Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Are we already planning for 2012 - 2013?

Looking at our signings so far would it be fair to say that we are already planning for 2012-2013?

At least as much as we are planning for next season?

If so, will it prove to be a dangerous strategy? Only time will tell..................

I understand your point, but the aim of signing a player is to improve your team / squad.  Each signing will have done that. 

If you look at the players that have been shipped out already, and no doubt a couple more to be added before the start of the season then you will see a big improvement being made.  We also can''t afford to create key players, everyone needs to pull their weight.

The strategy will see us to mid table in my opinion.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Looking at our signings so far would it be fair to say that we are already planning for 2012-2013?

If so, will it prove to be a dangerous strategy? Only time will tell..................

[/quote]

Lambert is covering every eventuality,he has beefed up the side, introduced players in all positions that can score, especially from outside the box and will be building a strong squad.

Tactics and formation wil be the key to us staying in the Prem, and a bit of lady luck.

H.

Let''s quickly compare our dealings with the other two promoted sides. As it stands, we are the only club who have more players than when last season ended. QPR and Swansea have both released more than they have signed so far so their squads have not improved. Our squad is unquestionably stronger and deeper than it was 6 weeks ago. This prepares us for the PL and, because Lambert isn''t signing players who believe it is their birthright to play in the PL, we will be less likely to lose too many players should we be relegated.

Lambert is a genius who is putting us in as strong a position as possible, both for the short and long term.

We are covering our options. If the squad do not make the jump up then we get relegated and we have a top championship squad to try and bounce back. If as expected a reasonable percentage of these players do blosom then we could be in for happy times as we would probably survive, the ones that did not make the jump would be eased out with more additions in the next close season

[quote user="drury''s dodgy knee"]Let''s quickly compare our dealings with the other two promoted sides. As it stands, we are the only club who have more players than when last season ended. QPR and Swansea have both released more than they have signed so far so their squads have not improved. Our squad is unquestionably stronger and deeper than it was 6 weeks ago. This prepares us for the PL and, because Lambert isn''t signing players who believe it is their birthright to play in the PL, we will be less likely to lose too many players should we be relegated. Lambert is a genius who is putting us in as strong a position as possible, both for the short and long term.[/quote]

I completely agree - well said!

Looking at all the players brought in, apart from the loan all the rest of them have come from Promotion challenging sides, So they know what to expect in the next level and I think that they will perform and keep us in the prem. 

Strange post. Do you think Martin O''Neil was planning for a season in the league below when he bought Guppy, Izzet, Lennon and Savage at Leicester? Young hungry players who didnt make it in the Prem with their first clubs? Lambert is looking for hardworking gems to win points off teams such as Blackburn, Wigan and Swansea etc. To suggest he is thinking about the Championship is nuts!

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Strange post. Do you think Martin O''Neil was planning for a season in the league below when he bought Guppy, Izzet, Lennon and Savage at Leicester? Young hungry players who didnt make it in the Prem with their first clubs? Lambert is looking for hardworking gems to win points off teams such as Blackburn, Wigan and Swansea etc. To suggest he is thinking about the Championship is nuts![/quote]

While I agree with that, I think that the way in which the squad is being constructed is very prudent. Obviously the aim is to stay up and we are signing young, hungry players with potential and the right attitude, but, as Yorkshire points out, should the worst happen we would have an excellent squad, within which, inevitably, one or more players will have done a Charlie Adam, meaning that, with most on three year deals, we would command top dollar if they were offered the chance to stay in the Prem . This, with parachute payments, would allow us to repeat this year''s process of hoovering up lower league potential.

It''s not a question of defeatism, just realpolitik, and it shows that the club is in good hands. We haven''t broken the bank or provided a rest home for fading stars and that will stand us in really good stead going forward, because we''re not betting the homestead on what happens this season.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Looking at our signings so far would it be fair to say that we are already planning for 2012-2013?

[/quote]Relegation = failure!

In Lambert''s world, failure is not an option. He will be sending out young, super-fit, hungry teams with no little skill, to get the points needed for safety as early as possible. The words he uses in interviews will be much more cautious than the actions he takes on the pitch.

