[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Out of interest who do people think has recruited best upfront out of the promoted teams?

Swansea = Danny Graham, Leroy Lita & Wayne Routledge

QPR = Jay Bothroyd & Kieran Dyer

NCFC = Steve Morison, Elliott Bennett, Anthony Pilkington & James Vaughan

[/quote]

Swansea by a country mile. Especially when half of the ones you list for us aren''t strikers.
[/quote]

I included all offensive signings as Routledge, Dyer, Bennett & Pilkington could all be employed this season as men just off a lone striker.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"] a player who has only made a handfull of appearances since making his debut 7 years ago .[/quote]

38 of his 87 league appearances have been made in the last 2 seasons which to me shows his teenage injuries are now hopefully behind him.

He made his debut aged 16(7 years ago) so he was hardly going to be a regular fixture in the Everton team that young now was he?

Sorry for the Tangie type posting but as many of you know i am a technophobe.[;)]

[/quote]

Lincoln Canary: "I can''t see vaughan playing more then 20 games this season"

Til 1010: 38 of his 87 league appearances have been made in the last 2 seasons

Sometimes you really aren''t the brightest spark Tilson.
[/quote]

I was looking at the bigger picture you pig ignorant rude so and so to say that half his appearances are in the last two seasons out of seven and then take my comment about his age at the time he made his debut for Everton.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"] a player who has only made a handfull of appearances since making his debut 7 years ago .[/quote]

38 of his 87 league appearances have been made in the last 2 seasons which to me shows his teenage injuries are now hopefully behind him.

He made his debut aged 16(7 years ago) so he was hardly going to be a regular fixture in the Everton team that young now was he?

Sorry for the Tangie type posting but as many of you know i am a technophobe.[;)]

[/quote]

Lincoln Canary: "I can''t see vaughan playing more then 20 games this season"

Til 1010: 38 of his 87 league appearances have been made in the last 2 seasons

Sometimes you really aren''t the brightest spark Tilson.
[/quote]

I was looking at the bigger picture you pig ignorant rude so and so to say that half his appearances are in the last two seasons out of seven and then take my comment about his age at the time he made his debut for Everton.

[/quote]

Please do not try and be pedantic with regard to 38 not being half of 87 as those not intent on being rude know what i mean.

[quote user="alysha"]Have I missed something? Just logged on and read this thread and there is a hell of a lot of people worrying about James Vaughan. The last I heard is that Lambert said Vaughan and Elliot Ward will not make the Southend game. Has he came out and said that Vaughan''s injury is worse than first thought, or could we still expect to see him next week? I agree though it''s not ideal for one of our strikers to miss out on quite a few pre-season games. Does anyone know why Ward will be missing either?[/quote]We obviously read a different thread then because most people are not worried about it! I''m not worried about it, I was just pointing out that the OP may have a legitimate concern. Vaughan has missed two and a half years of football as a result of a dodgy knee, including a 19 month spell on the sidelines. I think all the OP was trying to say is that it looks like his knee has never really completely healed, and they rarely do, so we probably shouldn''t expect 38 games out of him next year.... just like other attacking players who suffer serious injuries, e.g. Bellamy.It is a legitimate point, and buying a player who has had serious injuries is always a gamble, nobody knows the end result but we can cross our fingers that he plays an important role this year. Vaughan has also done his shoulder and achilles before, but the knee would be the most concerning. Once you have done your ligaments those ligaments are never as strong again, unlike a bone break which can make your bone stronger, so all that I am saying and maybe a couple of others is that any knock or twinge to Vaughans knee should be a concern to us and to Lambert. But we have enough strikers to not have to risk Vaughan if his knee plays up, that''s all that needs to be said, we do have to be careful with him and it will probably affect his value..... but that is probably the only reason that we just managed to sign such a good striker for £1.5m..... that is his value, because he does have those problems. So for me, he is worth the risk at £1.5m, even if we do only get 20-25 games a year out of him.Also, why do people have stupid symbols in their usernames? You know damn well that it makes it a pain in the ass whenever somebody wants to quote you. It only makes people less willing to reply to you in future.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Lincoln Canary: "I can''t see vaughan playing more then 20 games this season"Til 1010: 38 of his 87 league appearances have been made in the last 2 seasonsSometimes you really aren''t the brightest spark Tilson. [/quote]

[/quote]

Please do not try and be pedantic with regard to 38 not being half of 87 as those not intent on being rude know what i mean.

