Sign in to follow this  
ITFC4LIFE

Hi Guys

I come in Peace!!! Just to let you lot know that I believe that your club is going about buying players and the overall approach to the PL Fantastically!!!!!!! A lot better than a certain Mr Jewell who is starting to lose some fans already so overall best of luck in the PL and I would love the Derby to be taking place in its rightful place next season in the PL!!!!

[quote user="ITFC4LIFE"]I come in Peace!!! Just to let you lot know that I believe that your club is going about buying players and the overall approach to the PL Fantastically!!!!!!! A lot better than a certain Mr Jewell who is starting to lose some fans already so overall best of luck in the PL and I would love the Derby to be taking place in its rightful place next season in the PL!!!![/quote]

No you can''t have him. [:P]

And anyway I hear he doesn''t like blue.

OTBC

Think you may have to settle for a derby day with colchester going by your signings :p

I don''t like this thread...praise from an ITFC fan? Really? What do I do now? Do I abuse him or do I thank him for his comments and wish him all the best in the Championship? I''m just going to leave.

[quote user="ITFC4LIFE"]I come in Peace!!! Just to let you lot know that I believe that your club is going about buying players and the overall approach to the PL Fantastically!!!!!!! A lot better than a certain Mr Jewell who is starting to lose some fans already so overall best of luck in the PL and I would love the Derby to be taking place in its rightful place next season in the PL!!!![/quote]

Fair point - Nathan Ellington!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

Thanks mate, but you may end up in League 1 next year judging by your signings!

Be fair to the chap, he was complimentary and informed. I prefer decent debate with the Tractors, rather that mud-slinging. The klatter often deteriorates into a school playground situation.

Mr. ITFC4. Your comment about Jewell''s decling appeal to Town fans was interesting. Can you elaborate?

For what it''s worth, here is my slightly biased opinion.

I, personally, do not rate the Bowyer deal. His past exploits contradict your club''s image, he is 34 and well past his best, and he has probably negotiated a high wage. The whole thing seems a bit sell-your-soul desperate and he is clearly anticipating a pay-day.

Add Bullard, also well into his thirties, to the mix, as I believe Jewell and fans want, and you will have another.  Keiron Dwyer fancies joining the Club as well. The trend is unstoppable.

The Icelandic player you have acquired is 36 and Scotland is in his thirties.

Dad''s Army all over again? I feel "You''re doomed."  

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]I think Bowyer would be an excellent signing for them.[/quote]

I wouldn''t want him here in a million years. A player like him would quickly disrupt the team ethic that Lambert has created.

Read his Wiki report if you need convincing. I perused it after reading theTractorBoys site for a nose. There are mixed feelings amongst the Portaloo faithful about this player as well.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]I think Bowyer would be an excellent signing for them.[/quote]

I wouldn''t want him here in a million years. A player like him would quickly disrupt the team ethic that Lambert has created.

Read his Wiki report if you need convincing. I perused it after reading theTractorBoys site for a nose. There are mixed feelings amongst the Portaloo faithful about this player as well.

[/quote]

A friend of mine is a binners fan and has said that none of his family have renewed thier S/T because of Jewell''s performance to date, he told me it was the thumping they took off us at Portman road made up minds all over the place, every Ips player seemed to have 3 Nch players on him,Jewell had''nt a clue how to handle us. you can''t help agree with that, All I wished for was why couldn''t have Keano still been in charge.   It would have been nice to see them drop through the trap door to Lg1 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]He is a thoroughly horrible bloke, but still an excellent footballer. His performances for Brum last season were largely outstanding IMO, and he could galvanise them on the pitch, while someone like Bullard can do that both on and off the pitch. I think the predictions of relegation to League One are well wide of the mark (wishful thinking?) but I doubt they will be in the top six. Somewhere between 10th and 12th I reckon.

I have never been a biased person. This is my thoughts.

I remember end of last season there were a few reports of Bowyer possibly coming here, most people on this board wud have liked to see him here. He was and still is a prem player, a quality signing for Ipswich.

Chopra is no worse than then strikers we have at this club and I defo do NOT| see them anywhere near the relegation zone. I am going for top 10, maybe even pushing the play-offs. The problem Ipswich have got tho is not this coming season, but the future. None of their signings have been made with the future as part of the plan.

So yes next season they will do OK, but it seems to me they have gone all out to try and get promotion with a load of individuals, if it doesn''t work they could be in trouble.

Disagree about Chopra. He failed to perform towards the end of his Cardiff spell and was considered to be a shadow of his former self. Drink, gambling and weight gain were cited by Cardiff fans, most of whom were pleased to see the back of him in the end.

There is something wholesome about good old Delia''s Norwich and that nice Mr. Lambert and all those solid pros and good chaps that he constantly signs. Cosy.

Seriously, the Portaloo will be a lively place next season with laugh-a-minute Bullard (likely,) Bowyer and Chopraall together and supervised by smutty Jewell.

It should be as much fun down there as we are likely to have, but for different reasons.

Its nice to see your rivals dropping, but i do enjoy a derby day, perhaps a cup tie!!!

I thought the 1p5wich veterans league played on sundays, as said before, one last big pay off for all Jewells old mates!! Next you''ll be adding Roeder to the backroom staff, now that would be funny!

I''ll be very surprised if Ipswich finish above any of Birmingham, West Ham, Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Blackpool, Middlesbrough, Leeds, Leicester, Cardiff, Brighton, Burnley, Bristol City, Hull, and Reading.It''s a massively competitive Championship this year, and all the aforementioned sides seem far more well equipped for the coming season. For me, the apex of second tier football is about to coincide with one of the worst Ipswich sides for half a century. The side is becoming more and more decrepit, less inspired, and the addition of Nathan Ellington compounds it all to an almost laughable extent. The likes of McCauley and Norris, very average players in themselves, kept up any semblence of Ipswich being a moderately competitive Championship side.The way i see it is Josh Carson is like one last burning ember on a dead star; but even he will come to be burnt out by the suffocating nothingness he is surrounded by.I await the standard purgative comment from City1st for true satisfaction, but i''m confident Ipswich will find himself in a relegation battle this season.

It is going to be funny to watch 1p5wich next season!  Their best players were as someone else said average Championship players and now they have left including thier one star which was Wickham.  They are now replacing them with old, over the hill, past it players who just want to pick up thier last pay cheque.  How are signings like Bowyer and Ingimarsson supposed to make anyone fear 1p5wich next season!?!? Apparently they are after Reo Coker as well which just makes things better!  I haven''t even mentioned the Ellington signing yet, what a joke that was!

LETS ALL LAUGH AT 1P5WICH!!!!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]
He is a thoroughly horrible bloke, but still an excellent footballer. His performances for Brum last season were largely outstanding IMO, and he could galvanise them on the pitch, while someone like Bullard can do that both on and off the pitch. I think the predictions of relegation to League One are well wide of the mark (wishful thinking?) but I doubt they will be in the top six. Somewhere between 10th and 12th I reckon.
[/quote]

11th then[*-)]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]He is a thoroughly horrible bloke, but still an excellent footballer. His performances for Brum last season were largely outstanding IMO, and he could galvanise them on the pitch, while someone like Bullard can do that both on and off the pitch. I think the predictions of relegation to League One are well wide of the mark (wishful thinking?) but I doubt they will be in the top six. Somewhere between 10th and 12th I reckon.[/quote]

11th then[*-)]

[/quote]Ha! You know what I meant... [;)]

I think we should make Ipswich Kenny and Ipswich Crazy pinkun guests of honour for the day...Get them onboard!