Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

Official Confirmation of the new Barclay front row.

As I currently sit front row of the Barclay, I recieved a letter this morning asking if I would like to move forward as row to ''''Row 1.'''' For two reasons I won''t be taking this offer: 1, because I believe it''ll be harder to see, I may be 6 foot 1 but I think it''ll be weird, and 2, the woman that sits behind me and seems to think she can make the club do what she wants thinks she can make the club do what they want, she has tried to get me and a few who sit near me ejected for persistent standing, and she would like to sit in the new ''''Row 1'''' so I''ve decided that it''ll shut her up.

I understand most people knew this was going to happen but I''m just saying that it''s offiicial now.

To be honest people like you annoy me, why do you feel the need to keep on standing when you are in the front row ?Do you realize because of people like you my children find it hard to see as because you stand up everyone behind you has to stand up and then they can''t see, when you sit down everyone can sit down and then no problem, as you are 6ft 1 you must appreciate the problems you cause or you don''t care as long as you are enjoying yourself.

[quote user="The Young One"]To be honest people like you annoy me, why do you feel the need to keep on standing when you are in the front row ?

Do you realize because of people like you my children find it hard to see as because you stand up everyone behind you has to stand up and then they can''t see, when you sit down everyone can sit down and then no problem, as you are 6ft 1 you must appreciate the problems you cause or you don''t care as long as you are enjoying yourself.

[/quote]

With respect, I wouldn''t take my kids in the Barclay or the Snakepit (just a personal choice) anyways, if you want a quiet stand with not much going on try the Family Enclosure or the River End. It is people like you who are the annoying ones, the people who put THEMSELVES into a situation and then moaning about it!

[quote user="The Young One"]To be honest people like you annoy me, why do you feel the need to keep on standing when you are in the front row ?

Do you realize because of people like you my children find it hard to see as because you stand up everyone behind you has to stand up and then they can''t see, when you sit down everyone can sit down and then no problem, as you are 6ft 1 you must appreciate the problems you cause or you don''t care as long as you are enjoying yourself.

[/quote]

I sit down for the majority of the game, the situation with her got so bad last season I didn''t even stand up for a goal in one of the matches, I just sat there all game, but seriously, everyone knows the Barclay and Snake Pit are vocal stands and like to stand up, so why sit there if you don''t like standing up. At the end of our League One season we agreed to swap seats but at the start of the Championship one, she had decided to get a padded seat and wouldn''t swap, but carried on moaning. One game I had the ''Head of Security'' watching me on CCTV and they told me if I do not do what the stewards say I will be banned, I always sit down when the stewards say so. But hopefully if she moves to the very front row, and I stay where I am, all will be good.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"] she has tried to get me and a few who sit near me ejected for persistent standing,.[/quote]

So you sit at the front and stand persistently throughout the game,how considerate you are toward your fellow fans behind you.If you want to breach the ground regulations may i suggest you sit at the back.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"] she has tried to get me and a few who sit near me ejected for persistent standing,.[/quote]

So you sit at the front and stand persistently throughout the game,how considerate you are toward your fellow fans behind you.If you want to breach the ground regulations may i suggest you sit at the back.

[/quote]

Try reading his reply before being a smart ar5e

[/quote]

Whats the problem with someone enjoying themselfs, If anyone who is the same height as a garden Gnome wants to move to the front, Nows the chance, Personally I wouldn''t want to sit there,Not for the reason stated but I would rather stay dry when it PEEEEEES down     

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Whats the problem with someone enjoying themselfs, If anyone who is the same height as a garden Gnome wants to move to the front, Nows the chance, Personally I wouldn''t want to sit there,Not for the reason stated but I would rather stay dry when it PEEEEEES down     

[/quote]

I am in the 5th row, oh how I wish I was 15 rows further back at certain times [:)]

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="The Young One"]To be honest people like you annoy me, why do you feel the need to keep on standing when you are in the front row ?Do you realize because of people like you my children find it hard to see as because you stand up everyone behind you has to stand up and then they can''t see, when you sit down everyone can sit down and then no problem, as you are 6ft 1 you must appreciate the problems you cause or you don''t care as long as you are enjoying yourself.

[/quote]

With respect, I wouldn''t take my kids in the Barclay or the Snakepit (just a personal choice) anyways, if you want a quiet stand with not much going on try the Family Enclosure or the River End. It is people like you who are the annoying ones, the people who put THEMSELVES into a situation and then moaning about it!

[/quote]I can choose where to sit, remember this is an all seating stadium and ground regulations state that people must sit down, why does someone at the front feel the need to stand and have no consideration for fellow supporters behind them is beyond me. I have been in the Barclay for 15yrs and don''t feel I should change because people are breaking the rules.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The annoying thing when it rains is that it doens''t tend to fall directly on you, it builds up on the roof and then you get massive drops on you, which is more annoying than light rain because no matter how hard the rain you still get as wet.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thought you were being the smart ar5e, Tilly just stated the rules and regulations and the obvious.

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can choose where to sit, remember this is an all seating stadium and ground regulations state that people must sit down, why does someone at the front feel the need to stand and have no consideration for fellow supporters behind them is beyond me. I have been in the Barclay for 15yrs and don''t feel I should change because people are breaking the rules.
[/quote]

Oh good, so can the OP. And his reply states that he doesn''t stand the whole match, no one in the front portion of any stand is on their feet for the 90 minutes with the exception of Ipswich and one or two other games. If they were you can guarentee they would be out after 2-3 matches! I understand what you are saying with regards to being in there for 15 years but it isn''t the people standing that would make me move, it is the fact i am taking children as moving would, as you have said, enhance their enjoyment.

