass or run.

There is no way Pacheco can play as an attacking midfielder unless it is, as part of a 5 man midfield. He is a 2nd striker rather than an attacking midfield player.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Potentially a top level player and if the opportunity is there to bring him back here then it has to be taken up. Other than perhaps Hoolahan, nobody in the squad has his technical ability and the vision to spot and then execute a pass or run. There is no way Pacheco can play as an attacking midfielder unless it is, as part of a 5 man midfield. He is a 2nd striker rather than an attacking midfield player.[/quote]

I don''t agree at all. Pacheco has the skills to be an attacking midfielder just as I believe that Chris Martin has. The more flexible a player is the better it is for the squad, and of course his chances of getting selected for the first 11.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Sounds like there is a offer on the table, if so we must have agreed a fee with Liverpool.

[/quote]I don''t see how you reach that conclusion from his quote. Surely he just means that if he does leave Liverpool some time in the future then we are one club he might be prepared to join.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

I don''t see how you reach that conclusion from his quote. Surely he just means that if he does leave Liverpool some time in the future then we are one club he might be prepared to join.
[/quote]

Because we have to want him, he cant just join any team he wants. So if it is only an ''option'' if we have made a bid.

Its strange that he as directly quoted our name.

I read it that we are one of his favourite options if he decides to move and that he is currently thinking over his future , so it looks as if we have told him that we are interested without yet having made an offer.  

Think people are reading too far into this. He enjoyed his tme here and I''m sure would be happy to return to play again. No where does it say we are interested, nor he is hoping for a return here.

Were only allowed 2 loanees from Prem clubs aren''t we?

[quote user="Ncfc26"]

Who said anything about a loan?

[/quote]

Indeed.. I think we will make an offer to buy him if he says he wants to come here.   

I would love to see him here permanently, but I think if Lambert wanted him back he would have got the deal sealed or scrapped by now.

[quote user="Largey"]I would love to see him here permanently, but I think if Lambert wanted him back he would have got the deal sealed or scrapped by now.[/quote]

As the article stated he is thinking over his future while at the under 20s tournament. It would thus have been premature for Lambert to jump the gun as Danny needs to be allowed time to make his own decision. If he has a good tournament, Dalgish may well decide to promise him more involvement which could persuade him to stay. Lambert just has to be patient and I believe we will get him.

I reckon we''re going to be priced out of it again... I think he would be a great signing and PL would''ve assessed the possibilities by now. So if he''s serious about him, I think we can expect an offer in the next few days...

Football can be a brutal sport at times - as a player you need to create yourself career opportunities and ensure they are taken. I think Dani Pacheco is already well aware of that. Having enjoyed a particularly successful time at Norwich it''s likely he''d be emotionally comfortable to return given the chance.

Yes, other clubs may have the £, but he already knows he''s well received here.

Personally, I think he could be an awesome addition to any Premiership squad. In terms of his ability to turn individual technical football skill into league points for our team (and surely that''s the true acid-test?) I''d say he''s worth significant investment.

[quote user="Largey"]Think people are reading too far into this. He enjoyed his tme here and I''m sure would be happy to return to play again. No where does it say we are interested, nor he is hoping for a return here. Were only allowed 2 loanees from Prem clubs aren''t we?[/quote]

We''re only allowed 2 loan players from ''another club'' at any one time and 4 during the season in total (if the previous loanees return to their parent clubs or become permanent signings)

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Potentially a top level player and if the opportunity is there to bring him back here then it has to be taken up. Other than perhaps Hoolahan, nobody in the squad has his technical ability and the vision to spot and then execute a pass or run. There is no way Pacheco can play as an attacking midfielder unless it is, as part of a 5 man midfield. He is a 2nd striker rather than an attacking midfield player.[/quote]

I don''t agree at all. Pacheco has the skills to be an attacking midfielder just as I believe that Chris Martin has. The more flexible a player is the better it is for the squad, and of course his chances of getting selected for the first 11.

[/quote].... totally agree, his skill is so high he needs to play as a creator in the hoolahoop style, but will be a much better player eventually without denegrating wes. in fact i can see him being a lynch pin in the spanish national side in a few years so if he is ours at that time weyhey.

I really do hate to speculate but I wonder if Dani''s latest tweet has anything to do with us. Probably not but I would love him back here -

"Im at home (málaga) waiting news on my future, and everything should be done THIS week, and will know it very soon. So unlucky at world cup!"