Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

A few free agents that I would take....

First up professional bench warmer Jason Brown. He''s still only 29, is clearly happy being number 2 like Steve Harper and Stuart Taylor have been all their lives. Had a few loan deals, was really good when he was younger, had done OK when called on by Blackburn. Declan Rudd needs a loan to League 1 to develop like Forster did, Brown can come in for a year and keep his seat warm. Don''t get me wrong, I would take Forster with him competing with Ruddy, but doubt it would happen and this would be a solution.I know that this one has been done to death, but can we really turn down Nigel Reo-Coker? The bloke has played an average of 25 games a year for the last 4 years in the Prem, hasn''t had any serious injuries during that period, and is said to be in talks with the scum and West Brom. Obviously he would have to take less than his Villa salary, but surely we can match Ipswich and West Brom? I know Lambert likes hungry players, but Reo-Coker had a strong season last year and even captained Villa for a bit. Hardly a has been? A few years ago he looked like a future England player, could Lambert be the man to get the best out of him?Another player that West Brom have been linked to is former player Zoltan Gera. At 32 he is no spring chicken, but he hadn''t lost any of his ability as far as I''m concerned when playing for Fulham last year. Would this bloke be worth a 1 year deal? He has a better scoring record than a lot of strikers! I''ve always liked him as a person, I know Lambert likes ''hungry'' players, but this is a bloke who turned around his life after drink, drugs and gambling problems and became a top player, isn''t that hungry enough? Too good for the Champs, worth one more year and won''t be fazed by anything. Could be a leader in the dressing room.Perhaps the most important position which needs another body is centre back. We already have some young talent in there, Ward and Barnett can be considered young for centre backs, but I''d be worried about Whitbreads injury problems. How about Daniel Gabbidon? Experienced head, back in the Wales fold after coming out of retirement, has had an injury free couple of years, and most importantly has a yard of pace over both Ward and Whitbread.Another player who I have a lot of time for from West Ham is Jonathan Spector who plays mainly as a right back. We only have one right back, we need another, Spector is only 25 - same age as Russell Martin - hard to believe because it seems he has been around yonks but he has the best years ahead of him. This bloke is a full United States international, which Zak Whitbread hasn''t managed yet. Avram Grant played him in Midfield which as a bit odd. This bloke can play attacking passing football, he came through at Man Utd when David Fox was there- all Man Utd alumni can pass the ball, if there is one thing they can do it is that. Another former Man United youth player without a club is the midfielder David Jones who has failed to agree a contract with Wolves, although he was offered one so they must rate him. Yet another grafter and ball player, I thought this bloke was top notch in the Wolves promotion season and has never looked out of place when given a chance in the first team. Before anybody moans about him being a Wolves reject, so was Andrew Surman, both went for £1.2m fees too. I reckon Jones is good value for that £1.2m at 26 years old and having represented England Under 21''s. Not sure whether we need any bodies in the middle of the park, but it can be assumed that Stephen Hughes and Owain Tudor Jones won''t be put in the 25 and Gill has already gone, so we might do. Again, this player knows where the net is.Anyway, just a few ideas. I can see why Gera and Gabbidon wouldn''t appeal to Lambert, he likes players who are still young enough to learn and be moulded. But Spector and Jones are the right age! And can we really say no to Reo-Coker? Can we really let the scum get him? Really?

Tamir Cohen would defiantly be my free agent choice, really need someone with some bite in the middle of the park. I guess that is supposed to be Johnson, i just cant judge Johnson as i do not remember him at all from any Leeds games and living in Leeds al the supporters don''t seem to mine he has left, most actually prefered Kilkenny

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Spector and Reo-Coker! Both would suit us fine! I would go for these two...[/quote]

Personally I wouldnt take either - Spector has 1 or 2 good games but on the whole inconsistent and Nigel Mediocre is just poor - plus didnt he have an attitude problem recently that upset the apple cart? Exactly what we dont need when banking on our team spirit to help out.

Gabiddon could be a good shout.

Would have liked to see Sean St.Ledger come here but Leicester have snapped him up. Good player and doesnt look out of place internationally.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Spector and Reo-Coker! Both would suit us fine! I would go for these two...[/quote]

Personally I wouldnt take either - Spector has 1 or 2 good games but on the whole inconsistent and Nigel Mediocre is just poor - plus didnt he have an attitude problem recently that upset the apple cart? Exactly what we dont need when banking on our team spirit to help out.

Would have liked to see Sean St.Ledger come here but Leicester have snapped him up. Good player and doesnt look out of place internationally.

[/quote]WoW you sould like you know what your talking about, Danny Gabiddon is SHOCKING and Sean St Ledger is one of the most disruptive influences to a changing room ever, so how can you say that about Reo-Coker?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

WoW you sould like you know what your talking about, Danny Gabiddon is SHOCKING and Sean St Ledger is one of the most disruptive influences to a changing room ever, so how can you say that about Reo-Coker?
[/quote]

It would be boring if everyone had the same opinions though wouldnt it? Or is that how you like it in your perfect little world?