Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Where is all this money coming from?

i told everyone the other day  god bless  mr watling

ashame he did not live long enough to see the day

that city look a force onces moore

Erm, "look a force"?I think not. We are 18th in the division, and starting to get separated from the rest. We are spending good money on the future, but we don''t "look a force" yet.Not by a long shot.However, god bless Mr Watling if this is where the cash is coming from.

there wont be a £6m profit if we ''invest'' it all in the squad or ground

OTBC

THE ROYAL MINT.....Apparently they do notes, coins as well as the odd medal......

Seriously though, Norwich City FC, have been prudent in their dealings, and I salute them for being so....

More signing''s on the horizon methinks.... OTBC ;~)  

1. I doubt very much if it was us who made the bid and if we did would have thought it would have been before we made the Deano bid
  2. We''re obviously using the potential Greeno cash now.  The board know we''ll get £3M minimum even if we go down so we''re spending it now.
  3. Add the £1.2M from the share issue, possible money left over from the summer. Malky deal etc

[quote]there wont be a £6m profit if we ''invest'' it all in the squad or ground OTBC[/quote]

I for one am glad of that.  If we had signed no-one, got relegated and announced that sort of profit I thinks it''s fair to say us fans would be a bit more than disapointed. 

at the end of the day we have the money.
worthy was playing it sly the whole time
Why would you tell your rivals how much money you have, they''ll out price you everytime you ask. if crewe had knownm we had 3 mil they would have asked for 4 mil

I think the funds were always there for release if we were deemed to be in a reasonable position come January.

Remember, Mumby talked about having a number of scenarios covered off before the season kicked off.

Wouldn''t it have been reckless if we''d spent heavily before the season commenced only to find we were still way out of our depth - a la West Brom. Would have been money down the drain.

Equally, were we dead in the water come January, again why spend heavily for no good reason.

But were we to be safe''ish or nearly safe, then realistic investments in January would make good business sense.

Well we''re in January now, we''ve had a good look at the Premiership and it isn''t so scary. We''re still in touch. £5 or $6 million now doesn''t seem reckless to me - and we''ve got collateral in Green - and even Ashton - if it still went very wrong.

To do any less than what I suggest would be the most reckless course of action now.

[quote]i told everyone the other day god bless mr watling ashame he did not live long enough to see the day that city look a force onces moore[/quote]

I''m sorry. That''s rubbish. I have the sources but would be wrong to disclose them.

Chunky

We''ll never know.

Remember, back in August the Premiership was a complete unknown to us. We could have blown £millions and still found ourself adrift.

Better to do what we''ve done, assess the situation mid term and invest if appropriate.