Sign in to follow this  
carpio

Neil Adams

Darren Eadie or Craig flemming would be my choice... both have links to the club.. neither are in the employ of the club so wont be sitting on the fence either....Darren Eadie is always honest so if its crap he''ll say!

As Craig Flemming is director of football at Lowestoft you can count him out.

Anyway I''ve heard that the BBC are trying to get Smudger to take over.

Is this so important as it''s the only way most of you get to find out the results?

Congratulations to Neil on his appointment, I''m sure he will do a fine job but I''ll certainly miss him on Canary Call. I''d love Paul McVeigh to take over, can''t wait to see how he deals with Barry and all those other fascinating callers.

I reckon'' Dion Dublin would be a good punt.

He does the City stuff on ''Late Kick Off'' , quite often sticking it to M*tt Holland - seems to be a genuine fan.

Neil will be greatly missed. McVeigh''s the best replacement as far as I am concerned - articulate, lively and intelligent. I have found Dion a disappointment on Late Kick Off - sounds like he''s busking it with too many footballing cliches and not enough research.

To be honest I was not a fan of adams on the radio, last season however he and goreham were bringing the best to the radio.

I would have to say I am not disappointed that he is leaving and certainly would hope we would get a good biased member to join goreham.

Former player, well obviously iwan would be top for me.

Hucks is a legend, but I would not want him involved yet, he is doing so much other work.

McVeigh, no idea. Does not stand out as an option.

Jerry Goss could be a great shout, having worked with him at the club he is a natural and has a great sense of humour.

Dion obviously is media savy so again a little like iwan tough to agree to.

For me hands down it would be Jerry Goss.

Mike Milligan is my choice.

I want to hear him drunkenly dealing with the bumpkins that ring up.

[quote user="Jacko"]Whats Glenn Roeder up to these days?[/quote]

Or Cody for that matter? Lambert might loan him to Radio Norfolk for the season [:P]

Well done Neil on your new job, thoroughly deserved from what I''ve heard.

My vote for a replacement would go to Darren Eadie, still passionate about NCFC, a good speaker and would do the radio job enthsiastically.

Whoever gets the job has to be available to travel with Chris to every game so that rules out Iwan and Dion who some have suggested as they will be busy. 

[quote user="snakepit ric"]Agree eadie is a good bloke. Lives locally love the club. And actually has played the game at a high standard sign him up[/quote]

Totally agree - DE for the job. Top bloke and knows the game well.

I was watching the 2004/05 video just at the weekend and for the Southampton away match which we lost 4-3, Eadie was co-commentator with Dan O''Hagan for the beamback at Carrow Rd. Their commentary was used for the DVD and Eadie was perfect for what Radio Norfolk would need - someone who knows the game but is passionate also and has a good sense of humour, as well as being a "fan" also. We don''t just want an articulated view, we want someone who is going to be biased when we score, just like Neil Adams did last season!!! I want the cry of "YESS!!" over Goreham''s commentary when we score - Eadie would most certainly give you that.

What about Eadie and McVeigh,... then maybe Lambert could bring them on if we are struggling to break down a stubborn defence next season.

Paul McVeigh may not be skilled in the Norfolk dialect but his use of the English language is first class. No err''s and you knows in every other sentence. Good use of adjectives and fine descriptive terms, plus a though knowledge of the game.

If he wants the job,I say let him have it.

[quote user="Larry David"]Is this so important as it''s the only way most of you get to find out the results?[/quote]

Don''t try to turn this into an ''I''m a better fan than you lot cos I''ve got a Season Ticket'' argument. Its been done to death and there are many perfectly good reasons why many people cannot attend games, (work commitments, family, cost, location, etc.) and its not like there are thousands of empty seats available is it? Some people need radio Norfolk just so they can follow the games every week - thats why its important.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

Some people need radio Norfolk just so they can follow the games every week - thats why its important.

[/quote]

Well said, ther must be loads of people who for whatever reason can''t get to CR and dont have pc''s but love to follow their team, for them Radio Norfolk is a lifeline.

I listen to Chris/Neil when I can''t get to an away game, think they do a wonderfull job.

When at university I have to travel from Nottingham and back for every home game so don''t have the funds to make many away games, especially with the prices this season, so being able to listen to the commentary for away games on Canaries Player is vital for me. Can''t see how people who listen to the commentary on the radio are any less of a supporter than those who attend games, as posters above have said, people can''t always make games or have the funds to do so, so listening on the radio when they can''t don''t get the glamour of viewing the action shows some good loyalty as a supporter to me.

[quote user="alysha"]

When at university I have to travel from Nottingham and back for every home game so don''t have the funds to make many away games, especially with the prices this season, so being able to listen to the commentary for away games on Canaries Player is vital for me. Can''t see how people who listen to the commentary on the radio are any less of a supporter than those who attend games, as posters above have said, people can''t always make games or have the funds to do so, so listening on the radio when they can''t don''t get the glamour of viewing the action shows some good loyalty as a supporter to me.

[/quote]

Spot on, but try selling that to the inner circle types many of whom hardly step outside Norfolk.

OTBC

[quote user="alysha"]

[/quote]

Spot on, but try selling that to the inner circle types many of whom hardly step outside Norfolk.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="alysha"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

That being the case I doubt they go to any away games at all...

Unless we play Kingd Lynn in the cup[ap]