Sign in to follow this  
RichT - The Biscuit

It's a height thing?

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Anyone noticed how all the players that Mambo has signed are big in stature?

Pilkington, Johnson, de Laet, Morison, Vaughan and Bennett are all 6ft plus.

Guess he has Stoke in mind!!!![/quote]Yeah apart from the fact Bennett is only 5''9 and Vaughan is 5''11.

Also they have added some much needed pace to the squad which was something we were almost totally devoid of - Barnett the only defender with pace and Jackson was quickish up front.

As mentioned above Vaughan and Bennett aren''t 6ft. However I see your point and believe Lambert is toughening us up to a certain extent whilst adding pace in De Laet, Bennett, Pilkington and Vaughan.

Does anyone remember the 4-0 hammering we took at Chelsea in the cup.  I just remember how every anyone of their 11 players was stronger and faster than any of our 11 players (I''m pretty sure the only one that could compete was Dickson Etuhu in the middle and he went off after 20 minutes.  Don''t get me wrong, Chelsea were a fantastic side in 2007 and contain some of the world''s best.  Whilst technically Norwich may struggle against some of the best opposition this season, we must ensure as a minimum that we compete physically and are well organised.  I think we are well set up.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]As mentioned above Vaughan and Bennett aren''t 6ft. However I see your point and believe Lambert is toughening us up to a certain extent whilst adding pace in De Laet, Bennett, Pilkington and Vaughan.[/quote]

Not forgetting Morison who is supposed to be ''pacey'' as well.