[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

As soon as I read that about Vaughan I knew that someone would start a moaning thread about it. I even had the OP on my shortlist.

[/quote]

OP perfectly reasonable IMO. Why do you have to call anybody who dares to make a constructive point that is even slightly "Lambert off message" a moaner ?

[quote user="Bogbrush177"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

As soon as I read that about Vaughan I knew that someone would start a moaning thread about it. I even had the OP on my shortlist.

[/quote] OP perfectly reasonable IMO. Why do you have to call anybody who dares to make a constructive point that is even slightly "Lambert off message" a moaner ?[/quote]

Because he is a serial moaner.

Are you called bogbrush because you are always found in men''s toilets?

Hey injuries now or just at the start of the season? I know what I would rather. It does give an opportunity to work out if we do need additional signings but it also means when ward and vaughan return it is like new players coming in, they will be ready and probably have had a reserve game or two to pick up sharpness.

Yes Vaughan has had injuries but I do think he will be a good signing and as mentioned this seems like a sensible move, lets get him and wardy right. These aren''t severe injuries, but lets get them right.

Do I think Jackson would start of vaughan, possibly but only because of his exploits in the last few games. I am still not sure on Jackson, any player that takes 1/2 a season to get some confidence is hard to take. Also it has happened once and that doesn''t mean it is unlikely to happen again. But that is being very critical. I would have rathered seem vaughan start but now jackson and morrison can push for starting roles and make it there own.

So you have to look at the silver lining, so two players are out and they will come back at some point at the start of the season. Other players will now really push for that starting place knowing there is a little less competition for the first game. It also allows Lambert to assess if we need to add.

I still think wes could play upfront and we know bennett has played behind the front two, so we do have options, but I do hope that Vaughan can get a solid recupperation with a few reserve games. I think he will be an excellent signing for us and looking forward to seeing him on the carrow road turf.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Ward and Vaughan out of the start of the season.................balls![/quote]More concerned that Wardy will be missing for the first game or two of the season than Vaughan, as I believe that we have enough upfront (with Holty, Jacko, Morison and Chris Martin to choose from) to trouble the likes of Wigan and Stoke without Vaughan, but I think that Wardy will be a massive loss at the back.I am already concerned over us appearing to go in to the start of the season with Ruddy as our Number 1 and for me I would''ve we rather lost any other defender for a few games than Ward at this early stage of the season.  Like I have said many times before - for me Wardy is the organiser and leader of our back four and with the prospect of a couple of young lads in De Laet and Naughton maybe being added to what we have over the opening weeks then things could certainly be interesting for us in defence.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Twitchy"]Ward and Vaughan out of the start of the season.................balls!
[/quote]

More concerned that Wardy will be missing for the first game or two of the season than Vaughan, as I believe that we have enough upfront (with Holty, Jacko, Morison and Chris Martin to choose from) to trouble the likes of Wigan and Stoke without Vaughan, but I think that Wardy will be a massive loss at the back.

I am already concerned over us appearing to go in to the start of the season with Ruddy as our Number 1 and for me I would''ve we rather lost any other defender for a few games than Ward at this early stage of the season.  Like I have said many times before - for me Wardy is the organiser and leader of our back four and with the prospect of a couple of young lads in De Laet and Naughton maybe being added to what we have over the opening weeks then things could certainly be interesting for us in defence.
[/quote]

The thread is titled "Vaughans knee" and so it is not unreasonable as the news on Ward broke at the same time for him to be discussed but along comes Smudger with his well documented anti Ruddy stance.All that is missing is his "I told you so about Simeone Jackson" quotes.No mention though of his discarded love child Anthony McNamee or his bewilderment that Simon Lappin will be given a shirt  in the 25 man squad.[;)]

Smudger mate John Ruddy is our No1 so get over it please and my advice is button it as far as the verbals go with ranting about Ruddy at games else i can see you falling out with fellow fans(again).[:#]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Is swollen after a few pre season games, that''s not great is it?! I can''t see vaughan playing more then 20 games this season, an absolute huge gamble by lambert.[/quote]lincoln canary step up, you were right. Which is good, because I backed you on this thread, which makes me right too.Now if only you could change your mind about Morison and admit that you got the wrong person when you accused me of slating Hoolahan when I never have done, we could even be....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJRS-9A7a3Mfootball frieeeendssss.

