Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Peterborough are really starting to....

....Eff me off. Starting off with Barry ''face of the lower leagues'' Fry, and his goalpost moving over CMS. Then the ''''CMS  turned down NCFC and QPR'''' nonsense. And now, we have Darragh McAnthony tweeting that he''s been trying to buy Cody but we''re taking the mick...?  stating he''s not even played for us hardly....If he''d done any player research he would know he''d played for us and scored, as pointed out by pink un.   How dare they charge 3.25 million for a lower league player, and then baulk at half a million for an up and coming, free scoring player? What have we done to deserve these annoying little attacks in the media from them? I thought we''d done some good business over the years.I think they have got a bit too big for their boots.

They are looking like a side that will go down again if they are not careful. I would be worried if my leading striker wanted to leave them for Brighton

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]They are looking like a side that will go down again if they are not careful. I would be worried if my leading striker wanted to leave them for Brighton[/quote]To say that this is a sign of lack of ambition is an understatement!I wish I knew a Peterboro fan to find out what they think of this bizarre move.

"Anyway, West Ham then sent me an email with an offer from (co-owner) David Sullivan which almost made me fall off my chair.

"It was more than Leicester offered, although as I am a man of my word and had accepted Leicester''s bid, I was never going to renege on them.

you mean like acepting a bid then moving the goalpost? hmmmmm

With a good goal-scoring season in the Champs under his belt, Cody will be worth 2-3 million next season.  I think this is just a negotiating stance by Peterboro and they will eventually get him, sadly.

Glad i''m not the only one getting annoyed with P''boro, they are acting like spoilt brats just recently.

I still think we are in the driving seat here. A lot of other clubs are interested in Cody by the looks of things and Peterborough are desperate for a striker. We could well beat Fry and MacAnthony at their own game here. Which would be very sweet indeed

They are becoming the new Colchester. Thinking they are a big noise because we didn''t pay what they wanted for CMS in Jan. Also the promotion to the championship to boot and chasing of Cody.

In reality they resemble a blue bottle fly just buzzing around errantly pi55ing people off until someone gets a rolled up newspaper out. That will probably be the end of the season when they are relegated back to L1. Whack!

What goes around comes around Mr McAnthony , Fry & Ferguson.

I would suspect that they are in danger of pi$$sing off most of the football league clubs with such outrageous statements .They could find themselves finding it very difficult sell or sign players at this rate.

By all accounts not very nice people to do business with .[:@]

not to sure on the details but there chairman is mixed up in some timeshare problems which according to what i heard will probably mean big problems for him and possibly Peterborough FC

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]They are becoming the new Colchester. Thinking they are a big noise because we didn''t pay what they wanted for CMS in Jan. Also the promotion to the championship to boot and chasing of Cody. In reality they resemble a blue bottle fly just buzzing around errantly pi55ing people off until someone gets a rolled up newspaper out. That will probably be the end of the season when they are relegated back to L1. Whack![/quote]

To be honest that was one of the things that hurt the most about going down to league 1 in the first place. That Peterborough were then in the league above us. Thankfully order has been restored.

With a bit of nepotism thrown in for good measure, P''boro have just signed Nicky Ajose from ManUre.

Wonder whether he''s their replacement for CMS, and they''re no longer after Cody.

Market stall traders.

I feel sorry for Fergie Jnr having to go back there, he didn''t exactly get on with them first time around but is doing a great job all things considered.

It must be embarrassing listening to all that hot air!

Good to see im not blowing steam out of ears every time the word Peterborough pops up in front of me for no reason. Sadly the media is not the sort of thing you can ignore..But.. whats got me thinking more now is whether or not its worth selling Cody for half a mill.? I believe he could be a real prospect and as someone said, loan him out a few more seasons, with a stretch in the championship. If he has a good one, he could make it here as we may well be back down there, or make a few million on him. reckon its more worth keeping him?

Peterborogh united are the "Trotters independent trading" of football teams...ignore the silly little outfit.. they will be league 1 for years and years soon.

I find them quite amusing, it''s like a mixture of Fools and Horses meets Eastenders.  All dodgy dealing and neither the chairman or Fry having any clue of the real world lol

[quote user="nu_matik"]Good to see im not blowing steam out of ears every time the word Peterborough pops up in front of me for no reason. Sadly the media is not the sort of thing you can ignore..But.. whats got me thinking more now is whether or not its worth selling Cody for half a mill.? I believe he could be a real prospect and as someone said, loan him out a few more seasons, with a stretch in the championship. If he has a good one, he could make it here as we may well be back down there, or make a few million on him. reckon its more worth keeping him?
[/quote]

You have to remember he has only got 12 months to run on his current deal. He has been relatively late starter in terms of professional football, so I can''t think that the idea of hanging around here on the off chance we will give him some game time would appeal to him. Our best option I still think is to try and get a decent price for him this summer. We have Holt, Jackson, Morison and Vaughan as our frontline options. For me Chris Martin could also do a pretty decent job as the 5th striker so we are looking decent in that department. In short I guess, I am trying to say if he is still here in August I would be genuinely surprised.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"][quote user="morty"]Totally agree, I have really started to dislike Fry recently.
[/quote] I''ve always disliked that fat cockney![/quote]

I think you''ll find that Barry Fry was born in Bedford.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"][quote user="morty"]Totally agree, I have really started to dislike Fry recently.
[/quote] I''ve always disliked that fat cockney![/quote]

I think you''ll find that Barry Fry was born in Bedford.

[/quote]

You''ve just looked at Wiki?! Right

To keep you happy Cockney wannabe.

Still a tnuc!

I still remember him at Birmingham urinatng in all 4 corners of St Andrews and removing a curse on the ground as they weren''t winning at the time. He''ll need bucket fulls of the stuff at Peterborough next season if he still believes the same theories.

I don''t know if this will work from my phone

[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/BAZZAFRY.jpg[/IMG]

Didn''t like working from my phone, here it is.[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/BAZZAFRY.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Harry"]Didn''t like working from my phone, here it is.[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/BAZZAFRY.jpg[/IMG][/quote]Nice one Harry.Now if you could just change the '' Peckham '' to '' Peterborough ''......

There you go.[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/NEWBAZZAFRY.jpg[/IMG]

Peterbrough and Fry are starting to piss me off too bigtime.