Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Sunderland Matches idea

Knowing that we play for a cup each time we play Sunderland due to the friendship between the clubs. I think with the game being shown on sky it would be good to get 26000 of those half and half scarves made up with each club name on and somehow tie it up with a deserving charity - maybe with links to both clubs.

Just a thought maybe.

Anything for charity is great in my eyes. And like you say we have a great connection with Sunderland so what better team to do it for. Just need the club or some old lady with a knitting needle to make them. Charities either local ones or help for heroes Is my call !!

Or you could just ask the club

or is that too much of a radical idea for the idiots on here

Just to clarify as I didn''t make it clear, it would be an idea that the two clubs could supply the scarves on the seats before the game like is sometimes done with t shirts. Give people the option to donate to a charity at game and get charity some publicity on tv. Even incorporate charity name in scarf maybe as well.

[quote user="Ncfc26"]Or you could just ask the club or is that too much of a radical idea for the idiots on here[/quote]

some people can''t take a joke

We don''t make friendly games during the season. No way in my eyes we need to focus on beating them not make this some ridicules show like they do in american football etc. Its one league game out of 38 and leave it at that.

The freindship thing was derived from the Milk Cup final of now 26 years ago. Large sections of our and their support won''t know anything about it.Let sleeping dogs lie I say...

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Knowing that we play for a cup each time we play Sunderland due to the friendship between the clubs. I think with the game being shown on sky it would be good to get 26000 of those half and half scarves made up with each club name on and somehow tie it up with a deserving charity - maybe with links to both clubs.

Just a thought maybe.[/quote]

you must be kidding me. why would i want a sunderland scarf