[/quote]I''m only rude to you because your only contributions these days seem to be rude two or three word replies to other posters. That isn''t what I meant anyway, what''s all this half stuff?The OP said that we would be lucky to get 20 games this year out of Tilson, which you criticised. His point was valid, and you only supported it by pointing out that Vaughan had played 38 games in two years. That is 16 games per season. That was my point.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Lincoln Canary: "I can''t see vaughan playing more then 20 games this season"Til 1010: 38 of his 87 league appearances have been made in the last 2 seasonsSometimes you really aren''t the brightest spark Tilson. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m only rude to you because your only contributions these days seem to be rude two or three word replies to other posters. That isn''t what I meant anyway, what''s all this half stuff?The OP said that we would be lucky to get 20 games this year out of Tilson, which you criticised. His point was valid, and you only supported it by pointing out that Vaughan had played 38 games in two years. That is 16 games per season. That was my point. [/quote]Vaughan that is, don''t be trying to run on the pitch Tilson you don''t sit in the Snakepit!

[quote user="alysha"]Have I missed something? Just logged on and read this thread and there is a hell of a lot of people worrying about James Vaughan. The last I heard is that Lambert said Vaughan and Elliot Ward will not make the Southend game. Has he came out and said that Vaughan''s injury is worse than first thought, or could we still expect to see him next week? I agree though it''s not ideal for one of our strikers to miss out on quite a few pre-season games. Does anyone know why Ward will be missing either?[/quote]

It''s normal practice in pre season to not take any chances with minor knocks. Ward apparently clashed knees with someone in Germany and is a bit sore, while Vaughan will miss tonight, will  "probably" miss Coventry, but is expected back for next week''s games. Move along, nothing to see here, unless, like the OP, your modus operandi is starting negative posts for the sake of it.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="alysha"]Have I missed something? Just logged on and read this thread and there is a hell of a lot of people worrying about James Vaughan. The last I heard is that Lambert said Vaughan and Elliot Ward will not make the Southend game. Has he came out and said that Vaughan''s injury is worse than first thought, or could we still expect to see him next week? I agree though it''s not ideal for one of our strikers to miss out on quite a few pre-season games. Does anyone know why Ward will be missing either?[/quote]

We obviously read a different thread then because most people are not worried about it! I''m not worried about it, I was just pointing out that the OP may have a legitimate concern. Vaughan has missed two and a half years of football as a result of a dodgy knee, including a 19 month spell on the sidelines. I think all the OP was trying to say is that it looks like his knee has never really completely healed, and they rarely do, so we probably shouldn''t expect 38 games out of him next year.... just like other attacking players who suffer serious injuries, e.g. Bellamy.

It is a legitimate point, and buying a player who has had serious injuries is always a gamble, nobody knows the end result but we can cross our fingers that he plays an important role this year. Vaughan has also done his shoulder and achilles before, but the knee would be the most concerning. Once you have done your ligaments those ligaments are never as strong again, unlike a bone break which can make your bone stronger, so all that I am saying and maybe a couple of others is that any knock or twinge to Vaughans knee should be a concern to us and to Lambert.

But we have enough strikers to not have to risk Vaughan if his knee plays up, that''s all that needs to be said, we do have to be careful with him and it will probably affect his value..... but that is probably the only reason that we just managed to sign such a good striker for £1.5m..... that is his value, because he does have those problems. So for me, he is worth the risk at £1.5m, even if we do only get 20-25 games a year out of him.

