Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Bradley Johnson's fitness

Looking at PL standing with three new players it is obvious to me Bradley Johnson is carrying a few pounds.

I have always thought the same about Snodgrass and so wonder whether that Leeds team we have competed with these past two seasons was basically falling short in the fitness department where NCFC used absolute fitness to excel beyond ability.

No doubt Bradley will benefit greatly from the pre-season he if going to get and the kind of fitness regime that has transformed the likes of Fox and Whitbread; this is possibly what PL saw and if he can add 10% to Johnson''s physique and fitness then he will have that essential big physical prescence the Premier League requires in the spine of a side and a much better player than Leeds fans saw and Norwich fans anticipate.

From what I''ve seen, BJ''s engine is 1 of his strengths, we''re going to need a bit of bulk in midfield at times. Perhaps he could lose a few pounds but I don''t want him to lose his physicality.

Perhaps he is just built big? Holty isn''t exactly lean but we all know he can run a marathon in 2 hours.....

This isn''t a criticism of Bradley but an observation that there appears to be room for improvement which will turn a good player into a very good player. Also, a comparison of ourselves to Leeds which might indicate why they failed to do better with a good squad.

Its a fair point RH, I think you could be right. Lets hope so as having amazing fitness doesnt just make players run around more as we all know less than 100% fit players make bad decisions and passes...something that the odd Leeds fan has said about him over the years.

What is more noticable is that those three are all six footers. Morison is also six foot, and Vaughan is as good as, at 5/11.

So we shouldn''t be anybodies pushovers (Stoke maybe).