Sign in to follow this  
October

Wigan

Anyone know when tickets might be on sale, what sort of allocation we''ll have and whether you think we''ll sell out?

Allocation should be 5,000. We should have no problems selling out but I''m hoping they''ll be on general sale.

[quote user="OTBC"]Allocation should be 5,000. We should have no problems selling out but I''m hoping they''ll be on general sale. [/quote]I was told in the ticket office today that tickets WILL be on general sale. Still no date as to when though...

Sounds about right - their lowest category games last season were £20 a ticket.  Despite all the hysteria over the prices clubs like Chelsea charge there are still clubs out there that don''t totally price ordinary fans out.

No, not at all.  Just pointing out that not every club in the Premier League are total rip-off merchants even though clubs like Chelsea and QPR''s prices have been well publicised, and it''s nice to see a club that isn''t going to price out its supporters year after year.

quote userInLambertWeTrust

Hysteria over the prices clubs like Chelsea charge

So you think it''s acceptable to charge £50 for a football match

/quote

Of course it is.Supply and demand is the name of the game. If they didn''t have to give us tickets at Chelsea, they would sell out to the Home fans anyway so they''re only making the money they would do anyway. Whereas Wigan on the other hand, think its better to sell 5,000 tickets at £20.00 than 1,500 tickets at £50.00.

You lot are ruddy boring. We had this debate yesterday about Chelsea prices yes its wrong but lets move on. Lets talk about how Italy and Spain could be following Greece into another bailout....doh life''s crap.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]You lot are ruddy boring. We had this debate yesterday about Chelsea prices yes its wrong but lets move on. Lets talk about how Italy and Spain could be following Greece into another bailout....doh life''s crap.[/quote]

Well I can remember the days of paying five and a tanner to get in to Carrow road  thats 45p to you young-uns

Have booked a trip away based around the Wigan game - going camping in Peaks then on to Wigan on Sat and staying in a hotel there the night (I know its not the nicest place...)

So...anyway hoping to get two tickets!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Better Wizard"]You lot are ruddy boring. We had this debate yesterday about Chelsea prices yes its wrong but lets move on. Lets talk about how Italy and Spain could be following Greece into another bailout....doh life''s crap.[/quote]

Well I can remember the days of paying five and a tanner to get in to Carrow road  thats 45p to you young-uns

[/quote]45p is nine bob pete so you must have got a bargain at 27 and a half p.( that''ll confuse the young-uns )

Not so well you remember

five and a tanner was 27 and a half p now

9 shilling is now 45p

Just so we don''t confuse our younguns

Pabs, Wigan is not bad! Glad to hear these tickets are on general sale, we live near Preston and so this is a chance to see a local game for us. I had assumed it would be away season tickets/stubs etc required.

[quote user="southstand"]Well I can remember the days of paying five and a tanner to get in to Carrow road  thats 45p to you young-uns Not so well you remember five and a tanner was 27 and a half p now 9 shilling is now 45p Just so we don''t confuse our younguns[/quote]

Well I always said my maths were rubbish, necer got used to the decimal coin, and still buy and sell horses with the guinney.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="southstand"]Well I can remember the days of paying five and a tanner to get in to Carrow road  thats 45p to you young-uns Not so well you remember five and a tanner was 27 and a half p now 9 shilling is now 45p Just so we don''t confuse our younguns[/quote]

Well I always said my maths were rubbish, necer got used to the decimal coin, and still buy and sell horses with the guinney.

[/quote]

Thats never as well