Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

The Norwich City Way to Succeed in the Premiership

Obviously PL, whom I trust implicitly, has a plan. Shunning the high priced, proven Premiership talent, he has opted for those players who fit his mold, and can play his way from the lower divisions.

Here''s my question: in terms of raw talent, how much more technically skilled is a Premiership player than the top players in League One and the Championship? PL obviously believes in the team concept, and that a team on the same wavelength is destined to succeed more than a patchwork squad of Premiership hand-me -downs.

Part of his plan working is getting these players into training asap, giving them time to gel so that they can play as a finely tuned machine as opposed to individual stars confused with their new surroundings.

I think it''s exciting. It''s what has gotten us to the Premiership and I for one am glad we aren''t wasting money on "proven Premiership talent" that wasn''t enough to prevent their team from relegation ( see Blackpool, West Ham and Birmingham castoffs).

Technically I think the players are better because instead of a top Championship player having two or three goes at something before they pull it off a Premiership player will do it first time.  However this doesn''t mean Championship players cant make the step up, it just means they need to be on their game more regularly.  If we have an off day we will get punished no doubt.  Seeing as we don''t have any world class players or any proven Premiership players what we have to do is work as a unit.  Attack together and defend together.  If you go up and do that you will stay up, to do that though you need to have a top quality manager and coaching staff and we have that which is why I think we''ll stay up.

Clearly there is a Master Plan developing......buy loads of really good attacking players from the lower leagues and work on the principle that if we are camped around their penalty area they can''t score! Brilliant! Imagine how we''ll all feel if it works. I certainly prefer this approach to Worthington''s plan to bring in a few Scandinavian "Has Beens" and wait to prove Doncaster''s relegation budget correct.

The premiership is littered with excellent players who have made the step up from the lower divisions who had heard of charlie Adam 2 years ago, he is now a £9m players with Liverpool. we will stand or fall on how this group perform, some will do well others will not but this is the only way forward a club like Norwich can follow

People saying that we need proven Premiership players is doing my head in. Birmingham had more than their fair share and where did it get them?

if unusual avenue of doing our shopping as a Premiership club, it would have to be hailed a genius. You''d then have to ask as to why everyone else isn''t doing it?, although a lot of course would be down to our coaching staff''s ability to develop players/

In the worst case scenario that we get relegated, I suppose what we have created is a "future proof" squad that will without question be a force in the championship the season after next, as you wouldn''t imagine to many of them either being poached nor whose wages would bankrupt us.

An odd question, I know given that we finished runners up last season but where do you think the squad as it stands now would fare in the championship this forthcoming season ??

[quote user="claud"]People saying that we need proven Premiership players is doing my head in. Birmingham had more than their fair share and where did it get them?[/quote]

And Blackpool had none, where did it get them?

I totally agree and cant wait for all our hungry and ''unproven'' (at this level) players to go and show the rest of the Premier League just what they are capable of....

I firmly believe we will prove the many pundits and doubters wrong and go on to finish around the middle of the table.. bring it on!!!

In Lambert We Trust !!!!!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="claud"]People saying that we need proven Premiership players is doing my head in. Birmingham had more than their fair share and where did it get them?[/quote]

And Blackpool had none, where did it get them?

[/quote]

Exactly. There is no formula to Premiership survival for newly promoted or existing teams, and no team is too big or small to be relegated.

This squad would win the Championship at a canter in my opinion. We''ve not lost anything from our main side of last season (excluding perhaps Lansbury and later Pacheco), but have added even more depth, and a host of different attacking options.

McNamee aside, we didn''t have wingers last year. We now have two goal-scoring wingers in addition to him, as well as two further strikers.

From my memory the Ipswich side that nearly qualified for the Champions League didn''t have a great deal of established PL players in it & it was only when they started shopping for bigger names that they slipped up.

...and the same for West Ham