Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

We are keen on Hungarian international Laszlo Bodnar

He''s a right back who currently plays in the Austrian League for Red Bull Salzburg. In 2009 he was involved in a fatal car crash, while driving he killed a cyclist. He was found guilty for speeding and so causing the accident and was given a 1 year prison sentence, which at the moment is suspended for a 1 year probation.

Thought I''d pass this on.

I work for Sky TV and although I''m hardly a chief sports reporter this has just been doing the rounds, us, QPR and Swansea all interested. One of the Sky Sports reporters has just tweeted this info as well, and he would only be able to publicise such info if there was 100% substance in it.

http://twitter.com/SkySportsPeteO

official_mushy wrote: One of the Sky Sports reporters has just tweeted this info as well, and he would only be able to publicise such info if there was 100% substance in it.

Has to be one of the funniest things I''ve read on here in a while...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

official_mushy wrote: One of the Sky Sports reporters has just tweeted this info as well, and he would only be able to publicise such info if there was 100% substance in it.

[/quote]

Errr, I think you''ll find they know about most enquiries clubs make, and to be fair a lot of them are just enquiries - but seeing as it''s so hilarious it''s something I won''t waste my time passing this sort of thing on - at least I have something to back my statement, unlike a lot of others on here.

official_mushy wrote: Errr, I think you''ll find they know about most enquiries clubs make, and to be fair a lot of them are just enquiries - but seeing as it''s so hilarious it''s something I won''t waste my time passing this sort of thing on - at least I have something to back my statement, unlike a lot of others on here.

Its not the rumour I find hilarious, its the suggestions that Sky Sport journos can''t publicise information without 100% substance...

I refer you back to August 2009...

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS - JIMMY FLOYD-HASSELBAINK SET TO BE APPOINTED MANAGER OF NORWICH CITY...

''Nuff said, really...

Slightly OT, but seeing that you work for Sky Sports, do you know when the TV dates and matches will be released? I know a few Football League games have been announced, so does that mean the PL games will be revealed soon? I need to know the nights to (try to) book off work ASAP!!!!!

[quote user="John"]Looking at his profile on Wiki, it has a hint of a ''Thomas Helveg'' feel to it.[/quote]IMO Helveg was a good player, Worthy''s style of player just didn''t suit him. 

Evil Monkey, fair play regarding the JFH story, that one was a mess, fortunately enough - my point was that the reporters on twitter have to have some degree of substance now, they''re not able to put 2 and 2 together anymore, such is the way social networking spreads so quickly.

To others asking about TV dates, expect something in the next 7 days, they have to give a months notice in advance of the first game of the season picks so we should be hearing something pretty soon.

And Pilkington is pretty much done, medical is passed, it''s a case of sorting paperwork before it''s announced very shortly.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I thought Lambert was only interested in British players this window? [/quote]It was not specifically British players, but players who have experience of the English game, as this season he does not have the luxury of giving players time to adapt, they have to hit the ground running. 

So I think the player mentioned does not really fit in with PL''s plans

[quote user="CambsCanary"]Definitely a "Hung(a)ry"-type Lambert signing.[/quote]Not a bad, strong tackling defender it seems. Wouldn''t mind him in the squad...

[quote user="official_mushy"]

In 2009 he was involved in a fatal car crash, while driving he killed a cyclist. He was found guilty for speeding and so causing the accident and was given a 1 year prison sentence, which at the moment is suspended for a 1 year probation.

[/quote]

Don''t tell Wiz, he''ll really do one. [:O]

[quote user="official_mushy"]

He''s a right back who currently plays in the Austrian League for Red Bull Salzburg. In 2009 he was involved in a fatal car crash, while driving he killed a cyclist. He was found guilty for speeding and so causing the accident and was given a 1 year prison sentence, which at the moment is suspended for a 1 year probation.

Thought I''d pass this on.

[/quote]

Does this mean if we sign him and he gets 2 yellow cards he has to go to prison for a year!?

Have to say the "100% substance" remark made me laugh too! Sounds a little like a slogan for a sports drink or something! I wonder if all the reporters'' stories have to pass the "100% substance" test before publishing! Something like:"Yes boss, i am 100% certain that i have heard this rumour".  This one has a whiff of Klose about it!No offence to OP, just made me laugh!

[quote user="a1canary"]Have to say the "100% substance" remark made me laugh too! Sounds a little like a slogan for a sports drink or something!

I wonder if all the reporters'' stories have to pass the "100% substance" test before publishing! Something like:
"Yes boss, i am 100% certain that i have heard this rumour".  This one has a whiff of Klose about it!

No offence to OP, just made me laugh!
[/quote]If they use that phrase inappropriately, is it substance abuse?

SKY SPORTS are definitely reporting this:

News: Hungary international Laszlo Bodnar has hinted that he is to take in a trial at an English club - with QPR, Norwich and Swansea reported to be interested.

