Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Alot of players coming in so who's going out?

After all the recent signings we must now be repared to let some players depart who do you think? who would you want to leave? I''d go for

Korey Smith Loaned out
Ademyi Loaned out or sold

Chris Martin Sell

OTJ Sell for a small fee

Oli Johnson Loan out

Cody if he is interested in signing a new contract here then loan out if not sell him now while we can get a fee

Wilbraham Sell for a small fee

then if we can sign another keeper loan out Rudd and get him a season under his belt

Stephen Hughes Sell

Thoughts?

[quote user="COYY!!"]

After all the recent signings we must now be repared to let some players depart who do you think? who would you want to leave? I''d go for

Korey Smith Loaned out

Chris Martin Sell

OTJ Sell for a small fee

Oli Johnson Loan out

Cody if he is interested in signing a new contract here then loan out if not sell him now while we can get a fee

then if we can sign another keeper loan out Rudd and get him a season under his belt

Stephen Hughes Sell

Thoughts?

[/quote

I too get nervous about a squad that is a bit too big and packed with players who will never get a game. It is a drain on valuable resources. All these players are currently getting paid during the off-season. It adds up.

Two or three comments from me, for what it''s worth.

I think Korey will have a game or two in the Premiership, although more senior players will take precedence.

Agree with selling Martin C. I cannot see him in the side next season. He has skills and knows where the goal is, but I feel that he is limited and that the Championship is his level.

I would sell Oli immediately.

I would get what they can for Cody whilst his reputation is high.

I do not think Jackson will crack it either despite his late renaissance. He did,  after all, spend most of last season as a nearly-man.

Sell these four nad a few others and help finance the purchase of a quality striker and an experienced back-up goalkeeper.

Sounds easy doesn''t it. However, the market is awash with unwanted players at the moment, so we may be stuck with one or two or have to resort to pay-offs, again.

[quote user="COYY!!"]

Korey Smith Loaned out

Chris Martin Sell

OTJ Sell for a small fee

Oli Johnson Loan out

Stephen Hughes Sell

Thoughts?

[/quote

I too get nervous about a squad that is a bit too big and packed with players who will never get a game. It is a drain on valuable resources. All these players are currently getting paid during the off-season. It adds up.

I think Korey will have a game or two in the Premiership, although more senior players will take precedence.

Agree with selling Martin C. I cannot see him in the side next season. He has skills and knows where the goal is, but I feel that he is limited and that the Championship is his level.

I do not think Jackson will crack it either despite his late renaissance. He did,  after all, spend most of last season as a nearly-man.

Sell these four nad a few others and help finance the purchase of a quality striker and an experienced back-up goalkeeper.

Sounds easy doesn''t it. However, the market is awash with unwanted players at the moment, so we may be stuck with one or two or have to resort to pay-offs, again.

[quote user="COYY!!"]

Korey Smith Loaned out

Chris Martin Sell

OTJ Sell for a small fee

Oli Johnson Loan out

Stephen Hughes Sell

Thoughts?

[/quote

[quote user="COYY!!"]

Korey Smith Loaned out

Chris Martin Sell

OTJ Sell for a small fee

Oli Johnson Loan out

Stephen Hughes Sell

Thoughts?

[/quote

My guess is that the squad now will be along these lines, unless it''s true that we''re going for Lansbury and we get him in which case I could see Surman leaving maybe..

25 man squad

J Ruddy

D Rudd

New GK cover?

New RB?

R Martin

K Smith

R De Laet

M Tierney

A Drury

E Ward

Z Whitbread

L Barnett

S Lappin

A Surman

A Pilkington

E Bennett

A Crofts

B Johnson

D Fox

W Hoolahan

G Holt

S Jackson

S Morison

J Vaughan

C Martin

Sold/Loaned out

J Steer

S Hughes

T Adeyemi

A Wilbraham

A McNamee

O Johnson

C McDonald

O Tudur Jones

S Smith

M Ball

J Dawkin

G Francomb

Thoughts?

Steven Hughes and Smith are both interested in moves up north, apparently.

Adeyemi and Smith and possibly Johnson will probably both be loaned out, and possibly Rudd if he isn''t deemed ready and we bring in another keeper.

I can''t see McNamee staying, and Wilbraham would be doubtful, although both could be handy to throw on in the dying minutes of games.

OTJ and Daley I would expect to definitely leave and as for Cody Mac, who knows.

Yeah Chris Martin has done well for us but i think its time for him to move on will not cut it in the prem and if we go down i feel the players we have got (if we can keep them) coupled with parachute payments could get better strikers, Steve Smith is another one i completley forgot about him, o loyalty to the club and we should get rid asap however i think we would need another fullback if we do!

Remember as well guys, that we will now be in the Premier Reserve League, and therefore players that stay will still be getting a fair bit of experience under their belts, so the younguns don''t have to be shipped out.

Korey Smith can do a job for us, there will be times when we need put up a brick wall and bring the flair players off. In the 25.

Chris Martin needs to stay, he is different from the other strikers we have. In the 25.

