Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Iwan Roberts sighting

About an hour ago I saw Iwan Roberts in St Giles St near the City Hall. I wonder if its anything to do with the vacancy at Radio Norfolk now that Neil Adams has gone?

Doubt it Ricardo, isn''t he contracted to radio wales to cover games in that area on Saturdays ?

[quote user="cityangel"]Doubt it Ricardo, isn''t he contracted to radio wales to cover games in that area on Saturdays ?[/quote]Maybe idle speculation but I doubt he''s here for a holiday.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityangel"]Doubt it Ricardo, isn''t he contracted to radio wales to cover games in that area on Saturdays ?[/quote]Maybe idle speculation but I doubt he''s here for a holiday.[/quote]Doesn''t his girlfriend live round here or something?I have seen him quite a few times in Norwich.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityangel"]Doubt it Ricardo, isn''t he contracted to radio wales to cover games in that area on Saturdays ?[/quote]Maybe idle speculation but I doubt he''s here for a holiday.[/quote]Doesn''t his girlfriend live round here or something?I have seen him quite a few times in Norwich.[/quote]What! with a wife and two kids?

He''s not going to do it. He tweeted the following yesterday, so end of story there I think."Just for the record I love working for radio Wales and have over a year left on my contract so my choice would be speaks well"

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityangel"]Doubt it Ricardo, isn''t he contracted to radio wales to cover games in that area on Saturdays ?[/quote]Maybe idle speculation but I doubt he''s here for a holiday.[/quote]Doesn''t his girlfriend live round here or something?I have seen him quite a few times in Norwich.[/quote]What! with a wife and two kids?[/quote]Wheres that edit button?Sorry Iwan.[:(]

[quote user="ricardo"]You had me going there Morty, I thought I''d missed something.[/quote]I shall check on this, as know someone who knows his Mrs / girlfriend.Point still is that I have seen him in Norwich a lot though.[:D]

I presumed he was not with his wife anymore and had a girlfriend, as he refers to another women a lot on his Twitter and makes out as though he has to travel to see his children.

[quote user="alysha"]I presumed he was not with his wife anymore and had a girlfriend, as he refers to another women a lot on his Twitter and makes out as though he has to travel to see his children.[/quote]Yeah, thats what I thought.I have texted a friend who will confirm this hopefully lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="alysha"]I presumed he was not with his wife anymore and had a girlfriend, as he refers to another women a lot on his Twitter and makes out as though he has to travel to see his children.[/quote]Yeah, thats what I thought.I have texted a friend who will confirm this hopefully lol.[/quote]I''ve got to say I am very surprised by that Morty.Having been married to the same woman for 47 years makes me old fashioned I reckon.

I''m pretty certain he has indeed split from his wife and has a new girlfriend, at least I''d assumed the same as Alysha from his Tweets...

I think Pete made a comment on Twitter that the big man had been cycling down Prince of Wales Road the other day, and it seems he''s in the city a lot...

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="alysha"]I presumed he was not with his wife anymore and had a girlfriend, as he refers to another women a lot on his Twitter and makes out as though he has to travel to see his children.[/quote]Yeah, thats what I thought.I have texted a friend who will confirm this hopefully lol.[/quote]I''ve got to say I am very surprised by that Morty.Having been married to the same woman for 47 years makes me old fashioned I reckon.[/quote]Just been confirmed by text (I can''t reveal my source lol) that he is no longer with his wife.

When I saw him in Queens Road Sainsburys the other week I figured that he must be re-signing for us.

Lol, I''m just glad te gap toothed legend wasn''t playing away, and I had dropped him in it![:D]

I believe his new lady lives in the Trafford Rd area.I have seen him, (and I assume the lady in question), in the Unthank Arms, 2 or 3 times recently.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityangel"]Doubt it Ricardo, isn''t he contracted to radio wales to cover games in that area on Saturdays ?[/quote]Maybe idle speculation but I doubt he''s here for a holiday.[/quote]Doesn''t his girlfriend live round here or something?I have seen him quite a few times in Norwich.[/quote]Have seen him in that part of London more than once before. I wouldn''t read anything into it.

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"]I believe his new lady lives in the Trafford Rd area.I have seen him, (and I assume the lady in question), in the Unthank Arms, 2 or 3 times recently.[/quote]i did see some woman call Iwan a "ginger Tw*t" outside the Tescos on Grove road Christmas Eve (i was in a desperate search from Brandy Butter!).. so perhaps he does live near there.... Either way, his private life is no concern of ours....

I''m pretty sure he lives here. I often see him in Ha Ha''s or All Bar 1 as it is now and have also seen him jogging down Riverside Rd in the mornings.

For the record, he was at the train station at 6pm approx last night waving a young lady off on a train, which presumably was his daughter going home to her mum rather than his girlfriend (she looked in her teens!)

He does indeed live in Norwich now, I have insider info lol.So sightings shouldn''t be treated as unusual.[:)]

Would be great if he took the Radio Norfolk job. But obviously BBC Wales commitments dictate otherwise.

Iwan could present Canary Call in Welsh, which I would rather listen to than "Tony" . PS Did anyone see him at the Norfolk Show (Iwan I mean not Tony) ? Lost a load of weight...his new lady must be good for him [;)]