But he really doesn''t fit the mould of Lambert''s usual signings so doubt we really are interested.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11709_7022956,00.html

Hungary international Laszlo Bodnar has hinted that he is to take in a trial at an English club.

The 32-year-old defender is available as a free agent after severing ties with Red Bull Salzburg.

It is reported that a number of sides in England have expressed an interest in his services, but are keen to take a look at him in training first.

Premier League new boys Queens Park Rangers, Swansea City and Norwich City are understood to be leading the chase, and Bodnar has admitted that a deal could be imminent.

"It makes my situation far easier that I''m free to sign anywhere," he told Nemzeti Sport.

"I have more possibilities and it could be that I will travel to England for a trial.

Future

"I don''t want to say the names of clubs because nothing is sure yet.

"I want my future to be decided as soon as possible because the start of the new season is approaching."

Bodnar admits he could yet be lured back to his homeland, having shunned offers from Hungarian clubs in January before moving to Austria.

He added: "Before signing for Salzburg I had offers from Kecskemet and Gyor.

"If I can''t find a club abroad, I don''t rule out the possibility of signing for a Hungarian club."

What do we think? is he the right mould?

[quote user="official_mushy"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

Errr, I think you''ll find they know about most enquiries clubs make, and to be fair a lot of them are just enquiries - but seeing as it''s so hilarious it''s something I won''t waste my time passing this sort of thing on - at least I have something to back my statement, unlike a lot of others on here.

[/quote]Must have a Hungarian speaker in the story room, I assume his voice messages aren''t left in English...[:^)]

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="official_mushy"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Must have a Hungarian speaker in the story room, I assume his voice messages aren''t left in English...[:^)]
[/quote]

Dunno, only the News of the World would be able to confirm that.

For what it''s worth Mushy - I think it''s terrible how you''ve been attacked on this thread for posting a rumour with, at the very least, a mild amount of substantiation. I am more likely to read and speculate over your thread than I am over Thierry Henry to sign, spotted in the Mall buying a candle in Wax Lyrical - or, Cody Macdonald part of exchange deal and cash for (insert lower league player).

Keep your ears.......open (????)

I not like him at all!

Watching many times him FC Debrecen and Hungary national team no doubt for me he was involved on some fixed games even at champions league group''s

!Sure he need money because this car crash dead he was big fined to pay 6 digit amount to the victim but I will be sad if Bodnar be our first abroad signing!

I not like fixers even they give me some times good money from betting and this Bodnar is not right person for our great club........

[quote user="Boris"]I not like him at all!

Watching many times him FC Debrecen and Hungary national team no doubt for me he was involved on some fixed games even at champions league group''s

!Sure he need money because this car crash dead he was big fined to pay 6 digit amount to the victim but I will be sad if Bodnar be our first abroad signing!

I not like fixers even they give me some times good money from betting and this Bodnar is not right person for our great club........[/quote]

The fact that one of his former clubs (or rather some players of it) were or may have been involved in fixtures does not make him a fixer. I think it''s pretty harsh to say that. He''s a strong, experienced player, on a free, and probably with acceptable wage demands (Austrian and Hungarian leagues pay much less than PL clubs), so he can be good signing, not too much of a gamble. Having said that, from among the Hung''ry defenders, I would really love to see Juhasz of Anderlecht in green and yellow. But he might be pricier.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Boris"]I not like him at all! Watching many times him FC Debrecen and Hungary national team no doubt for me he was involved on some fixed games even at champions league group''s !Sure he need money because this car crash dead he was big fined to pay 6 digit amount to the victim but I will be sad if Bodnar be our first abroad signing! I not like fixers even they give me some times good money from betting and this Bodnar is not right person for our great club........[/quote] The fact that one of his former clubs (or rather some players of it) were or may have been involved in fixtures does not make him a fixer. I think it''s pretty harsh to say that. He''s a strong, experienced player, on a free, and probably with acceptable wage demands (Austrian and Hungarian leagues pay much less than PL clubs), so he can be good signing, not too much of a gamble. Having said that, from among the Hung''ry defenders, I would really love to see Juhasz of Anderlecht in green and yellow. But he might be pricier.[/quote]

Eh do you belive player like Bodnar(expiriense) will stay away when 80% of team fix games!?

Big example is game with Lyon 5-0 crazy game play if have it somwhere simply see how Bodnar play no blocks no nothing whole match!

Hungarian''s is well known fixers and many other East Europe players have same history so I doubt we need in big money English game players like this

Debrecen''s game against Fiorentina, not Lyon, was investigated alongside with 47 (!) other games.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/2011/01/14/2305612/betting-scandal-erupts-over-fiorentinas-champions-league

As far as I know nothing much has been found. Not too long ago, some allegations involved City as well, due to unusual betting patterns, and scoreline -- if I remember correctly. Such allegations are many, and are very difficult to prove, I would not dare to make claims about them.