Hughes, decent enough player on the very fringe of the 25 I would say. He cost us nothing so if he finds another club any money we make will be a bonus.

Adeyemi, under 21 so could benefit from a few loan moves this season.

Wilbraham, had a decent record before joining us, the arrival of Morison has made him redundant though and is probably best off seeking a new club.

Oli Johnson, not going to figure here is he? Can''t see us getting much for him either.

Steven Smith, best thing if we can''t sell him would be a season long loan to a Scottish Club which would at least help with his (Premiership) wages.

Owain Tudur Jones, again, probably will not make the 25 so sell or send on a season long loan (when is his contract up?).

Cody McDonald. Tricky, a half-season loan to a Championship Club would be beneficial. If he is knocking in the goals then we can sell him or bring him into the 25 come January 2012.

Anthony McNamee, a few in front of him now. Will be lucky to make the 25 so sell if possible.

Some have little prospect, even if we were relegated again:So they have a saleable value?

OTJ

Oli Johnson

Wilbraham

Some seem to have little interest here, can we sell them?

Hughes

Smith S

Time to loan one or two youngsters:

Adeyemi again

Steer

Problems remain:

Martin C - still youngish, so a fee possible, but I feel he is insurance if one or more of the new signings flops or or is seriously injured

Korey - ditto - unlikely to play much, but will give of his all if required

Cody - most difficult - would he inevitably fail at Premiership level, and like Martin could be insurance.

I would keep Rudd at CR, to be on the bench, where he will learn much, and if Ruddy were injured could fill in for a week or two until an emergency loan keeper could be brought in.

People really are daft if they think four strikers is enough.

Holt, Morrison, Vaughan and Jackson simply are not enough.

One injury and we could be forced to play a certain way or with players out of form. As i have said elswhere C.Martin is the one out of him wilbraham macdonald and o.johnson that should stay. Didnt he recently sign a new contract?

From what lambert has said and going by his previous policy he will name twenty five players.

GK: ruddy

DF: de laet, r.martin, Tierney, drury, ward, whitbread, barnett.

MF: pilkington, bennett, surman, lappin, hoolahan, fox, crofts, johnson.

Str: morrison, vaughan, holt, jackson, martin.

That is 21 players. lambert has confirmed he is after one more player possibly two. So lets call it 23 for arguments sake.

We know Daley is on his way so remaining players: macnamee, s.smith, hughes, macdonald, wilbraham, o.johnson, tudor-jones.

I should think that if we want a full compliment for covrr and depth two from those will be kept possibly only untill jan. i would plump for wilbraham and macnamee the latter to provide cover untill pilkington is fully fit.

7 players was a ''fag packet'' estimate at the time.  SSN quoted Lambert as saying he''ll sign more players.  IMO we''ll sign at least two with several moving on.  The closer it gets to August, teams sniffing for a bargain might come calling for our fringe players like Hughes, Stevens & OTJ because we might need a place freed up in the 25 man squad.

Read todays evening news which is likely to be far more accurate a reflection of the press conference than ssn.

According to the en lambert has stated he is nearly there with his squad and is working on one possibly two signings. This would fit in with what he said last week in that he was working on one and a couple of others over the coming month.

Ofcourse if an oppertunity arose that was too good to pass up then i am sure he would take it.

But right now i do not see us goong into the toughest league in the world with only four strikers especially while c.martin is only 22.

Players under 21 also don''t need to be registered so Smith, Adeyemi, Daley and anyone in the youth system don''t actually have to take up the 25-man squad. If we got Angela and/or Pacheco, the same would apply. I believe that last season, Arsenal could have played about 70 players if they''d wished as they have so many kids.

Also I THINK we need to register at least 3 players who have been with the club for at least 3 years before they were 21, so C Martin and the like might actually have to take up the 25-man squad to fulfil this obligation

Anyone saying "Marting won''t cut it in the Prem" is simply guessing. There is absolutely nothing anyone can say to suggest he can''t cut it in the Prem that you couldn''t say about Jackson, Holt or Morison.

Fortunately, Lambert is not stupid enought to a) only take 4 strikers to the prem, b) let the best finisher at the club (his own words) go.

Charlie''s list sits best with me.

[quote user="a1canary"]

Charlie''s list sits best with me.

[/quote]

What even with the mistakes? - Korey Smith and Declan Rudd are both under 21 so do not need to be named in the 25.

Cody''s contract is up at the end of this season so we need to sell him now while he has some value, no point loaning him out until Christmas just for his value to drop dramatically. He is never going to be better than James Vaughan who is also younger than him.

I suspect Chris Martin will be sold at the next opportunity after PLs hints about players behaviour etc. Or at the very least loaned out for the season, which is a shame as I like him as a player.

Steven Hughes, tricky. I reckon the club would prefer to offload, but after the big story about his Premier League contract and the fact he''d rather sit here and rot than move on with reduced wages, it''s hard to know. I''m sure there''s an accountant sitting at CR right now figuring out the most cost effective method.

