Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Richard Wright

This goalkeeper, aged 34, is without a club and is currently training at Portman Road to keep fit It is not sure whether they will sign him, although they are a keeper short now. Last season''s number two, Murphy, left on a Bosman I believe.

I have been one of those who has advocated an older, experienced head as back-up for Ruddy. Wright has been very highly regarded in the past, but lost it under Keane, during his second spell at the Portaloo.

A free who, because of his age, would probably be reasonable with his demands.

Do others agree that we could do worse than to keep an eye on the situation down the road? 

You both may be right, but he did get two full caps and Arsene Wenger is reported to have paid £6m (disputed) for him at one time. There must have been something there.

Richard right is a very special footballer. A rare breed, some might say.Despite commanding respect from various quarters when spending most of his time either warming the bench at Everton or dropping the ball for Ipswich, he has always, always, ALWAYS, been utter rubbish.In truth, the very suggestion boggles the mind. My venom applied practically to NCFC''s situation is bleak... for him at least. I can''t imagine he''d be anything other than utterly useless as a squad player- his experience of the prem wasn''t exactly great, he would not supply decent cover for injury and he can in no way challenge Ruddy for his place. He''s simply not good enough. The fact that he''s a scummer simply makes this large, odd-shaped, dung-flavoured, razor-like pill even more hard to swallow.To close: Richard Wright, can he catch it?...No he can''t.

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]He is without a club and on a free for one very good reason. He is crap.

Haha. Spot on !!!

There''s one or two fairly handy keeper''s out of contract with the experience that could help us out, im sure Lambert has it all planned out and will let us know in due course ...

In Lambert we trust :)

you''ve all got your yella spec on again...this is the type of keeper I think we need. Content to sit on the bench and do a job when needed and the experience to teach the 3 young keepers we have a thing or.

Saying that, I reckon there are better out there...is hanehmann (or how ever you spell it) still free?

[quote user="spencer 1970"]you''ve all got your yella spec on again...this is the type of keeper I think we need. Content to sit on the bench and do a job when needed and the experience to teach the 3 young keepers we have a thing or.

Saying that, I reckon there are better out there...is hanehmann (or how ever you spell it) still free?[/quote]Hahnemann is 39, but you only have to look at Van Der Sar, Friedel and Schwarzer to see how valuable a goalkeeper of that age can be. A one-year deal for him would be a very sound move IMO.Richard Wright? Just no.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Worst suggestion EVER!![/quote]

Come, come now! I am quite sure there will have been worse in the past.

There was a time, during Ip----''s hey days under Burley when he

was superb and sought after by everybody. That Arsenal got him is testament to his quality at the time.

I wouldn''t know what he''s like nowadays. Rubbish by the sound of itf it. |

Perhaps we should go for Fulop instead, apparently he''s unsettled.

(Torrents of abuse will now follow.)

"Wright has been very highly regarded in the past"

or in the real world, regarded as a fairly useless, waste of space.

A fact backed by his making only a dozen or less appearances a season in the past decade. Plug as he was known when not injured was found to be a liability taht was best used to warm the bench.

Not being one of the sharpest knives in the box (which being from suffolk, says something) even managed to injure himself in by ignoring a large warning sign to not use goalmouths by actually tripping over the warning sign,

He played foe England once in a meaningless friendly, which is often par fotr the course to boost the players worth. Despite the usual absured over inflated guff about the fee the binners club accounts revealed that the fee was £2m.

Just because some unwanted failkure is by his status unwnated do we have to be linked with him ? Lambert has identified who he wants and has gone out to get them. this is not poorman road. We are not potless, so do not have to have a signing policy that is based around rummaging through the bins of other clubs for their discarded dross. That anybody with any idea of what has been happening at Carrow Road for the past couple of seasons could even consider this would ever be even considered beggars belief.

Plug has been shite through most of his career. He maybe training at the ''elephants graveyard'' that is poorman road but it should be of no consequence to us. They are welcome to him, they have little money or option otherwise.

IMO Wright was pretty good as a youngster, but turned crap rather fast when he left the binmen and never improved - and certainly not what we need. He is proof, if it were ever needed, that ''the next big things'' don''t always make it and are a huge gamble (Connor Wickham, anyone?)....equally, those who are discarded young can then come good big-time-stylee (as we have found to our cost on occasion).

"He is proof, if it were ever needed, that ''the next big things'' don''t always make it and are a huge gamble"

Or a huge earner for some folk.

Wright, whose hype owed much to his agent (Jonathan Barnett), was in good company with others who left poorman road for supposedly huge fees and never really lived up to their promise (hype).

Coincidentally the ''boy blunder'' Wickham has the same agent, Jonathan Barnett. Maybe just coincidence - as is the fact that other former binners Dyer, Bramble, Bent who who left for huge fees also shared the same agent, Jonathan Barnett.

The latter two also signed for Sunderland. Funny old thing is ''coincidence''.

Who woud take Almunia? Probably a bit unrealistic but Arsenal have confirmed he''s in talks with another club.

He''s become a bit of a joke and is certainly a flapper but you can''t be that bad to be Arsenal''s first choice for 2/3 years. Although some would argue that''s been Wengers downfall.

Just thought I''d throw it out there - would be good competition for Ruddy IMO.

[quote user="City1st"]"He is proof, if it were ever needed, that ''the next big things'' don''t always make it and are a huge gamble"

Or a huge earner for some folk.

Wright, whose hype owed much to his agent (Jonathan Barnett), was in good company with others who left poorman road for supposedly huge fees and never really lived up to their promise (hype).

Coincidentally the ''boy blunder'' Wickham has the same agent, Jonathan Barnett. Maybe just coincidence - as is the fact that other former binners Dyer, Bramble, Bent who who left for huge fees also shared the same agent, Jonathan Barnett.

The latter two also signed for Sunderland. Funny old thing is ''coincidence''.[/quote]

Harsh to lump Bent in the same category as Dyer, Wright etc. the blokes record over the past few seasons in phenominal.

Talking of 1p5wich...they have just signed another bright young thing to go with ellington and ingirmarsson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14101570.stm

"Harsh to lump Bent in the same category as Dyer, Wright etc"

eh ?

"as is the fact that other former binners Dyer, Bramble, Bent who who left for huge fees also shared the same agent, Jonathan Barnett."

I hardly think that pointing out that Bent shares the same agent as other former binners is harsh.

[quote user="City1st"]"Harsh to lump Bent in the same category as Dyer, Wright etc" eh ? "as is the fact that other former binners Dyer, Bramble, Bent who who left for huge fees also shared the same agent, Jonathan Barnett." I hardly think that pointing out that Bent shares the same agent as other former binners is harsh.[/quote]

Does this Jonathan Barnett owe you money 1st. City?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I can give you loads of reasons but here is two;

1.He is shite
2.He is ex scum
[/quote]

Just joking. It was clearly a lousy suggestion of mine in the first place.