Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Hadrian's Wall Walk for Cancer Research UK

Hi all!

I was hoping you could all take a look at my page to raise money for Cancer Research.  I''ll be starting this walk 3 weeks today and have been racking up the miles around Norfolk in preparation.  I appreciate that many of you do not know me personally, but anyone willing to donate even the smallest sum would win a place in this Monkey''s affections forever (and its a bloody good cause).

So please, take a look...

Thanks,

Evil Monkey

http://www.justgiving.com/Jason-Haden

From the Solway estuary to the Tyne, Hadrian''s Wall National Trail runs for 84 miles (135km) across Northern England.

Built during the Roman occupation of Britain, the Wall remains an important historical landmark and a popular destination for long-distance walkers.

From the 22nd-27th August, I shall be making this journey in order to raise money for Cancer Research UK.

Most people have been affected by Cancer in one way or another, so we all know how important its research is - please give generously!

Also, if this could be stickied, that would also be much appreciated... [:)]

Anyone who follows me on Twitter will probably already be bored to death of me banging on about this, so apologies in advance...

Many thanks to you both, you''re gents! Its a struggle to get people to actually go online and make the donation sometimes, thank God for the interweb [:)]

Must admit I don''t know much about the BBQ, when and where is it, etc?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Many thanks to you both, you''re gents! Its a struggle to get people to actually go online and make the donation sometimes, thank God for the interweb [:)]

Must admit I don''t know much about the BBQ, when and where is it, etc?[/quote]I feel another Bump! coming up - I''m gonna have to hide from SDP on Friday...

Cough bump coughHas this been unstickied as punishment for not turning up to the BBQ last night? I''m sowwy... *hangs head in shame*

For those who are interested, my friend James and I finished the trail on Saturday at 13.25, after 6 days, 84 miles and 45 hours of walking.

The weather was mostly kind, as were my feet, which remained blister free for the duration.  We took in magnificent views, immersed ourselves in British history, met some great and equally mad people, and consumed some excellent food and beer along the way.  It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience (until next time).

If you’re interested, my photos of the trip can be viewed here (WARNING: Contains scenes of fatigued men in shorts drinking beer, sombreros, finger puppetry and many, many photos of an old brick wall).

Many thanks to those who sponsored me, your donations have been very much appreciated and certainly kept me going!

Cheers,

Jason