Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

CMS goes to Brighton

Oh dear, what a shame...What a loss.I am sure that we will have to rely on Cody and get another striker in from elsewhere now, seeing as Holty, Morison, Vaughan, Jacko and Martin quite clearly won''t cut it in the Prem??? [:^)]

Haha what a bizare move, can''t imagine they offered more than we did in January, that will teach the fat man!

am i the only one who would have loved to see him come to norwich ??? nothing against them but he is far better than c martin , oli oli oli , wilba . would have definately scored goals.

[quote user="ziggy"]am i the only one who would have loved to see him come to norwich ??? nothing against them but he is far better than c martin , oli oli oli , wilba . would have definately scored goals.[/quote]But Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Morison and pitentially Pilkington are all even better. We do not need to waste money on another striker that could be better spent elsewhere. Also Chrissy is in a completely dfferent bracket to Oli & Wilby so please don''t group him with them.

[quote user="ziggy"]am i the only one who would have loved to see him come to norwich ??? nothing against them but he is far better than c martin , oli oli oli , wilba . would have definately scored goals.[/quote]

The best place for him is the Championship, he doesnt put away a high enough percentage of the chances he gets atm.

This whole CMS transfer saga has been a complete farce......I''m pretty sure that the player was desperate to join Norwich City before the end of last season but because of Barry Fry''s interference that came to nothing and now he''s ended up where no one, including the player himself, ever thought he would..... newly promoted Brighton. To be honest it''s a brilliant piece of work by Gus Poyet but if a Premiership club couldn''t be further tempted then I''m puzzled as to why CMS didn''t fancy moving to a Championship club such as West Ham or Leicester.The whole sorry mess is perhaps best summed up by today''s '' Peterborough Evening Telegraph ''. Like the '' EEN '' this paper hits the streets first thing in the morning but in it the Posh chairman says, " We have accepted two bids - from West Ham and Leicester......Brighton came to the table with a strong offer but it wasn''t anywhere near as strong as Leicester ".CMS signs for Brighton.....

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I''m not bemoaning the fact he''s gone elsewhere - just observing Peterborough have sold him to a team in the same league as them![/quote]

Could CMS be a closet gay so the move wasn''t down to footballing reasons.Can''t think of any other reason why CMS would make so much fuss to leave Peterborough only to join Brighton..

I don''t think it was CMS making a fuss, he hasn''t done anything wrong from where I''m standing. Peterborough are probably the smallest team in the Championship now and he''s put in a good few years there. It''s been Fry who has been making a fuss and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself, but unfortunately that man has no shame.

We obviously lost interest after Fry messed us around last season. The owners of QPR didn''t want him at their club even if their manager did. West Ham are a mess, Leicester are buying so many players who''d know if he''d even get a game.

Brighton are a great team with probably the best young manager after Lambert in Poyet. They have an absolutely magnificent new stadium and an owner who has both deep pockets and a love of the club. I don''t think they''re going to do a ''Norwich'' next season, there''s a reason that it has only been done about once a decade, but they''re definitely a team on the up and I expect them to finish comfortably in the top half next season and CMS can be a big part of that.

[quote user="The Young One"]
Can''t think of any other reason why CMS would make so much fuss to leave Peterborough only to join Brighton..
[/quote]

But to be fair to the lad it wasn''t him making a fuss, it was Fry who auctioned him off and spilled his guts to the papers everyday.

Why has he gone to Brighton you ask, up and coming young manager in Poyet, they''ve given him a 4yr deal, 17000 ST holders already, a new stadium and a decent wage, so why not?

Good move for him. He wouldnt get a game at Leicester, and at Brighton he''s got a chance of becoming a star for a club that are definately on the up. I would''nt be surprised if they''re not far off the play offs next season.With Gus Poyet as manager and the anticipation of Brighton finally moving to the new stadium they''ve deserved for so many years, I can see why he choose Brighton above Leics / West Ham / QPR (God only know what''s happening there?!) etc.Would''ve liked to have seen him here but think we''ve got a very good blend of strikers / attacking midfielders as it is (including hopefully Pilkington) and remaining money needs to be invested in a central defender (Chambers please!)

