Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Wes Hoolahan!!

Am I the only one who thinks he may soon may be on his way out?

With the arrival of Bradley Johnson, Elliott Bennett and Anthony Pilkington this gives us the chance to play the 4-4-2 and Wes wouldn''t fit in! Wes is older than most and will get found out before we even start which will stop him playing his game so we may need a system to play. We also have alot of midfielders and if we do play the diamond maybe Elliott Bennett would get to play in the tip of the diamond?

I actually thought this myself and thought it must have been spoken about before hence why i never made a thread based on this. Lambert has gone for two wingers. that leaves crofts and fox/johnson in the middle. the two strikers being holt i would guess with either vaughan or morrison. I feel wes may be a bit part player this year.

At this point in time you are the only one .........

The only time Wes will get found out if he holds on to the ball for too long - the pace will be faster and there will be a lot less space.

The premier league is packed with fully fledged international players but I believe that Wes can star and still get international status

Every so often there are posters who want to write Hoolaham off. He is a flair player, thus prone to inconsistency, and they are uncomfortable with that.

They justify their stance with false logic and tactical nonsense. The O/P seemed particularly confused to me.

Lambert is more flexible, and because he obviously needed to strengthen the squad for next season, and understandably widened the options in the process, the anti-Wes brigade joyously embark upon incorrect deductions about the player''s role in the team.

Hoolahan and Holt were the two of the foremost reasons for our miraculous success in the last two seasons. Furthermore, thesee were two of the stand-out players in the Championship last season. Lambert is too clever to even consider unloading either at this moment in time. All successful teams need a few aces in the pack.

IF we were to consider listing Wes, the line of interested clubs would be a mile long This queue would include a few Prem. clubs, irrespective of the tactics that they employ. I even know a Tottenham supporter who would fancy him at White Hart Lane, this may or may not be stretching it. We''ll see.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

With the arrival of Bradley Johnson, Elliott Bennett and Anthony Pilkington this gives us the chance to play the 4-4-2 and Wes wouldn''t fit in! Wes is older than most and will get found out before we even start which will stop him playing his game so we may need a system to play. We also have alot of midfielders and if we do play the diamond maybe Elliott Bennett would get to play in the tip of the diamond?

[/quote]

Whilst i don''t think he would be sold it would not suRprise me if he started on the bench some times. Here is a quote fron HWMBO

Lambert’s recruitment policy includes the addition of pacy attacking options in the shape of Pilkington and Elliott Bennett designed to keep the big boys guessing ahead of City’s top flight bow.

“We have to have other ways of playing,” he said. “Everybody knows how we played last year and the year before. At times we will have to change and that is why you need people to do different jobs. Nothing is set in stone. That isn’t to say I won’t play the same way we did last year, there is nothing to say I won’t change it.

“As I said to them the other day, it’s a level playing field. It’s up to them to try and be in the side. You cannot guarantee anybody anything in football, that is for sure. If I did that, I don’t think that would be right.

wes is made for the premier league , he will light it up !!! how he does even make the republic of ireland squad ???? is incredible!!!

Im not anti wes infact i love the boy. However Lambert has clearly gone for another formation with his new signings and i cant see where wes will fit in. I think both wes and holt wont be playing week in week out.

I don''t think our most influential and creative player over the last two seasons will be leaving.I don''t think all the new signings will go straight into the first team.I''m not sure good players "get found out".  I suspect most defenders know what Lionel Messi is going to do, but that doesn''t stop him from doing it.

The whole idea of building a squad of players is to allow the team to have flexibility.

There may be times when Wes is on the bench, depending upon the system used for specific games but there will other times when he will be a very important part of the starting eleven.

The most stabilty is usually at the back, providing the defence is playing well enough, but I can''t see any player being ''guaranteed'' a starting place.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Yes he''s a crap player which is why we gave him a new 3.5yr contract a few months ago, honestly Banana why would one of our best players be on the way out?

We aren''t going to be playing a standard 4-4-2, at least not often, we''d get destroyed.

I don''t think Wes will be playing every week, but I don''t think anyone will be playing every week, we''ll need to rotate the squad a lot more to keep teams guessing and ensure everyone is at 100%.

I doubt anyone with a leading part in the Errea promotional video will be sold!

Personally I think Wes will light up the Prem - how he''s not playing for his country is beyond me.

nana is back nana is back, whoa whoa.

Wes = most gifted ncfc player that can flip a game on its head since hucks.

thread over.

I rather like you Banana but that is simply ridiculous. Then again you do live in the fruit bowl!!!

Well there you have it.  Expert opinion from the two most knowledgeable posters on the board, Banana and Better (worst) Wizard. We should all agree with these two giants of the game ......... or perhaps not.