[quote user=""]

I really don''t mean this as an ''attack'' of any sort, more an observation...

But in the 3 years you''ve been on this board Lincoln, i genuinely can''t remember a single positive post that you''ve made. It really is just all doom and gloom.

Lighten up, chap. It''s just a swollen knee, and we have over 2 weeks ''til the season starts yet.

[/quote]This is completely true, but he called this one right!

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user=""]

But in the 3 years you''ve been on this board Lincoln, i genuinely can''t remember a single positive post that you''ve made. It really is just all doom and gloom.

Lighten up, chap. It''s just a swollen knee, and we have over 2 weeks ''til the season starts yet.

[/quote]This is completely true, but he called this one right![/quote]Forget that, Lincoln Canary is now arguing with himself and saying that Vaughan proved his fitness before we signed him. Sigh.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user=""]

[/quote]

This is completely true, but he called this one right!
[/quote]

Forget that, Lincoln Canary is now arguing with himself and saying that Vaughan proved his fitness before we signed him. Sigh.
[/quote]

Check lamberts quote toady you idiot, Lambert didnt see it as a risk!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user=""]

[/quote]This is completely true, but he called this one right![/quote]Forget that, Lincoln Canary is now arguing with himself and saying that Vaughan proved his fitness before we signed him. Sigh.[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t know if your thick or not, but I''ve never asked WHY Lambert signed Vaughan. I''m saying that it was a GAMBLE. He signed him, the buck stops at Lambert. I don''t care what HIS reasons are, if he spends his three years at this club in the physio room then it is Lamberts mistake.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user=""]

[/quote]

This is completely true, but he called this one right!
[/quote]

Forget that, Lincoln Canary is now arguing with himself and saying that Vaughan proved his fitness before we signed him. Sigh.
[/quote]

You said lambert knew he was taking a risk.

I said lambert did not knowingly take a risk after he factored out the risk using information known to him.

End of story!

[/quote]

I don''t know if your thick or not, but I''ve never asked WHY Lambert signed Vaughan. I''m saying that it was a GAMBLE. He signed him, the buck stops at Lambert. I don''t care what HIS reasons are, if he spends his three years at this club in the physio room then it is Lamberts mistake.
[/quote]

LOL usual moron spamming his self important garbage everywhere.

As for Jackson as a replacement for Vaughen , after watching the reserves the other night Jacko would be lucky to get a game for Lowestoft Town :(

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Twitchy"]Ward and Vaughan out of the start of the season.................balls!
[/quote]

More concerned that Wardy will be missing for the first game or two of the season than Vaughan, as I believe that we have enough upfront (with Holty, Jacko, Morison and Chris Martin to choose from) to trouble the likes of Wigan and Stoke without Vaughan, but I think that Wardy will be a massive loss at the back.

I am already concerned over us appearing to go in to the start of the season with Ruddy as our Number 1 and for me I would''ve we rather lost any other defender for a few games than Ward at this early stage of the season.  Like I have said many times before - for me Wardy is the organiser and leader of our back four and with the prospect of a couple of young lads in De Laet and Naughton maybe being added to what we have over the opening weeks then things could certainly be interesting for us in defence.
[/quote]

The thread is titled "Vaughans knee" and so it is not unreasonable as the news on Ward broke at the same time for him to be discussed but along comes Smudger with his well documented anti Ruddy stance.All that is missing is his "I told you so about Simeone Jackson" quotes.No mention though of his discarded love child Anthony McNamee or his bewilderment that Simon Lappin will be given a shirt  in the 25 man squad.[;)]

Smudger mate John Ruddy is our No1 so get over it please and my advice is button it as far as the verbals go with ranting about Ruddy at games else i can see you falling out with fellow fans(again).[:#]

[/quote]

Has he changed his opinion on Ruddy???