[quote user="Mahogany"]I don''t think it was CMS making a fuss, he hasn''t done anything wrong from where I''m standing. Peterborough are probably the smallest team in the Championship now and he''s put in a good few years there. It''s been Fry who has been making a fuss and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself, but unfortunately that man has no shame.

We obviously lost interest after Fry messed us around last season. The owners of QPR didn''t want him at their club even if their manager did. West Ham are a mess, Leicester are buying so many players who''d know if he''d even get a game.

Brighton are a great team with probably the best young manager after Lambert in Poyet. They have an absolutely magnificent new stadium and an owner who has both deep pockets and a love of the club. I don''t think they''re going to do a ''Norwich'' next season, there''s a reason that it has only been done about once a decade, but they''re definitely a team on the up and I expect them to finish comfortably in the top half next season and CMS can be a big part of that.[/quote]Good post, I,m just surprised he went to Brighton if he had Premiership aspirations but it would seem as you say it was Fry all along

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="The Young One"]
Can''t think of any other reason why CMS would make so much fuss to leave Peterborough only to join Brighton..
[/quote]

But to be fair to the lad it wasn''t him making a fuss, it was Fry who auctioned him off and spilled his guts to the papers everyday.

Why has he gone to Brighton you ask, up and coming young manager in Poyet, they''ve given him a 4yr deal, 17000 ST holders already, a new stadium and a decent wage, so why not?

[/quote]

Spot on CA. Brighton seem to have taken great heart from what we achieved last season. I saw the CMS interview this evening and he twice mentioned what we did last season. Brighton is a club which is most definitely on an upward spiral.

There is less pressure on him as well, With West ham and Leicester the expectations would be greater. Perhaps though the fact that he has chosen Brighton is a give away to his self belief.

H

Lets face you can''t sign for someone if they don''t put in a bid for you. Barry Fry claimed that MacKail Smith had rejected a move to Norwich during this window. However as McNally has said the truth is that we actually ended our interest back in March. Its pretty likely that West Ham and QPR''s interest was also pure fabrication. Hence Brighton stepped in. I am delighted we didn''t play ball. Fry has come out of this looking rather silly.

West Ham were definitely in for him, Big Sam was talking about it this morning. Made a fantastic offer apparently.

Also he was one of Warnock''s first choices but the QPR board blocked it.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]West Ham were definitely in for him, Big Sam was talking about it this morning. Made a fantastic offer apparently.

Also he was one of Warnock''s first choices but the QPR board blocked it.[/quote]

Where was Big sam talking about this? ..I heard him on the radio saying,he hadnt made any bids for players,but expects to see some buiness completed in the nect couple of weeks!

And only a nugget would believe Warnock would take interference from the board like that!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

Also he was one of Warnock''s first choices but the QPR board blocked it.[/quote]

Correct,

CMS + agent did all the meetings with Warnock etc agreed everything, then QPR board / owner said not backing the manager.

Couldnt happen to a better manager!

IMPLODING......

Seems a strange move for the player to me. I thought he would be a decent signing but this just surprises me he''s decided on Brighton of all places, i know they have a new stadium and i''m sure in a few years time they will quite possibly be pushing for another promotion. But it seems he wanted to go somewhere where he was guaranteed a starting place and be the star player rather than being confident of competing and winning a place in a so called bigger side. If he was in his early 20''s i would have understood it, odd decision imo. We might have just dodged a bullet.

[quote user="General Melchett"]Perhaps he wanted to live by the sea in an open minded and creative community.[/quote]

To be totally honest if I was CMS and had to choose between living near Leicester, West Spam or QPR or Brighton I would choose Brighton every time and No I,m not gay it''s just a far far better place to live and if he was looking at a future family Brighton would be the better place to live.With some people footballing reasons and/or money isn''t always top of the agenda.Footballing reasons you would pick QPR then Leicester and West ham then Brighton.Sometimes it''s this simple.

Perhaps it could be down to the fact that Poyet has stated that he would build the team around him whereas at Leicester and West Ham he would have to fight for the right to play.

H