Also, why do people have stupid symbols in their usernames? You know damn well that it makes it a pain in the ass whenever somebody wants to quote you. It only makes people less willing to reply to you in future.
[/quote]

Why so defensive? I aksed a legitimate question, if Lambert had said anything else on Vaughan''s injury. As for the symbols, after people subscibed with the same username, I decided to make mine very individual, and have had no problems myself with quoting someone with a symbol. Thanks for the reply though, no need to reply or quote me in the future if my username is ''a pain the arse''.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="alysha"]Have I missed something? Just logged on and read this thread and there is a hell of a lot of people worrying about James Vaughan. The last I heard is that Lambert said Vaughan and Elliot Ward will not make the Southend game. Has he came out and said that Vaughan''s injury is worse than first thought, or could we still expect to see him next week? I agree though it''s not ideal for one of our strikers to miss out on quite a few pre-season games. Does anyone know why Ward will be missing either?[/quote]

It''s normal practice in pre season to not take any chances with minor knocks. Ward apparently clashed knees with someone in Germany and is a bit sore, while Vaughan will miss tonight, will  "probably" miss Coventry, but is expected back for next week''s games. Move along, nothing to see here, unless, like the OP, your modus operandi is starting negative posts for the sake of it.

[/quote]

Thanks Beauseant.

By the way, I didn''t realise posters had issues quoting me, so I shall remove the symbols

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="alysha"]Have I missed something? Just logged on and read this thread and there is a hell of a lot of people worrying about James Vaughan. The last I heard is that Lambert said Vaughan and Elliot Ward will not make the Southend game. Has he came out and said that Vaughan''s injury is worse than first thought, or could we still expect to see him next week? I agree though it''s not ideal for one of our strikers to miss out on quite a few pre-season games. Does anyone know why Ward will be missing either?[/quote]We obviously read a different thread then because most people are not worried about it! I''m not worried about it, I was just pointing out that the OP may have a legitimate concern. Vaughan has missed two and a half years of football as a result of a dodgy knee, including a 19 month spell on the sidelines. I think all the OP was trying to say is that it looks like his knee has never really completely healed, and they rarely do, so we probably shouldn''t expect 38 games out of him next year.... just like other attacking players who suffer serious injuries, e.g. Bellamy.It is a legitimate point, and buying a player who has had serious injuries is always a gamble, nobody knows the end result but we can cross our fingers that he plays an important role this year. Vaughan has also done his shoulder and achilles before, but the knee would be the most concerning. Once you have done your ligaments those ligaments are never as strong again, unlike a bone break which can make your bone stronger, so all that I am saying and maybe a couple of others is that any knock or twinge to Vaughans knee should be a concern to us and to Lambert. But we have enough strikers to not have to risk Vaughan if his knee plays up, that''s all that needs to be said, we do have to be careful with him and it will probably affect his value..... but that is probably the only reason that we just managed to sign such a good striker for £1.5m..... that is his value, because he does have those problems. So for me, he is worth the risk at £1.5m, even if we do only get 20-25 games a year out of him.Also, why do people have stupid symbols in their usernames? You know damn well that it makes it a pain in the ass whenever somebody wants to quote you. It only makes people less willing to reply to you in future. [/quote]

Why so defensive? I aksed a legitimate question, if Lambert had said anything else on Vaughan''s injury. As for the symbols, after people subscibed with the same username, I decided to make mine very individual, and have had no problems myself with quoting someone with a symbol. Thanks for the reply though, no need to reply or quote me in the future if my username is ''a pain the arse''.

[/quote]And I gave a legitimate answer, a long one which I took time writing, so indeed I won''t bother replying in the future.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="alysha"]Have I missed something? Just logged on and read this thread and there is a hell of a lot of people worrying about James Vaughan. The last I heard is that Lambert said Vaughan and Elliot Ward will not make the Southend game. Has he came out and said that Vaughan''s injury is worse than first thought, or could we still expect to see him next week? I agree though it''s not ideal for one of our strikers to miss out on quite a few pre-season games. Does anyone know why Ward will be missing either?[/quote]

We obviously read a different thread then because most people are not worried about it! I''m not worried about it, I was just pointing out that the OP may have a legitimate concern. Vaughan has missed two and a half years of football as a result of a dodgy knee, including a 19 month spell on the sidelines. I think all the OP was trying to say is that it looks like his knee has never really completely healed, and they rarely do, so we probably shouldn''t expect 38 games out of him next year.... just like other attacking players who suffer serious injuries, e.g. Bellamy.

