Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfan

Cody

Very interesting tweet from Darragh Macanthony "Have tried to buy CMD for 6 weeks.Norwich want over 550 grand. Dont

think he has ever played for them..Good luck to them with that price."Confirming Peterborough interest in him & that his asking price is obviously more then the 550k they offered. I wonder what we''re valuing him at? I can''t see him being worth any more then 750k imo.

They wanted £3m for a L1 striker, £750k seems like a fair price for L2. Football gone mad.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]How refreshing, another Cody McDonald thread. ;-)[/quote]

just when you thought it was safe to switch on again

£550k seems a perfectly fair price to me, for a player that scored 25-odd goals in league 2 last season.

Firstly, he scored 4 (I think) goals, many vital, for us during our League 1 season. He also scored 1 in our Champ relegation season.

He IS our player Darragh - the fact he scored 25 goals whilst loaned to another team last season is purely irrelevant!!! We own the player, and it is our perogative to do what we want with him. We aint gonna give him away, so as your dear old Director of Football may well say, show us the money!!! You''ve got £2.5m to play with so pay up!!!! Shoe now on the other foot eh?

Ketle calling the pot black much? Perhaps we are using ''Barry Fry Inc; profesional footballer valuators'' to put a price on various individuals in our squad [:P]

If Peterboro want him we should pretend other parties are interested and try to start an auction whilst going to London Road and re-locating the upright sections of their goals.

Apparently, Barry Fry is a contestant on ''Cash in the Attic'' this week following hard on his appearence for the red team in ''Bargain Hunt'' only last month.

Barry Fry is like a second hand car salesman, and McAnthony isn''t much better.

They held clubs to ransom over Mackail-Smith, then he went to Brighton! Ha, maybe Cody should head to the south coast too...that would annoy the ''Posh''!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]How refreshing, another Cody McDonald thread. ;-)[/quote]

To be fair though, it is actually ''news''.

What DM is failing to understand is that we have 37 club interested in Cody and its quite possible that the Old Firm duo might enter the fray. He is nailed on for a "fantastic move" this summer and will have much better options if he bides his time!

Lol - the irony is delicious.

Joking aside if CMS is worth £3m then we are well within our rights to hold out for more than £550K for a player with an equvalent strike rate just one division lower. Plus we don''t need to sell.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]When we eventually sell him I think McN should come out and tell the press how Cody "rejected" a move to Peterborough......[/quote][Y]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I''ve got a feeling he will end up at Huddersfield as part of Pilkington deal. No info or source just a hunch.[/quote]

Quite possible, but I would prefer McNamee to be used. I think we could get more for Cody in the open market.

Who really cares just how many Cody threads there are?  Doesn''t bother me in the slightest and I see these complaints as nitpicking bollocks. Especially as there seems to be as many posts complaining about Cody threads as there are constructive comments about the fate of the player.

I think that he should be pretty high profile at the moment. His feats at Gillingham were outstanding and the dilemna about whether we should cash in or persevere is one of the major club issues at the moment. This thread is made all the more interesting due to the irony of the fact that it is Peterborough who are the club involved. 

Don''t want to read about him, don''t click.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I''ve got a feeling he will end up at Huddersfield as part of Pilkington deal. No info or source just a hunch.[/quote]

Quite possible, but I would prefer McNamee to be used. I think we could get more for Cody in the open market.

Who really cares just how many Cody threads there are?  Doesn''t bother me in the slightest and I see these complaints as nitpicking bollocks. Especially as there seems to be as many posts complaining about Cody threads as there are constructive comments about the fate of the player.

I think that he should be pretty high profile at the moment. His feats at Gillingham were outstanding and the dilemna about whether we should cash in or persevere is one of the major club issues at the moment. This thread is made all the more interesting due to the irony of the fact that it is Peterborough who are the club involved. 

[quote user="spencer 1970"]blimey! A Cody thread 9 posts deep and no Paul Moy? He must be on holiday, surely?[/quote]

Yes, he''s probably off shafting his way around South America or the more interesting bits of Eastern Europe - lucky b*stard!

Or maybe he''s looking for potential moves for Cody..

All players have their price but it would appear that Lambert knows that giving him away would be a mistake especially as he is one of our few forwards with proven pace,  and also has the potential to score goals at Prem level. I think he will keep him unless a ''silly'' offer comes in as there are clearly others in our squad that are not as good at scoring goals as him, such as Oli, Wilbraham and Martin. 

[quote user="paul moy"]there are clearly others in our squad that are not as good at scoring goals as him, such as Oli, Wilbraham and Martin. [/quote]To be fair, Martin scored as many goals in League One as Cody scored in League Two. He also showed a great understanding with Holt and Hoolahan. Oli and Wilbraham should be moved on ASAP.IMO we should extend Cody''s contract for a year and send him out on loan at League One or Championship level – then next summer we will be able to decide whether he really does have top-flight potential or whether last season was a flash in the pan.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="paul moy"]there are clearly others in our squad that are not as good at scoring goals as him, such as Oli, Wilbraham and Martin. [/quote]
To be fair, Martin scored as many goals in League One as Cody scored in League Two. He also showed a great understanding with Holt and Hoolahan. Oli and Wilbraham should be moved on ASAP.

IMO we should extend Cody''s contract for a year and send him out on loan at League One or Championship level – then next summer we will be able to decide whether he really does have top-flight potential or whether last season was a flash in the pan.
[/quote]

Martin scored 17 League 1 goals in a full season (not counting Cup goals), whereas Cody scored 25 in League 2 after missing the first month last season through a foot injury. Martin also scored those in a title-winning side whereas Cody was in a side that failed to make the play-offs. I''d back Cody to score a lot more than Martin given the same time on the pitch at any level.

I personally would agree a price of about 250k with Peterborough, then right at the last second hike the price back up to 550k.

As someone else stated, pot & kettle. Irritating isnt it Fry/McAnthony!!!!!!

Agreed also after just receiving the best part of 3 million surely Posh must understand why we want more for our player - thats business. They have money to spend and if they want our player they will have to spend it and pay what we want. (If we want to sell)

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I personally would agree a price of about 250k with Peterborough, then right at the last second hike the price back up to 550k. As someone else stated, pot & kettle. Irritating isnt it Fry/McAnthony!!!!!![/quote]

...... while leaking details of both the offer and revised price to the press, along with fairytales about the huge queue of clubs looking to counter bid.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

My comment was meerly tonge in cheek. But seriously it baffles me that you and many others consider this high profile! We are bound to lose players pre season who we may feel haven''t reached their potential yet. But that''s football! Wolves got rid of Bennett; Pilkington and Fox were both on Man Utd''s books! I dare say Lambert probably feels Cody isn''t going to achieve his true potential here.

I''d consider adequately covering defensive positions and getting in another goalkeeper as a "major club issue at the moment" as you put it!  

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Personally if Peterbrough are interested in Cody Mac then I place a valuation of £2.5m rising to £3m on him.[/quote]And then tell them to flip off at the last minute.

[quote user="paul moy"] All players have their price but it would appear that Lambert knows that giving him away would be a mistake especially as he is one of our few forwards with proven pace, [/quote]

The other two being Vaughan and Morison who are both quicker than MacDonald and ahead of him in PL''s plans.

[quote user="paul moy"] ...and also has the potential to score goals at Prem level. I think he will keep him unless a ''silly'' offer comes in as there are clearly others in our squad that are not as good at scoring goals as him, such as Oli, Wilbraham and Martin. [/quote]

Agreed on Oli, same with Wilbraham although he is a different kettle of fish altogether. I would say that Martin is ahead of MacDonald though due to his better reading of the game and his versatility.