Sign in to follow this  
unique

Lambert going for broke.....

The Norwich City Board must be loving PL''s transfer buys so far, as much as the fans.

Nobody can be sure what this season holds for Norwich City, but Lambert, spending comparatively very little, has assembled potentially the most potent attacking force in the history of NCFC.

As if the forwards aren''t prolific enough at the various levels they''ve played at so far, the midfield - Hoolahan, Johnson, Crofts, Bennett and imminently, Pilkington, is positively brimming with career goals and assists.

There would seem little doubt, at this moment in time, that Blackpool will be Lambert''s template. As things currently stand, our defence would not appear strong enough for the Premier League. Lambert''s philosophy up to now has been less about keeping clean sheets, and more about scoring more than the opposition.

Naturally that will prove harder in the Premier League, but Lambert''s signings suggest that he''s going out with all guns blazing.....

Should be fun!

I don''t get why people keep saying we have spent very little. This is I believe our biggest close season spending spree ever all ready and the total will no doubt increase before the window closes. It may be a relatively small chunk of the £40m that people like to talk about, but I would guess half of that sum is all ready spent on wages and other expenses. I''d be very impressed if we managed to spend another £5m before the season starts.

I guess PL will play to his strengths in whichever league he competes!

He openly states he goes out to win each game; a draw has never been an option.

Maintaining the momentum of a winning mentality is paramount if we are to get a decent foothold in the Premiership. The signings do have an offensive bias so far - but he''s not finished yet is he? One or two solid, experienced defenders will have most of us confident of doing well in the big league!...

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I don''t get why people keep saying we have spent very little. This is I believe our biggest close season spending spree ever all ready and the total will no doubt increase before the window closes. It may be a relatively small chunk of the £40m that people like to talk about, but I would guess half of that sum is all ready spent on wages and other expenses. I''d be very impressed if we managed to spend another £5m before the season starts.[/quote]

I think hes suggesting its relatively little with respect to silly Premiership transfer windows and not in relation to our own previous lack of big signings.

Regardless of the amounts spent, or the politics surrounding certain players in the team, the depth of the squad, especially with respect to the forward line, has come on leaps and bounds to the point where we now find ourselves with more than likely the most thrilling attacking Norwich side for at least a generation.Over the last two seasons only, regarding our strikers, we have Grant Holt scorer of 53 goals, Simeon Jackson scorer of 29 goals, Chris Martin scorer of 27 goals, Steve Morison scorer of 40 goals, Cody McDonald scorer of 28 goals, and James Vaughan scorer of 9 goals, with the kind of potential that once had him heralded as Rooney''s successor on Merseyside. Not just a selection, but a list of prolific strikers that have conquered the respective leagues they''ve played in.Altogether 186 goals in two seasons, and that''s not even accounting for the 117 goals of our current midfielders over the past two seasons, a surprisingly offensive defence, and indeed the rest of the strikeforce (that, had they been at the club any other time during the past decade, would probably be making the bench or even first team) and any other players we buy from now on.Lambert has fed a lot of ammunition into this well oiled machine, and it certainly has the potential to reak havoc given enough support.

We have a variety players who can score from distance outside the box. It gives us more options and the more goal scorers in the team the better, less pressure on the strikers or concern if they are injured..

I wonder what the stats are for types of goal scored in the various divisions

H

At last. A positive post about the amazing summer so far. I presume that the lack of response on here is a symptom of that.... everyones far more interested in what the newspaper that lied about us going into administration is saying..... I agree 100% with your comments. We have a team that is capable of out scoring many prem teams and I can''t wait to see the new team up against some of the big boys.

As you both said the team has enough goals in it already but now we have serious options. Also people forget Crofts, Fox, Whitbread, Ruddy and (fingers crossed) Pilkington have all been at big clubs (Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton). Add a couple of defenders and the holt factor and things are looking good. Just one problem, who you gonna drop for Cody????;)

Correction, *120* goals from midfielders. Forgot Fox''s 3 for Colchester (partly for the better).

[quote user="unique"]The Norwich City Board must be loving PL''s transfer buys so far, as much as the fans. Nobody can be sure what this season holds for Norwich City, but Lambert, spending comparatively very little, has assembled potentially the most potent attacking force in the history of NCFC. As if the forwards aren''t prolific enough at the various levels they''ve played at so far, the midfield - Hoolahan, Johnson, Crofts, Bennett and imminently, Pilkington, is positively brimming with career goals and assists. There would seem little doubt, at this moment in time, that Blackpool will be Lambert''s template. As things currently stand, our defence would not appear strong enough for the Premier League. Lambert''s philosophy up to now has been less about keeping clean sheets, and more about scoring more than the opposition. Naturally that will prove harder in the Premier League, but Lambert''s signings suggest that he''s going out with all guns blazing..... Should be fun![/quote]

Totally agree.

I was thinking this the other day, Lambert is going to go for it and not sit back in awe of the other teams. And as others have said exciting times with potentially the most attacking set of players we have ever had.

[quote user="yellow jonny"]At last. A positive post about the amazing summer so far. I presume that the lack of response on here is a symptom of that.... everyones far more interested in what the newspaper that lied about us going into administration is saying..... I agree 100% with your comments. We have a team that is capable of out scoring many prem teams and I can''t wait to see the new team up against some of the big boys.

As you both said the team has enough goals in it already but now we have serious options. Also people forget Crofts, Fox, Whitbread, Ruddy and (fingers crossed) Pilkington have all been at big clubs (Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton). Add a couple of defenders and the holt factor and things are looking good. Just one problem, who you gonna drop for Cody????;)[/quote][:D]It''s the luxurious question all managers cherish of course, where one is left to choose from a quantity of quality.

My honest view is that i''d quite possibly pick him over Martin. The records and evidence i''ve covered in other discussions suggest McDonald is more immediately capable, though i am confident Martin will shine very brightly indeed within the next 2 to 3 years. Also Martin will need the consistent rigours of higher league football to help him realise the ''warrior within'', perhaps on loan, rather than a place 5th in the pecking order that will lull him into the dormancy his game has long been victim to.(Like a Redneck in a McDonalds drive-in, i''ll take anything involving the Big Mac seriously) [+o(]