Rudd - He''d be needed as third choice, but if some kind of loan move could be sorted with a call back clause then perfect.

OTJ - Agree, sell for fee if possible or more likely release.

Wilbraham - Sell for fee if possible or again, more likely release.

Cody - He''s absolutely certain to be sold before the season begins. 500k region.

Oli - Definitely to be released.

Korey Smith - Loaned out
Ademyi - Loaned out

McNamee - Sold or released now the two new wingers have come in.

Daley - Released or loaned

Francomb - Released or loaned

Steer - Loaned

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Cody''s contract is up at the end of this season so we need to sell him now while he has some value, no point loaning him out until Christmas just for his value to drop dramatically. He is never going to be better than James Vaughan who is also younger than him.[/quote]

So, what''s he worth at the moment, somewhere between £550k and £750k? If he goes to a Championship Club on loan and knocks in a dozen goals before Xmas what will he be worth to a couple of bidding Clubs desperate for a striker in the transfer window?

[quote user="Jonzey"]

I suspect Chris Martin will be sold at the next opportunity after PLs hints about players behaviour etc. Or at the very least loaned out for the season, which is a shame as I like him as a player. [/quote]

Don''t believe this at all.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Steven Hughes, tricky. I reckon the club would prefer to offload, but after the big story about his Premier League contract and the fact he''d rather sit here and rot than move on with reduced wages, it''s hard to know. I''m sure there''s an accountant sitting at CR right now figuring out the most cost effective method.

[/quote]

You mean Steven Smith don''t you? And that story was just based on one what one manager said, there is two sides to every story.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Rudd - He''d be needed as third choice, but if some kind of loan move could be sorted with a call back clause then perfect.

[/quote]

Second choice isn''t he?

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Cody - He''s absolutely certain to be sold before the season begins. 500k region.

[/quote]

When Peterborough were told we wanted over £550k?

[quote user="Jonzey"]

I suspect Chris Martin will be sold at the next opportunity after PLs hints about players behaviour etc. Or at the very least loaned out for the season, which is a shame as I like him as a player.

OTJ - Agree, sell for fee if possible or more likely release.

Wilbraham - Sell for fee if possible or again, more likely release.

Oli - Definitely to be released.

Korey Smith - Loaned out
Ademyi - Loaned out

McNamee - Sold or released now the two new wingers have come in.

Daley - Released or loaned

Francomb - Released or loaned

Steer - Loaned

[/quote]

Before we go too far with loaning,releasing our young players, remember taht we''re involved in a 22 game Premier reserve laegue season.......who''s going to play in that ?!?!?

This thread proves that people need to research things a bit before coming up with something so full of holes.

I have a sneeky suspicion macnamee will still be about next season because lambert has said he will not rush pilkington. That suggests to me that he may not be ready for the first part of the season at least as a regular.

I can see anthony kept until jan when pilkington is more likey to be fully fit and we know more about where we are. we can change the squad then.

[quote user="chicken"]This thread proves that people need to research things a bit before coming up with something so full of holes. I have a sneeky suspicion macnamee will still be about next season because lambert has said he will not rush pilkington. That suggests to me that he may not be ready for the first part of the season at least as a regular. I can see anthony kept until jan when pilkington is more likey to be fully fit and we know more about where we are. we can change the squad then.[/quote]

I think the above threads quite well informed.

With or without Pilkington''s availability, I cannot see McNamee getting a game next season.

He was, after all, a bit of a fringe player last season, and certainly not my choice as a starter. Impact? Yes sometimes he was a bit useful, but he''ll make litte impact in the Premiership. IMHO

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Cody''s contract is up at the end of this season so we need to sell him now while he has some value, no point loaning him out until Christmas just for his value to drop dramatically. He is never going to be better than James Vaughan who is also younger than him.[/quote]

So, what''s he worth at the moment, somewhere between £550k and £750k? If he goes to a Championship Club on loan and knocks in a dozen goals before Xmas what will he be worth to a couple of bidding Clubs desperate for a striker in the transfer window?

[/quote]

I''ve no doubt that a fit Cody will knock in a dozen before Xmas in the Champs, and if we have a side struggling for goals through bad form, injuries or suspensions Lambert will look a chump. Thus a loan move with a sensible recall  clause would make sense. Cody will be worth 2-3 million if he knocks in over 20 in the Champs. Why we would want to sell a guy now with his potential for 550K simply defies all logic.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

I''ve no doubt that a fit Cody will knock in a dozen before Xmas in the Champs, and if we have a side struggling for goals through bad form, injuries or suspensions Lambert will look a chump. Thus a loan move with a sensible recall  clause would make sense. Cody will be worth 2-3 million if he knocks in over 20 in the Champs. Why we would want to sell a guy now with his potential for 550K simply defies all logic.

[/quote]He still won''t be worth significantly more as he will only have 6 months left on his contract - certainly not £2m+.He could go to a Championship club and score nothing before Christmas and then come back here and be worth nothing. Might as well flog him now and have done with it.