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thought you were being the smart ar5e, Tilly just stated the rules and regulations and the obvious. [/quote]

If you sit in the Barclay or the Snakepit then you have to expect people to stand up during exciting parts of the game and I have no sympathy for anyone who complains about this. Has always been the way and always will be no matter what the "ground regulations" might say. There are plenty of areas of the ground where people sit glued to their seats for the entire 90 minutes and where there would be no problem for kids to see at all times.

Having said that if fans want to stand persistently then you would normally expect them to have season tickets nearer the back where people have always stood throughout most of the game.

For those who moan about standing, please join your local Opera Club!!

I wonder how young kids/old women got on at football 30 years ago!!

I don''t know about old women but as a kid my dad used to sit me on the fence at The River End or on the barriers in The South Stand!!!! ........ God I feel old writing this!!!!!!!

I take it the people moaning about standing in the Barclay didn''t go to Portsmouth, Ipswich or any other away games where 2-3000 Norwich fans stood for 90 mins.

Sort it out you lot! The OP was not about standing it was confirming that the barclay is going to have a extra row, no one else has confirmed it have they!? Show abit of respect to the OP for telling us about it as im sure it affects some of you!!

My father took me as a youngster along with a box for me to stand on as we were always in the all-standing open to the elements, River End.

Later I remember us youngsters being passed over the heads of supporters and deposited at the very front near the barrier.

Getting older, I remember swaying with the crowd, backwards, forwards and sideways on big crowd days eg. the Sunderland cup game when Charlie Hurley scored the only goal for them.

No health and safety then, but nobody seemed to get hurt.

I remember too that as an innocent Norfolk lad, used only to the sedate and well-behaved Carrow Road crowd, I was amazed, frightened and disturbed by the over the top behaviour of the very large Sunderland contingent. Some even made their way into the rafters of the old South Stand. There was a menace that I had not encounted before. I do not think visiting fans were segregated in those days?

Nowadays, it''s all rather a luxurious, anaesthetised affair, so don''t moan folks, imagine the olden days.

How dare people stand at football! Those people need to take a long hard look at themselves...disgraceful behaviour!

I remember going to Chelsea in our premiership season and has a ticket at the back and because of the morons at the front nearly standing the whole game I had to stand on my seat to see, and the stewards telling me off, so I  told them to tell the people at the front to sit down but they hardly bothered, so it spoiult my enjoymentSorry I have no time for people who stand when it''s an all seater stadium.

[quote user="Bowgy"]Sort it out you lot! The OP was not about standing it was confirming that the barclay is going to have a extra row, no one else has confirmed it have they!? Show abit of respect to the OP for telling us about it as im sure it affects some of you!!
[/quote]

Fair comment, apologies to the OP.

Will be interesting to see how low the seats are and whether the barriers/advertising boards will hinder the view. Also with us now having TV cameras present at all games, it is likely that they will substantially block peoples view. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Surely to breach the ground regulations he would have to stand at the back Tilly[:^)]

But then if he sits at the back he''ll see jack all!I hope you didn''t mind me pointing this out.... you can still be the organ grinder[:P]

I''m still at the back, heart ruled my head over this one. But when we get a ticket for my grandsons we''ll have to move. Just like I sat in other parts of the ground when my kids were young.

Is the front of the barclay the only place ear marked for extra seats, I did hear they were going to install a few in front of the hotel 

Your at a football game, if you want to remain seated at all times go to the cinema, I believe that standing when there''s a promising attack creates a better atmosphere, also who sings at games sitting down?

[quote user="scrappy33"]Your at a football game, if you want to remain seated at all times go to the cinema, I believe that standing when there''s a promising attack creates a better atmosphere, also who sings at games sitting down?[/quote]

Wow, very Intelligent input.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

HUH???[^o)]

Got my letter this morning!

Its crap. I like being on the front row and having an unobstructed view , sitting or standing, and having loads of leg room,But I dont really want to move any closer  as I am right behind the goal post and to sit any closer to it would mean thats all I could see and I would get wetter, although the big drops from the buld up on the roof might fall behind me so could be a bonus.

Why should season ticket holders have to move forward?!! These new front row seats should be available to supermembers / general public!! Season ticket holders have had their seat reserved for at least a couple of months and shouldn''t have to move now!

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="The Young One"]To be honest people like you annoy me, why do you feel the need to keep on standing when you are in the front row ?Do you realize because of people like you my children find it hard to see as because you stand up everyone behind you has to stand up and then they can''t see, when you sit down everyone can sit down and then no problem, as you are 6ft 1 you must appreciate the problems you cause or you don''t care as long as you are enjoying yourself.

[/quote]

[/quote]I can choose where to sit, remember this is an all seating stadium and ground regulations state that people must sit down, why does someone at the front feel the need to stand and have no consideration for fellow supporters behind them is beyond me. I have been in the Barclay for 15yrs and don''t feel I should change because people are breaking the rules.[/quote]Stop moaning. I encourage everyone in the Barclay to stand for the entire match if they so wish. They generate atmosphere and are vocal. Every club has an area where standing is more common. Every NCFC fan knows its the Barclay / Snakepit. Thus, you don''t want to join in, you are more than welcome to move!