Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

25 Man Squad, Agree/Disagree

Apologies too Vital Football for extracting their list, just saves me a while writing them out myself!

Do you see the below shaping our 25 squad,will Wilbraham make the cut?

Possible 25-man Squad

1 Ruddy, John

-- 2 Extra Goalkeeper--

3 Barnett, Leon

4 Ward, Elliott

5 de Laet, Ritchie

6 Drury, Adam

7 Tierney, Marc

8 Whitbread, Zak

9 Martin, Russell

-- 10 Extra Defender--

11 Johnson, Bradley

12 Crofts, Andrew

13 Fox, David

14 Hoolahan, Wesley

15 Lappin, Simon

16 Surman, Andrew

17 Pilkington, Anthony

18 Bennett, Elliott

--19 Extra Midfielder --

20 Holt, Grant

21 Jackson, Simeon

22 Vaughan, James

23 Wilbraham, Aaron

24 Martin, Chris

25 Morison, Steve

Under 21''s

Rudd, Declan

Steer, Jed

Francomb, George

Daley, Luke

Dawkin, Josh

Adeyemi, Tom

Smith, Korey

Moving On?

Steven Smith

Owain Tudur Jones

Anthony McNamee

Oli Johnson

Stephen Hughes

Cody McDonald

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=247126#ixzz1RygmU6ey

Luke Daley is over 21 and will be moved on. Isn''t he already having a trail with Plymouth?

Think the 25 is pretty much there, but of course depends on who we can sell. If Stephen Smith is still around come September 1st I wouldn''t be surprised to see him make the squad.

With the lure of premiership football, it''ll be interesting to see if Steven Smith stays to fight for a place - would also be a solution to one of the extra defender problems

I think if we are playing Wilbraham up front in the Prem then something has gone seriously wrong!

[quote user="3canaries"]Apologies too Vital Football for extracting their list, just saves me a while writing them out myself!

Do you see the below shaping our 25 squad,will Wilbraham make the cut?

Possible 25-man Squad

1 Ruddy, John

-- 2 Extra Goalkeeper--

3 Barnett, Leon

4 Ward, Elliott

5 de Laet, Ritchie

6 Drury, Adam

7 Tierney, Marc

8 Whitbread, Zak

9 Martin, Russell

-- 10 Extra Defender--

11 Johnson, Bradley

12 Crofts, Andrew

13 Fox, David

14 Hoolahan, Wesley

15 Lappin, Simon

16 Surman, Andrew

17 Pilkington, Anthony

18 Bennett, Elliott

--19 Extra Midfielder --

20 Holt, Grant

21 Jackson, Simeon

22 Vaughan, James

23 Wilbraham, Aaron

24 Martin, Chris

25 Morison, Steve

Under 21''s

Rudd, Declan

Steer, Jed

Francomb, George

Daley, Luke

Dawkin, Josh

Adeyemi, Tom

Smith, Korey

Moving On?

Steven Smith

Owain Tudur Jones

Anthony McNamee

Oli Johnson

Stephen Hughes

Cody McDonald

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=247126#ixzz1RygmU6ey[/quote]

Agree with that apart from Wilbraham, Lappin and possibly even Drury....

[quote user="CambsCanary"]Can''t see another midfielder coming in, so reckon MacNamee may be in there.[/quote]If Macnamee gets a game in the Prem then I want one too!

Lansbury is a distinct possibility, especiall as he has ben left out of the Arsenal touring squad. We''ll definately get another keeper, whether on a season long loan or perminant, it has to be a given, giving Rudd''s inexperience of games.

A defender would be nice, but I think Lambert will wait until January to reinforce this department

[quote user="3canaries"]Lansbury is a distinct possibility, especiall as he has ben left out of the Arsenal touring squad. We''ll definately get another keeper, whether on a season long loan or perminant, it has to be a given, giving Rudd''s inexperience of games. A defender would be nice, but I think Lambert will wait until January to reinforce this department[/quote]

Lambert has already said he''s looking to bring another defender in before the season starts.

[quote user="CambsCanary"]"If Macnamee gets a game in the Prem then I want one too!"

Yeah, but can you do multiple step-overs to no particular effect (OTJ can''t)?[/quote]Aye, I reckon I could.I''m not great at crossing either.[:)]

Doesn''t Lambert want just one more player? Your asking for three there.

I think Macnamee could stay, as he''s a wide man, he may not be any good but may be needed at some point.

Oh and 3canaries, i think Bethnal on another thread, said that none of the Arsenal under 21 WC players went on tour, not just Lansbury.

[quote user="CambsCanary"]"Aye, I reckon I could.

I''m not great at crossing either."

Fair, enough, Morty, think you may be in with a shout.[/quote]AT 44 this year, and after two cruciate ligament reconstructions, I reckon I could be just ahead of Macnamee in the pecking order.[:)]

I think McNamee is a decent player.

More often than not he gave us a different dimension on the pitch, he committed defenders and got decent balls into the box.

But people will probably only remember the tough game he had against Leyton Orient where they doubled up on him and he very rarely had any help in beating his markers.

Although he''s unlikely to be a regular starter for us this season (and he may want to go elsewhere to get some games) I don''t think he''ll be a player Lambert is in a hurry to get rid of.

"AT 44 this year, and after two cruciate ligament reconstructions, I reckon I could be just ahead of Macnamee in the pecking order."

Ah, but do you have a rip-roaring song with a naughty word in it and a bit of nursery rhyme to boot? That would be the clincher.

