Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

How much left!!

Now that 6 signings have been made (B.Johnson+Pilkington if they sign) how much would that leave in the kitty, so far going by rumours of fees

1.Vaughn 1.5Million-2.5Million

2.Morison 2.5Million-3Million

3.Bennett 1.5Million-2Million

4.De Laet - Loan Fee

5.Johnson- Free Agent signing on fee

6.Pilkington 2Million-2.5Million

"Now watch Pinkun Post Deleter"

On what you have worked out there we will have spent between £7.5mil and £10mil.

You also have to remember that the wages of the players have to come out of the money amount which was quoted.

This leaves only a medium to small amount of money (maybe £10mil left?). Some of this maybe spent later in the summer and dont forget we will probably need some money to strengthen / replace inadequate players come january.

Not a lot when you think about it.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at what the new signings are earning per week?!I''ve no idea but would imagine something in the region ofMorison 8-10kVaughan 12-15kBennett 8-10kJohnson 12-15k (big signing on fee!)De Laet - percentage of wage, 7.5k+ bonuses for staying up, win, goals clean sheets etc..??

I am guessing a bit but it looks like 7.3 M straight up with a rather worrying 2.2M approx in possible in add-ons though most of that would be dependent on us staying up i would think

Signing on/loan fees say about 1M More. About 800k more on wages in 1st year?? Making 9M plus about 500K on the add-ons based on appearances?

We must be out of money soon I would think, and we still need a fair amount for new defenders most people would say

"We must be out of money soon I would think".

The previous posts on this thread suggest that, including Pilkington, we''ve so far spent about 10 million on new players and their wages.

True, we also have to pay Premier "bonus" wages for our existing players. But surely they can''t be more than about 4 million on top of their Championship-level wages (say, an extra 10 k/year for 20 players, plus management).

These pre-Premier League wages are already covered by existing income anyway (gate receipts, Delia''s culinary efforts, etc.).

I guess we''re holding some back for January, say another 5 million.

So, I make that about (10 + 4 + 5) = "only" 19 million now earmarked.

Now, I''d thought that we were getting about 40 million from TV money this season?

And Bowkett had indicated that Lambert would be getting the lot. In other words, any debt repayments would come from existing income (gate receipts and other existing non-Sky income).

So doesn''t that mean that there''s still, say, 20 million left for new players and their wages? What am I missing here?

Im not too worried, its hardley the big spend for one player like Snodgrass would have been. Again looks past the add ons and bonus''s, they will be irrelevant in contrast to the ammount of money we will recieve for staying up and getting another seasons worth of televison and other revenue. All of them will also have pay cuts etc worked into their contracts and that will be in line with the pay structure of the rest of the squad. Im confident of us staying up though, and so spending in this controlled manner is not worrying me! Think there will still be a budget for January... remeber we had 2 million odd of Fouglar cash plus what ever we had already budgeted for a season in th championship to spend before we up''ed the allowance that the premire league will allow us to spend... if that makes sense!

Back of fag packet calculation here but assuming we are given around £40m for getting in the Prem this season... Bowkett has said ALL this amount will be given towards wages and player purchase.

Take a look at the artice below...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13711054

It takes the 2009/10 season - Wolves were the 2nd lowest payers in wages at £29.8m. Burnley were lowest on £22m. And this was 2 seasons ago so bear in mind inflation.

That means, if we were to spend around £30m in wages this season, there would be approx £10 left for player purchases, plus signing on fees, agents fees etc. If we sign Pilkington that would be around £9m we have spent excluding add-ons (which could be budgeted against parachute payments, ie, aginst future income as the liklihood is that add-ons would be payable this season).

So, even if we said our wages for this season would be as low as £25 (probably the lowest likely amount we could expect), there may only be around £5m ''left'' in the kitty, including any amount saved for the January transfer window. And we still need to include payments for agents fees, signing on fees etc which we don''t know about.