It is a legitimate point, and buying a player who has had serious injuries is always a gamble, nobody knows the end result but we can cross our fingers that he plays an important role this year. Vaughan has also done his shoulder and achilles before, but the knee would be the most concerning. Once you have done your ligaments those ligaments are never as strong again, unlike a bone break which can make your bone stronger, so all that I am saying and maybe a couple of others is that any knock or twinge to Vaughans knee should be a concern to us and to Lambert.

But we have enough strikers to not have to risk Vaughan if his knee plays up, that''s all that needs to be said, we do have to be careful with him and it will probably affect his value..... but that is probably the only reason that we just managed to sign such a good striker for £1.5m..... that is his value, because he does have those problems. So for me, he is worth the risk at £1.5m, even if we do only get 20-25 games a year out of him.

Also, why do people have stupid symbols in their usernames? You know damn well that it makes it a pain in the ass whenever somebody wants to quote you. It only makes people less willing to reply to you in future.
[/quote]

[/quote]

And I gave a legitimate answer, a long one which I took time writing, so indeed I won''t bother replying in the future.
[/quote]

Fair enough, you just seemed a little defensive in your opening paragragh and could have just asked me to change the symbol in my username instead of your little rant, but I do agree with the rest of your post, so thanks for taking the time out to write it.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]The worry is because he''s never managed more than about 15 games a season due to injury![/quote]Exactly, thank you, a legitimate concern. Supported by Tils showing that he had averaged 16 games a year for the last two years, a comment which was in some way intended as a criticism of the OP suggesting that Vaughan would be lucky to play 20 this season. I don''t see it as a problem, but he needs to be managed carefully, in the same way the Bellamy doesn''t do much in training and sits on the bench at the slightest hint of a twinge.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]The worry is because he''s never managed more than about 15 games a season due to injury!
[/quote]

He played 30 games for Crystal Palace last year, he had two loan spells there

[quote user="alysha"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="alysha"]Have I missed something? Just logged on and read this thread and there is a hell of a lot of people worrying about James Vaughan. The last I heard is that Lambert said Vaughan and Elliot Ward will not make the Southend game. Has he came out and said that Vaughan''s injury is worse than first thought, or could we still expect to see him next week? I agree though it''s not ideal for one of our strikers to miss out on quite a few pre-season games. Does anyone know why Ward will be missing either?[/quote]We obviously read a different thread then because most people are not worried about it! I''m not worried about it, I was just pointing out that the OP may have a legitimate concern. Vaughan has missed two and a half years of football as a result of a dodgy knee, including a 19 month spell on the sidelines. I think all the OP was trying to say is that it looks like his knee has never really completely healed, and they rarely do, so we probably shouldn''t expect 38 games out of him next year.... just like other attacking players who suffer serious injuries, e.g. Bellamy.It is a legitimate point, and buying a player who has had serious injuries is always a gamble, nobody knows the end result but we can cross our fingers that he plays an important role this year. Vaughan has also done his shoulder and achilles before, but the knee would be the most concerning. Once you have done your ligaments those ligaments are never as strong again, unlike a bone break which can make your bone stronger, so all that I am saying and maybe a couple of others is that any knock or twinge to Vaughans knee should be a concern to us and to Lambert. But we have enough strikers to not have to risk Vaughan if his knee plays up, that''s all that needs to be said, we do have to be careful with him and it will probably affect his value..... but that is probably the only reason that we just managed to sign such a good striker for £1.5m..... that is his value, because he does have those problems. So for me, he is worth the risk at £1.5m, even if we do only get 20-25 games a year out of him.Also, why do people have stupid symbols in their usernames? You know damn well that it makes it a pain in the ass whenever somebody wants to quote you. It only makes people less willing to reply to you in future. [/quote]

[/quote]And I gave a legitimate answer, a long one which I took time writing, so indeed I won''t bother replying in the future. [/quote]

Fair enough, you just seemed a little defensive in your opening paragragh and could have just asked me to change the symbol in my username instead of your little rant, but I do agree with the rest of your post, so thanks for taking the time out to write it.