[quote user="CambsCanary"]"AT 44 this year, and after two cruciate ligament reconstructions, I reckon I could be just ahead of Macnamee in the pecking order."

Ah, but do you have a rip-roaring song with a naughty word in it and a bit of nursery rhyme to boot? That would be the clincher.[/quote]Ach, fail.[:(]

[quote user="GJP"]

More often than not he gave us a different dimension on the pitch, he committed defenders and got decent balls into the box.

But people will probably only remember the tough game he had against Leyton Orient where they doubled up on him and he very rarely had any help in beating his markers.

Although he''s unlikely to be a regular starter for us this season (and he may want to go elsewhere to get some games) I don''t think he''ll be a player Lambert is in a hurry to get rid of.

[/quote]

Totally agree GJP. Having watched the DVD of last season I was reminded of just how involved he was in creating chances when he played, particularly at the start of the season. Some people seem determined to run him down, but he''s a good player who has understood that for tactical reasons he won''t always get a game and he''s kept his head down and never given Lambert any trouble and waited for his chances. I have a lot of time for McNamee.

[quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Totally agree GJP. Having watched the DVD of last season I was reminded of just how involved he was in creating chances when he played, particularly at the start of the season. Some people seem determined to run him down, but he''s a good player who has understood that for tactical reasons he won''t always get a game and he''s kept his head down and never given Lambert any trouble and waited for his chances. I have a lot of time for McNamee.

[/quote]If he could maintain his standards for longer than 10 minutes every three or four games he would be a great player.

Would also be handy if Macca could start a game and actually produce a performance. Orient home I heard about, but Donny away I saw with my own eyes and he was dire.

In the odd cameo, he can change a game. Watford away and (from memory) Burnley home. Hence the suggestion he might figure in the squad.

He is inconsistent, which he probably knows himself is his biggest downfall, but as a game-changer coming off the bench he has been massive for us before.

In terms of the squad that the OP has put together, I think he will be the extra midfielder in the 25 that has been allowed for. I think Lambert has decided upon De Laet as the 4th centre back by all accounts so I don''t think there''ll be another added. The player in the "back line" Lambert alluded to will likely be a keeper imo. I also can''t see Wilbraham being part of it now we have Morison. I think Wilbraham will join the "Probable departures" list that the OP posted and any that are left at the end of August from him, Hughes, OTJ, Smith etc will go into the final 25.

Cody will be dangled to bring some cash in because he''ll struggle to break into the team, but if nobody meets the price I expect him to be in the 25, and think he''s a more likely member of that than Wilbraham.

[quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought he was a bit unlucky really, particularly in terms of support (or lack of) from the crowd.

The Orient game really stuck out for me because although nothing was coming off for him he kept trying but rather than get behind him there was just mainly criticism and jeers from the fans.

It was the same kind of mutterings that I could hear around me when Simeon Jackson was going through a barren spell infront of goal. I can remember hearing some very heavy criticism of him, usually demanding he was removed from the pitch any time he had a shot that didn''t find the back of the net or tried a pass that didn''t find its man.

Whether Lambert thinks he''s got enough to offer as part of our Premier League squad remains to be seen but I wouldn''t be surprised if McNamee is amongst our 25.

In response to the op i have suggested pretty much the same squad in another thread of a similar title and content.

I think players will be kept to keep up numbers in areas we will struggle to fill. so wilbraham and macnamee could well say. i would say a lot depends on if we can get anyone in that could compete for a place.

As for lansbury isnt he young enough to not count towards the 25?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CambsCanary"]"Aye, I reckon I could.

I''m not great at crossing either."

Fair, enough, Morty, think you may be in with a shout.[/quote]AT 44 this year, and after two cruciate ligament reconstructions, I reckon I could be just ahead of Macnamee in the pecking order.[:)]

[/quote]

i think wiz is ahead of macnamee

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought he was a bit unlucky really, particularly in terms of support (or lack of) from the crowd.

The Orient game really stuck out for me because although nothing was coming off for him he kept trying but rather than get behind him there was just mainly criticism and jeers from the fans.

It was the same kind of mutterings that I could hear around me when Simeon Jackson was going through a barren spell infront of goal. I can remember hearing some very heavy criticism of him, usually demanding he was removed from the pitch any time he had a shot that didn''t find the back of the net or tried a pass that didn''t find its man.

Whether Lambert thinks he''s got enough to offer as part of our Premier League squad remains to be seen but I wouldn''t be surprised if McNamee is amongst our 25.

[/quote]To be fair that barren spell did last nearly 5 1/2 months in the league.

3canaries

Apologies too Vital Football for extracting their list, just saves me a while writing them out myself! Do you see the below shaping our 25 squad,will Wilbraham make the cut? Possible 25-man Squad 1 Ruddy, John -- 2 Extra Goalkeeper-- 3 Barnett, Leon 4 Ward, Elliott 5 de Laet, Ritchie 6 Drury, Adam 7 Tierney, Marc 8 Whitbread, Zak 9 Martin, Russell -- 10 Extra Defender-- 11 Johnson, Bradley 12 Crofts, Andrew 13 Fox, David 14 Hoolahan, Wesley 15 Lappin, Simon 16 Surman, Andrew 17 Pilkington, Anthony 18 Bennett, Elliott --19 Extra Midfielder -- 20 Holt, Grant 21 Jackson, Simeon 22 Vaughan, James 23 Wilbraham, Aaron 24 Martin, Chris 25 Morison, Steve

Tangy:

I agree with that execept for:

no. 23 Wilbraham

no 19 extra midfielder