All I''m saying is that don''t expect us to be spending another £10m over the coming weeks! I think the majority of our spending could be done (assuming Pilkington joins) though with the exception of a GK and CD to join.

I think that Mick Dennis who I don''t like much but has an inside track to the Board suggested 40M would include all Player wages in 1st year, transfer fees, signing on fees and agent fees. I would think that it may also include all non playing wages such as Manager etc and possible bonuses

Our wages according to Craig Brown on Steven Smith saga seem to have gone up more than 4M "rumoured to have doubled" was his take which I seriously hope is wrong. So I would allow an extra 5M plus, plus 9-10M transfer fees to include most of add-ons as well, an extra 1M on the 6 new players wages, IM so far on signing on fees and 400k say on agents. That''s about 17.5M, so maybe room for one more mid range signing, 2.5M and that''s it.

Of course if we start seeing some transfer outs, McDonald, McNamee, Martin etc then the picture alters.

[quote user="jamesg"]I think that Mick Dennis who I don''t like much but has an inside track to the Board suggested 40M would include all Player wages in 1st year, transfer fees, signing on fees and agent fees. I would think that it may also include all non playing wages such as Manager etc and possible bonuses

Lambert must be on over a £1m a year, in fact the new contract was rumoured to put him well up into the top half of the table. Culverhouse and Karsa are probably earning over £200k a year as well.

Our wages according to Craig Brown on Steven Smith saga seem to have gone up more than 4M "rumoured to have doubled" was his take which I seriously hope is wrong.

A player on £10k a week earns over half a million a year, why would you assume the figure to be wrong?

So I would allow an extra 5M plus, plus 9-10M transfer fees to include most of add-ons as well, an extra 1M on the 6 new players wages,

How many of our signings have come here for £3K a week do you think? They get more than that in the Championship!

IM so far on signing on fees and 400k say on agents. That''s about 17.5M, so maybe room for one more mid range signing, 2.5M and that''s it. Of course if we start seeing some transfer outs, McDonald, McNamee, Martin etc then the picture alters.[/quote]

Don''t forget we already have a proportion of funds expected for playing budget. For instance if we hadn''t of been promoted, our playing budget would be smaller but still exist and need to be paid for. And without Sky money. We can therefore add last years player budget to our kitty - or rather take off this amount from this years playing budget!

Good point Muddy. But you''d have to make an allowance for last years income too. Premier League income is much greater but we got tv money etc in the Champs last season.

Hope lifes treating you good Muddy[Y]

Hi Nutty - sorry - I''ve not been on here much. By the way - I was running a fever and very ill when I met you and wasn''t very good at all that day - typical! It was good to meet you, Tilly and Kathy though - hope to do it again in the Premiership when we are all less ill, injured!!! I didn''t get a chance to talk to Smudger much unfortunately.

You are quite right of course - minus any Championship TV revenue - but itisn''t huge in the grand scheme of things. I think we still have 5m left this transfer window and 5m left for Jan if you want my honest opinion. I estimated 18 -20m for transfers was being offered to PL taking wages etc out.

It''s really difficult to work out and can only be a guess Muddy. But yours looks pretty good to me. We have to take into account the amount of money that was due to be paid upon promotion to the Premier League. Players bonuses, transfer fee add ons due, loans that are due to be paid added to the fact that the millions come in throughout the season and not all at once.

You seemed on good form to me and was good to meet you on the day of the parade.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s really difficult to work out and can only be a guess Muddy. But yours looks pretty good to me. We have to take into account the amount of money that was due to be paid upon promotion to the Premier League. Players bonuses, transfer fee add ons due, loans that are due to be paid added to the fact that the millions come in throughout the season and not all at once.

[/quote]

Have you been looking on the back of Tangies fag packet Nutty?[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Have you been looking on the back of Tangies fag packet Nutty?[;)]

[/quote]I have! It''s got two lines running through the middle with "spine road" written through it. The bottom half is blank amd just says "LSE land". Someones been playing hangman in the top half and the clue is......"sozzled trout! [:S]