Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Our Best 11 & worst 11 from the possible 25 man squad!?

If the squad is this;

GK''s - John Ruddy, Declan Rudd, Jed Steer (3)

D''s - Russell Martin, Adam Drury, Zak Whitbread, Leon Barnett, Elliott Ward, Marc Tierney, Ritchie De Laet (7)

M''s - Andrew Crofts, Andrew Surman, Wes Hoolahan, David Fox, Korey Smith, Simon Lappin, Elliott Bennett, Bradley Johnson, Anthony Pilkington (9)

F''s - Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson, Chris Martin, Steve Morrision, James Vaughan (5)

This leaves space for 1 more player. If we were to get in 2 more new players I think Simon Lappin would get the chop.

Strongest 11

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Whitbread Tierney

Pilkington Crofts Johnson Bennett

Holt      Vaughan

Im struggling for the best 11

Worst 11

Steer (due to exp, well lack of)

K.Smith Ward De Laet Lappin

Jackson Fox Hoolahan Surman

Martin Morrision

worst 11? I hope that as a Norwich City supporter you would have sufficient faith in the squad, not just the first 11. You have immediately written off two of our new signings, and relegated Jackson to the right wing (wtf?).Sorry I don''t normally post, but this sort of thing just irritates me.

[quote user="fonejacker"]worst 11? I hope that as a Norwich City supporter you would have sufficient faith in the squad, not just the first 11. You have immediately written off two of our new signings, and relegated Jackson to the right wing (wtf?).

Sorry I don''t normally post, but this sort of thing just irritates me.
[/quote]before you have a pop at me, try it yourself its harder than you think!

I''m not so much having a pop at you, just questioning what you are hoping to achieve?Anyway, I don''t post, so that''s the end of it.

My worst XI would line up as follows:

Jackson

Surman C. Martin Oli Jonson S. Smith

Ward C McDonald Whitbred Barnett

Francomb Drury

Thankfully Lambert has tactical sense and offers players belief that they are good enough.

Davo

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

If the squad is this;

GK''s - John Ruddy, Declan Rudd, Jed Steer (3)

D''s - Russell Martin, Adam Drury, Zak Whitbread, Leon Barnett, Elliott Ward, Marc Tierney, Ritchie De Laet (7)

M''s - Andrew Crofts, Andrew Surman, Wes Hoolahan, David Fox, Korey Smith, Simon Lappin, Elliott Bennett, Bradley Johnson, Anthony Pilkington (9)

F''s - Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson, Chris Martin, Steve Morrision, James Vaughan (5)

This leaves space for 1 more player. If we were to get in 2 more new players I think Simon Lappin would get the chop.

Strongest 11

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Whitbread Tierney

Pilkington Crofts Johnson Bennett

Holt      Vaughan

Im struggling for the best 11

Worst 11

Steer (due to exp, well lack of)

K.Smith Ward De Laet Lappin

Jackson Fox Hoolahan Surman

Martin Morrision

[/quote]Why no Lionel Wessi, Jackson or Fox in the strongest 11...on what have you based the picks that were not in last year''s team? Each of those three deserve to be first 11!

Mine:GK: J.RuddyRB: R.MartinRCB: L.BarnettLCB: Z.WhitbreadLB: Da LaetRDM: A.CroftsLDM: D.FoxLAM: A.PilkingtonRAM: E.BennettCAM: W.HoolahanST: G.HoltBench: D.Rudd, M.Tierney, E.Ward, B.Johnson, A.Surman, S.Jackson & J.Vaughan.

Would renaming the title of the thread be of any help to people? Strongest and weakest 11!

Although,personally,this is still a bit hard as i haven''t seen enough of the newbies.I will have to catch a couple of friendlies first!

A daft thread because you''re assuming we''ll play a 4-4-2. I have seen us play in pretty much every single game under Lambert and am sure that he''ll play whatever formation he thinks will give us the best chance of beating the opposing teams stratgy. He''s already said that Pilkington won''t be thrown straight into the fray (not long back from an horrific injury) and I''d be hugely surprised if Hoolahan doesn''t start in the opening game. We love playing the diamond, and look a different team without Wes IMO.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]

Why no Lionel Wessi, Jackson or Fox in the strongest 11...on what have you based the picks that were not in last year''s team? Each of those three deserve to be first 11!
[/quote]

As I think that wes will get found out, jackson isn''t up to the quality of vaughan or morrision, and fox is too light weight for me.

Mmmmmmm, a worst 11 with a striker in midfield and two midfielders at full back?  Bet that took some working out.  Why not have Cody in goal?  Or OTJ at centre half ? Surely that would make it even worse?

Numpty.  What a ridiculous post.

Sorry banana, have to agree with mostly everyone. A best 11 with subs would be a lot better. Hoolahan will certainly be in the 11 and although most knock him, ive stood by simeon and he proved he was quality when given the chance AND hdidnt have everyone on his back.

My 11 and subs (for what its worth) would be....

Ruddy

De laet, Whitbread, Barnett, Martin(r)

Pilkington, Fox, Hoolahan, Bennett

Vaughan, Holt (or Jackson)

Subs: Rudd, Tierney (or Ward), Crofts, Johnson,

Surman, Morrison, Jackson (or Holt)

Of course all this depends on who else comes in and who''s on form etc etc.

Surprise package if given the opportunity will be Simeon Jackson

Best

Ruddy
Martin Barnett Ward Dalaet
Pilkington Johnson Crofts Hoolahan
Vaughan Holt

Weakest

Steer
francomb whitbread S,smith
mcnamee otj hughes Lappin
   Johnson wilbraham martin

So you''re still as much of a prat as 6 months ago then Banana...Hoolahan in your worst eleven, because you ''think he''ll be found out''? Just what exactly, will we find out? That he''s our most talented and creative player? Dear oh dear....

For me it depends alot on formation and who we are playing.The Diamond;                   RuddyR. Martin  Whitbread Barnett  Tieney                     Fox          Crofts         Surnman                  Hoolahan      Holt                   Jackson/Vaughn

4-4-2                      RuddyR.Martin  Whitbread Barnett TieneyBennet    Crofts    Fox    Pillkington           Holt         Jackson Against a bruiser team like stoke                        RuddyR. Martin  Whitbread  Barrnett Tieney                      JohnsonCrofts                                 Fox                       Hoolahan                              Holt               Morison

Something along those line, maybe one or two changes due to the strength of our bench