Sign in to follow this  
carpio

Neil Adams

Just seen that Neil Adams has left the Beeb commentary team to work full tine for City as a coach with the U16 and to help out with the Under18s. Saturday''s on the radio will not be the same !

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]Does this mean a job for Ewan?!![/quote]

Who?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Paul McVeigh would do a fine job![/quote]

No thanks, the professional Irish accents have already taken over BBC World, for one.

[:S]

OTBC

Gutted about losing Neil from the radio, will miss those priceless moments like when Simeon scored ''that'' goal against Derby.As for a replacement...... How about adding Darren Eadie onto the list?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No thanks, the professional Irish accents have already taken over BBC World, for one.

OTBC

[/quote]

Bit racist.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

What exactly is your problem with the irish accent? Not exactly a politically correct post in this day and age now is it Bly?[:$]

POST YOUR FAVOURITE CANARY CALL NEIL ADAMS ANECDOTES HERE

Several years ago when we were very crap, some old dude phoned up to ask about one of our duffers who was leaving on a ''Bosman''. Maybe it was Mulryne? I forget. Anyway, the point was that Trever from Poringland* couldn''t grasp the fact that contracts expired. Neil very paitently and clearly explained the Bosman ruling, that the Belgian footballer Jean Bosman had brought the case to court, won and the rules had duly changed.

Quick as a flash our feisty Canary Caller seized on this crucial nugget of info and bellowed

"WHAT...a Bell-Junn, messin'' with the Sutty''s ha''ffairs Neil? He worna keep his nowse out orn ut!"

Great site lads.

*can''t remember his actual name, this''ll do.

[quote user="mikewalker"]

POST YOUR FAVOURITE CANARY CALL NEIL ADAMS ANECDOTES HERE

[/quote]

It''s got to be the ''WHATS GORN ORN IN TRAINUN NEIL?'' saga with Barry. That was a classic.

Barry is going to be SO upset when he hears about this!!

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Barry is going to be SO upset when he hears about this!![/quote]

At least if Barry ever speaks to Neil again, he may know more about what goes on at training now. [;)]

Eadie would be okay and has given a decent account of himself on TV. I don''t think it would suit Hucks full time. Iwan has more personality for the job and I think would be better with the callers on Canary Call, as would Dion, but guess he''d be far too busy.

However, I think that Paul McVeigh would be excellent, bundles of personality, recency of club connections...and a great accent

[quote user="carpio"]Just seen that Neil Adams has left the Beeb commentary team to work full tine for City as a coach with the U16 and to help out with the Under18s. Saturday''s on the radio will not be the same !
[/quote]

Is this true, or did you hear this from your uncles neighbour who makes deliveries to Carrow Road?

I''d be very suprised if Neil had to leave his commentary position to do this.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[quote user="carpio"]Just seen that Neil Adams has left the Beeb commentary team to work full tine for City as a coach with the U16 and to help out with the Under18s. Saturday''s on the radio will not be the same !
[/quote]

Is this true, or did you hear this from your uncles neighbour who makes deliveries to Carrow Road?

It''s on the BBC website now, so It must be true :(

I''d be very suprised if Neil had to leave his commentary position to do this.

[/quote]

At first when I read this I was gutted. But just realised all games will be live on TV in some form so most of us wouldn''t be listening to Radio Norfolk anyway! :o)

Iwan has a full time job with BBC Wales, very much doubt he''d drop this.

McVeigh was in the studio a lot last season IIRC so may be a shoo-in. Eadie may want to follow his mate Robbie Savage into the media..

[quote user="ms miggins"]

Darren Eadie might be a bit boring to listen to, my vote goes to Brian Blessed!!!!!!

[/quote]

A BIG second to that!!!That would be awesome! [:D]

Well, this is me being very suprised!!

Fair play to him, coaching roles aren''t easy to get at Premiership clubs. I agree with the above comment that Paul Mcveigh is very likely to feature given the amount of airtime he had last season. Hucks probably won''t because of his VIP commitments, and obviously Dion is probably much to high profile given his national media work. So that leaves Eadie too in the running with Mr Mcveigh. We shall see.