Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Loan Players.....

I know this topic has been hashed over several times in other threads but with Ashton seemingly in the bag this seemed like the right time to open the discussion up again.

Splashing out another £3M on another Championship striker doesn''t seem like a sensible thing to do.

I think Worthy should try to bring an experienced Premier League striker on loan to show Ashton and McKenzie the ropes at the Premier League level. Names that come to mind who may or may not be available - Shearer (wages outside of our range), Sheringham, Campbell (gone to WBA), Ferdinand (gone to Leicester).

The alternative is to use our second domestic loan slot on an experienced midfield player who is not getting playing time with an existing Premiership outfit. The sort of player I''d be looking for would be a Carrick/Gerrard/Lampard type of player.

How many overseas players can come in on loan?

Duncan Ferguson?He''s a bit of a nutcase but he knows what he''s got to do to score and is well experienced.

Irrespective of the supplying clubs nationality we can only have 1 long term loanee (in addition to Bents) and some 91 days max short term loans (yes thats not through to the end of the season).

I agree entirely that some experience is needed, whether that is central midfield, attack or defence. I dont know who fits the bill in central midfield but Richards or Henchoz could be OK while Sheringham is a definite no-no up front. Big Dunc fills me with dread though and having lost campbell I cant see another player leaving Everton - and his wages are something stupid like £60k pw.

OTBC

Signing Duncan Ferguson could well cost us a place in Europe next season.  At the moment we are on target for the Fair Play entry to Europe, that will not happen if we sign Big Dunc