Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

Official Confirmation of the new Barclay front row.

Can''t believe this post. The only time you need to stand is to celebrate a goal, before the kick off, half time or at the end of the match. If I was sitting behind you and u kept standing up through out the match, I would complain too. I''ve paid good money to watch the game and only for you to keep standing up resulting in me getting a view of your back all the match. Why don''t you move to the back row if you enjoy standing so much? You come across as a very inconsiderate person who doesn''t give a monkeys who view behind you, you block.

The point is it would not have happened 25 years ago, cause those who wanted to stand stood and those who wanted/had no alternative to sit sat. Its why safe standing areas would be great. As a short oldish person I struggled thru the second half of last season away as no one sat. I appreciate most want to stand but some of us do want / need to sit (and by the way we do sing even when sitting)

We are not inferior supporters because we want to sit as some on here suggest

For what it''s worth, my feeling is if you choose to be in the Barclay or the Snakepit you know what to expect.  I started standing in the Barclay in 1964 and I wouldn''t want to watch from anywhere else.  I also wanted both my daughters to experience the same thrill watching City as I experienced as a youngster.  Both started coming with me when they were about 5 and have loved every minute of being in the Barclay (particularly the singing). When they were smaller they just stood on their seats if anyone stood up in front of them and adults behind them have always been very tolerant.  My youngest, now 10, stands when she has to and basically ''just can''t get enough''.  Football is not tennis and if you don''t like it you have a choice.  Personally the more atmosphere generated at a match the better and if all four stands at Carrow Road decided to stand for 90 minutes bring it on!

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]The point is it would not have happened 25 years ago, cause those who wanted to stand stood and those who wanted/had no alternative to sit sat. Its why safe standing areas would be great. As a short oldish person I struggled thru the second half of last season away as no one sat. I appreciate most want to stand but some of us do want / need to sit (and by the way we do sing even when sitting) We are not inferior supporters because we want to sit as some on here suggest[/quote]

Fair point!

Some people,like myself,don''t stand to deliberately wind up the people behind.On occasions it verges on the involuntary,where the excitement takes over.Most of the time i am considerate,but every now and then...

The new front row apparently holds 175 seats.so thats 27033 + 175 = 27208

The current front row of the Lower Barclay has 139 seats, so I would guess a new front row would add this number to our current capacity of 27.033. A rumored temporary stand in front of the hotel would add around 800 extra seats.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]For what it''s worth, my feeling is if you choose to be in the Barclay or the Snakepit you know what to expect.  I started standing in the Barclay in 1964 and I wouldn''t want to watch from anywhere else.  I also wanted both my daughters to experience the same thrill watching City as I experienced as a youngster.  Both started coming with me when they were about 5 and have loved every minute of being in the Barclay (particularly the singing). When they were smaller they just stood on their seats if anyone stood up in front of them and adults behind them have always been very tolerant.  My youngest, now 10, stands when she has to and basically ''just can''t get enough''.  Football is not tennis and if you don''t like it you have a choice.  Personally the more atmosphere generated at a match the better and if all four stands at Carrow Road decided to stand for 90 minutes bring it on!
[/quote]

Can''t argue with that, If people want to sit and watch football, perhaps Sky tv could offer a good deal on a dish and box.

You dont have to stand up to support your team but people who continously sit down if Norwich are on the attack Holt 1on1 last minute I for one will not be sat down I will be the bloke infront of you blocking your view

I like to stand at games, but the problem clubs have in seated areas is that the club receives a safety certificate for sitting and if people persistently stand they can face having all or part of the ground closed down.

Top flight standing areas will not return in a hurry after hillsborough, even though the standing issue was a very small part, cramming fans into a cage with no realistic means of escape was the main issue here, with uefa and FIFA wanting non standing for top level football I can''t see a return to terracing in a hurry

The one good thing about all seater grounds is they look more attractive than those with terraces when empty

I can understand those who get annoyed at people who stand in front of them, but as other posters have said, everyone knows what to expect from sitting in the Barclay/SnakePit.

Its like buying tickets for a Roy Chubby Brown show and then complaining your offended by his material.

You guys should fell lucky you have a choice! A work colleague of mine sits at the very top of Block J (I think) of the Jarrold and has been moved along and down a block so the club can install some new media boxes in their place! He hasn''t been given any option, just been told he has been moved, and he has also been broken up with his mates who he sits next to and behind.