Sign in to follow this  
mikewalker

People who want us to sign Upson

[quote user="YellowLittle1"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]He has never played in the Prem! this i know!and barnett has played 6 games in the prem two of them subs apperances![/quote]

Your words were Barnett had a "one or two sub appearances"

He played 10 games. 1 Subsitute. On the West Brom and Norwich official site.

But anyway, I don''t think Upson is the ticket. I think Whitbread and Barnett are Premier League quality, not 100% sure about Ward. Either way, we need a centre half.[/quote]Agree 100% that Leon and Zak are the two that should start the season at CB. Ward will be a half decent 2nd choice but we need a fourth and we need an experienced defender!! Someone who has been there and done it!! But who?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="YellowLittle1"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]He has never played in the Prem! this i know!

and barnett has played 6 games in the prem two of them subs apperances!
[/quote] Your words were Barnett had a "one or two sub appearances" He played 10 games. 1 Subsitute. On the West Brom and Norwich official site. But anyway, I don''t think Upson is the ticket. I think Whitbread and Barnett are Premier League quality, not 100% sure about Ward. Either way, we need a centre half.[/quote]

Agree 100% that Leon and Zak are the two that should start the season at CB. Ward will be a half decent 2nd choice but we need a fourth and we need an experienced defender!! Someone who has been there and done it!! But who?
[/quote]

I strongly ssupect that PL will be looking to involve De Laet - especially the way he has talked about his pace and how essential this will be in the PL. Not sure he will displace Tierney early, so he could figure as a CB.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="YellowLittle1"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]He has never played in the Prem! this i know!and barnett has played 6 games in the prem two of them subs apperances![/quote]

Your words were Barnett had a "one or two sub appearances"

He played 10 games. 1 Subsitute. On the West Brom and Norwich official site.

But anyway, I don''t think Upson is the ticket. I think Whitbread and Barnett are Premier League quality, not 100% sure about Ward. Either way, we need a centre half.[/quote]Agree 100% that Leon and Zak are the two that should start the season at CB. Ward will be a half decent 2nd choice but we need a fourth and we need an experienced defender!! Someone who has been there and done it!! But who?[/quote]Anthony Gerrard

I thought De Laet was more of a rightback? I know he can play centre aswell, never thought he played on the left?

And I think Jame Tomkins. He hasn''t done it all but he has had a good season under his belt and will probably be looking to get back in the Prem. If we get a good price could probably make money because of his age.

For any experienced centre half at the minute who isn''t past it, you seem to have to spend to get it.

7Mill for Roger Johnson, Woodgate''s ridiculous wages. That''s why I think we ought to look at a youngster. Find another Shawcross.

Upsons never been that good, even in his prime so now after years of deterioation why would he be any good for us now!

I respect Upson for getting so high up the football ladder with such lowish ability!

Its no surprise noone wants him now!