If you look at the new signings, there are five strikers and midfielders and only one defender added to an already attack minded squad. This doesn''t suggest that we will be going to places like old Trafford or Stamford Bridge to try to sneak a 0-0 draw. Lambert doesn''t do things that way. This team is capable of retaining possession for long periods but in their opponents faces when they lose it He knows that reputations count for nothing and no matter what a player costs, what wages he''s on or how skillful he is, if he can''t get the ball off you, they''re helpless.

Paul Lambert is building a side to compete with the very best so prepare yourselves for an exhilarating and unforgettable ride

The Busby Babes are history. The Premier League is about to meet.....Lambert''s Lions. [<:o)]  

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Looking at our signings so far would it be fair to say that we are already planning for 2012-2013?

[/quote]Relegation = failure!

In Lambert''s world, failure is not an option. He will be sending out young, super-fit, hungry teams with no little skill, to get the points needed for safety as early as possible. The words he uses in interviews will be much more cautious than the actions he takes on the pitch.

If you look at the new signings, there are five strikers and midfielders and only one defender added to an already attack minded squad. This doesn''t suggest that we will be going to places like old Trafford or Stamford Bridge to try to sneak a 0-0 draw. Lambert doesn''t do things that way. This team is capable of retaining possession for long periods but in their opponents faces when they lose it He knows that reputations count for nothing and no matter what a player costs, what wages he''s on or how skillful he is, if he can''t get the ball off you, they''re helpless.

Paul Lambert is building a side to compete with the very best so prepare yourselves for an exhilarating and unforgettable ride

The Busby Babes are history. The Premier League is about to meet.....Lambert''s Lions. [<:o)]  

[/quote]

Bloody hell Lapp, have you been drinking with smudger again?[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Bloody hell Lapp, have you been drinking with smudger again?[;)]

[/quote]Lol!  I''ve always been positive Beauseant as you should know, whereas smudger is very changeable to say the least. I just feel so much more confident this time than I did in 2004/5 (even with the useless signings and crap keeper that smudger keeps telling us about). [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Bloody hell Lapp, have you been drinking with smudger again?[;)]

[/quote]Lol!  I''ve always been positive Beauseant as you should know, whereas smudger is very changeable to say the least. I just feel so much more confident this time than I did in 2004/5 (even with the useless signings and crap keeper that smudger keeps telling us about). [;)]

[/quote]

Me too mate. Very impressed with what''s going on, but don''t knock the Delphic oracle of the lower leagues. After all, didn''t MacNamee turn out to be one of our best players last year? Oh, hang on.....

I''d rather see the type of players we are signing as opposed to the big time charlies we could have signed who would be more likely to be more concerned about how many roastings they could dish out from a Norwich nightclub.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We are covering our options. If the squad do not make the jump up then we get relegated and we have a top championship squad to try and bounce back. If as expected a reasonable percentage of these players do blosom then we could be in for happy times as we would probably survive, the ones that did not make the jump would be eased out with more additions in the next close season[/quote]

And if we go down what happens if a few wish to jump ship because they wish to remain in the Premiership?

But its only an ''if'' because we''re staying up...........but your idea is flawed imo, sorry.

When Paul Lambert was asked about transfers after our promotion to the Premiership,  he said that he would be bringing  in a few new faces to help out those that promoted us.I believe with the players he''s brought in, he''s done just that.Hope the next signing is a defender tho'' !

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]No, I would imagine that Lambert and Mcnally have given no consideration to 2012-13 and they will be very surprised at the end of next year that the world has not ended.Good signings so far, they will have a resale value and they will contribute whatever league we are in for a few years to come.

According to this we are......lolhttp://www.newsbiscuit.com/2011/06/22/norwich-city-sack-manager-ahead-of-next-seasons-relegation/

we know this management team does not do short term plans - so yes I think they are planning for 2012 2013 - that does not mean they are planning to get relegated this year!

From the signings i have seen come in the past few weeks, i have never felt so positive about us staying in this division.

we learnt alot of lessons 6 years ago, and they have certainly been learnt. lambert is going about it the right way.

I am soo excited for the season to start now, and i can see us beating wigan and stoke and getting 6pts on the board!!

OTBC!!!!!