[/quote]Please accept my apologies for that last line then, I can be a hot head, I could have said the same thing in a polite manner :-)

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="alysha"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="alysha"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And I gave a legitimate answer, a long one which I took time writing, so indeed I won''t bother replying in the future.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Please accept my apologies for that last line then, I can be a hot head, I could have said the same thing in a polite manner :-)
[/quote]

No problem, I didn''t realise people were having issues with it, so at least you brought it to my attention [:)]

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]The worry is because he''s never managed more than about 15 games a season due to injury![/quote]

[/quote]Most he has ever managed, but he did miss the end of the season with an ankle and hand injury at the same time. Although the latter was as a result of punching the wall, but he did his ankle during the game. With the intensity of the Premiership, you do have to equate 30 champs games to about 20 prem games though. In fairness, he might not neccessarily get 20 games even if he does remain fit, I can see Simeon Jackson starting and if he takes his chance then fantastic. Then you have Chris Martin, can''t write him off just yet! With 6 strikers in the 25 it will be an achievement for ANY of them to manage 20 games, I''d put my money on Holt being our star man again, but I can see it being chopped and changed around a lot! So it isn''t really a gamble in the respect that an injury to Vaughan isn''t going to effect our season in the same way that the DJ Campbell injury wrecked Blackpools, so I agree that the OP is putting a bit too much gloom and doom on the situation. 

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]The worry is because he''s never managed more than about 15 games a season due to injury![/quote]

[/quote]My mistake- I had been looking at that as two seasons on loan not two spells in one season.I am less worried than I was!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="YellowLittle1"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]The worry is because he''s never managed more than about 15 games a season due to injury!
[/quote]

[/quote]

My mistake- I had been looking at that as two seasons on loan not two spells in one season.
I am less worried than I was!
[/quote]

I thought you had haha, ah well.

-------------------------------------------------
And I disagree with 30 Championship games equating to 20 Premiership games. Premiership games are spaced out more, your not playing two games every week. I don''t think there are any problems with fitness levels in our team as well, I think fitness wise we are up there with United, Chelsea etc.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Medical team (not nedical).[/quote][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QIrYNUgTBPo/TOnNd9EXagI/AAAAAAAAABY/0sM4O2tItRk/s1600/Ned_Flanders.jpg[/img]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m only rude to you because your only contributions these days seem to be rude two or three word replies to other posters. That isn''t what I meant anyway, what''s all this half stuff?The OP said that we would be lucky to get 20 games this year out of Tilson, which you criticised. His point was valid, and you only supported it by pointing out that Vaughan had played 38 games in two years. That is 16 games per season. That was my point. [/quote]I can''t help but find it ironic that you accuse Til2010 of not being the brightest spark and yet you seem to believe that 16 multiplied by 2 is 38.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Out of interest who do people think has recruited best upfront out of the promoted teams?

Swansea = Danny Graham, Leroy Lita & Wayne Routledge

QPR = Jay Bothroyd & Kieran Dyer

NCFC = Steve Morison, Elliott Bennett, Anthony Pilkington & James Vaughan

[/quote]

Based on my own immediate awareness I''d say Swansea lead the way with three excellent signings there. I''d have welcomed all three of Graham, Lita & Routledge at Norwich.

If it were not for the internet I''d know little about any of our 4. Watching the video clips over and over (love Pilks ''wonder goal'' on You Tube) I am confident PL has spent wisely. Compared to the other two promoted managers, PL seems more astute with excellent senior coaching staff, so I have no concerns that we''ll be more than OK!...

I think its likely he will be injured more often than not, knees are like that and I can see him being a Eadie/Owen/Hargreaves....good when he plays but just not enough

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]I think its likely he will be injured more often than not, knees are like that and I can see him being a Eadie/Owen/Hargreaves....good when he plays but just not enough[/quote]

Depends how knees are managed, Bellamy for instance has played a lot of games last few season season and has had dodgy knees. Jagielka and Arteta had because it''s been managed they are doing alright now. I sort of know because I had the injury myself, it is painful but your knee can be the same again if you built it up and manage it well. I personally am more then confident that Lambert''s team will manage it well