Sign in to follow this  
rebeccaabbott93

One Year On - Your Tributes

Around this time last year, a well loved Norfolk character had been using a local hospitalLess than 24 hours later, it was revealed that Roy Waller had passed away at the age of 69I was hoping that by reading this thread, you could spare a thought for those left behind (Sylvie, his family, friends and colleagues), and post your own belated tribute to the man we all know as the ''Voice of Carrow Road''Roy Waller. 1941 - 6 July 2010

I''m sure he''d be very impressed with the turnaround the club has had. Shame he has missed it. Still miss him when I tune into Radio SNorfolk, although I think Goreham and Adams do a good job, he was like the Murray Walker of Norwich Commentary, and simply will never be replaced.

Radio Norfolk isn''t the same without you Roy and us Norwich fans all miss listening to your enthusiastic opinions on all things Norwich City.

Bet you''re watching over Carrow Road and smiling [:)]

Bet he was looking down on the thousands of city supporters gathered at city hall a few weeks ago and joining in with the singing of "We are premier league"

I used to be an exiled fan and listened to many of Roy''s commentaries over the 12 years I was away on Canaries World, sadly missed.

My Dad used to work at Radio Norfolk and often produced with him, when I was younger I remember kicking a plush football around the offices of Surrey Street at Radio Norfolk, and not really knowing who he was until my Dad told me ''He''s the man you listen to every time Norwich are away''. Great man, great voice. RIP Roy.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]I''m sure he''d be very impressed with the turnaround the club has had. Shame he has missed it. Still miss him when I tune into Radio SNorfolk, although I think Goreham and Adams do a good job, he was like the Murray Walker of Norwich Commentary, and simply will never be replaced.[/quote] hear,hear. a commentating legend.

I also think he''d be very proud of the enthusiasm and passion that Chris Goreham brings to the job. "One has to say" I do miss listening to Roy but Chris has given us some great commentary memories already.RIP R.W.

27 Years of commentary - Legend!

Right from laying in bed in the 80s during midweek kickoffs, through to away games in the 90s during my first years as a season ticket holder... He was the voice that would be rattling out of my speakers.

Big big loss, and not just to us Norwich supporters.

As someone has already said: We done it, Roy! -

Now, who''s gonna make that banner and stretch it across the barclay for our first home game? We owe the ol'' bugger one! :)