Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

How is this pronounced?

Manure fans in work say "The Late" but their Belgian knowledge amounts to beer and chocs.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="TheJarrold"]I thought it was ''De Lat'' ![/quote]Same! [Y][/quote]Agreed this is how its pronounced.

I think it''s best to wait and see how they mangle the pronunciation on MOTD...............and then do the exact opposite [:D]

[quote user="Wings of a Wizard"]I Googled it:

The best way to pronounce his name correct(sic) would be like De Laet = "The Lath" (as in bath).[/quote]

Trouble is - do we say "The Lath" as in bath the way they say it in Manchester? ie "bath" to rhyme with "math" or "Kath", OR do we say it as it is pronounced in the south of England - "bath" to rhyme with "Darth" ?

I think most of us will say "De Layt"

So long as he gives his all and can defend I don''t care - and hope he doesn''t!

[quote user="Daphne "][quote user="Wings of a Wizard"]I Googled it: The best way to pronounce his name correct(sic) would be like De Laet = "The Lath" (as in bath).[/quote] Trouble is - do we say "The Lath" as in bath the way they say it in Manchester? ie "bath" to rhyme with "math" or "Kath", OR do we say it as it is pronounced in the south of England - "bath" to rhyme with "Darth" ? I think most of us will say "De Layt" So long as he gives his all and can defend I don''t care - and hope he doesn''t![/quote]

You mean like some say pootaytoe and some say potarto?

that rhyme has always confused me - who, in the history of the English language, has ever pronounced potato as potarto?

i''m sure De Laet is pronounced der lat 

Can I refer you to Chris Goreham''s joke, the morning after we signed him.

Paul Lambert was in two minds whether to sign him or a recently retired Man Utd defender. In the end he decided it was ''better De Laet than Neville''.

[quote user="ncfc_tooze"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]We''ll find out at 4.30pm today...[/quote]

Why Pete whats at half four today[/quote]Presser with the three new boys and Lambert.