Sign in to follow this  
Oswald Cobblepot

£7m bid for Johnson accepted by Birmingham. . .

Breaking news on sky sports news is that Wolves have had a aid of 7 million accepted for Roger Johnson.

Not quite the sums that some people were throwing about on here a few weeks ago. I''d be surprised if a bigger club doesn''t go in for him at that price.

Supposing we had 7 million available to spend, would you want us bringing him in as the final piece of our jigsaw at that price? Could be our one ''marquee signing'' i guess.

Yeah i would love to see him here too, i really do rate him. Although i think the wages would be our biggest stumbling block. No doubt he''ll want a sizeable and fairly lucrative deal, probably more than we would be willing to offer, and i can''t see us matching what wolves or any other prem club could and probably would offer him.

Would absolutely love it if we somehow could pull this off but can''t see it happening. Prove me wrong PL!!

We could certainly rival Wolves for him, and I think we would have a good chance of getting him. Obviously Lambert was his boss when he was at Wycombe. It is a little steep but we get a quality centre back who has all attributes to be in the England squad. I''d at least like to see us be ambitious and try and bring him to us.

I''d doubt we would have 7 million left to spend on one player when we also have January to consider, let alone his wages.