Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Defender

Woodgate has been released by Spurs http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/player-update-070711.html Stoke and Leeds are in for him certainly has the experience that people want, If he can stay of the crutches!

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"][quote user="TheGoogler"]Not entirely sure Matthew Upson is the answer but I agree a defender is needed. I wonder if Sir Alex could be persuaded to also lend us Chris Smalling. I think Ferdinand, Vidic, Jones and Johnny Evans will all be ahead of him in the first team and I think he could do a very good job for us.[/quote]Smalling? He was there first choice centre half after Ferdinand and Vidic and Evans can''t get anywhere near the team. Do your research mate.[/quote]Christ, how sanctimonius are you! This is an internet forum, not an essay - I tend not to do research before every post. All credit to you if you have the time/inclination to do so. I have better things to do.Getting back on track, I happen to think Smalling could be available in the right circumstances. There''s no doubt in my mind as a developing player, Ferguson may want him playing regularly somewhere. I''m not saying it would definitely happen. I''m saying there''s no harm in asking.

Looks like Chambers could be leaving Forest for not a huge fee as he only has 12 months left on his contract. I thought he was one of the best CBs in our division last year. I wonder if we are monitoring the situation.I assume the rumours about Illunga are rubbish as we are well covered in the LB slot.http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/8898/6/reading-set-sights-forest-star-chambers

Some of you on here need a Massive wake up pill if you think were after Smalling, J.Evans,Woodgate, Upson, There is no way lambert will go for these players this season, the only post which seems likely is the Chambers one!!

Think most of you play fifa on x-box or psp3 to much!!

I sense that Lambert will be bringing in a decent defender with some Prem experience and is planning to splash a bit of cash on him.

Smalling is out of the question but I anticipate someone decent to come through the doors.

Smalling has just signed a 5 year contract extension and played 16 times for their first team last season. The idea that he would be loaned out is cloud cuckoo land thinking.